• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Encyclopaedic Pokemon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PDL

disenchanted
This seems like an interesting project, I might even enter a few entries myself.

I always wanted to do a pokemon documentary of sorts, but I was often afraid that people wouldn't go for it since most people here prefer stories to fictional textbook writings.

Since the Gardevoir line is already taken, (>_>) could I do Roselia, the Marrep line and Dunsparce? If I get these done, is it possible to take on more?

EDIT: I might to Marowak as well

Last edited:
i can do some of the 4th gen pokemon, ill get started on them right away

well munchlax, bonsly and mime jr have pretty much been explained, i could do those, also with you's permission, i was thinking of making a site, kind of like wikipedia and put all the information there, with you's help, we can make it complete for every generation

Arcanine Royale

well munchlax, bonsly and mime jr have pretty much been explained, i could do those, also with you's permission, i was thinking of making a site, kind of like wikipedia and put all the information there, with you's help, we can make it complete for every generation

Well, the thing with that is that this is mostly fictional, making assumptions based on actual facts. So really, it wouldn't be very effective. I guess it could work, as the "advanced dex" for a sort of pokemon fanon/EU assumptions sort of wiki. But, enough of that.

As for 4th gen, I don't really think there's enough info. I mean, there moves aren't even out yet, not to mention there location and everything else. It just seems way to much based on fiction over fact to me.

And You, I really haven't been working on the Ponyta/Rapidash one. But hopefully, I'll get it done this week.

you

Barbed
Ok long post coming up, i think i will have to enforce a new rule now: you can only reserve 2 evolution lines at once. Once an entry has been submitted you may reserve a new line. Because depending on how long it is going to take a person to write an entry the 3rd or 4th reservation could be reserved for a very long time and other people may want to write an entry for that pokemon. And for example i invented what Charizard eats, I invented some of Venusaurs behavioural habits and Blastaoises water propellant system.

Oh, um... can I write about the main Pokémon of my currently primary fic (Illumise, Cradily/Lileep, and Kangaskhan), plus Bellossom?

of course you can but if you write about Illumise you have to write about volbeat and with the new rule you can only reserve to lines at once. So i will put you down for Volbeat/Illumise and Cradily/Lileep, let me know if you wish to change.

ince the Gardevoir line is already taken, (>_>) could I do Roselia, the Marrep line and Dunsparce? If I get these done, is it possible to take on more?

with the new rule i will reserve Roselia and the Mareep line for you.

can do some of the 4th gen pokemon, ill get started on them right away

You have to let me know which ones if you want them reserved in case anyone post the same pokemon before you.

we don't really know their offical information, how can we invent info when there's not much basis for it to be based upon?

Well you base it on on some fact mixed with fiction. Arcanine Royale explains well. For example with Butterfree's entry i based it on the pokedex entry, any wikipedia information that was worth noting and not in the dex, and based on facts about the Cabbage White butterfly among others. Of course sense is involved to. And i agree with the fourth gen pokemon they should recive a mention but there really is not enough info to go upon, you can always edit your article later.

And You, I really haven't been working on the Ponyta/Rapidash one. But hopefully, I'll get it done this week.

No rush!

so cool pal make one 4

Charizard has been done.

Thanks for participating everyone!

Seijiro Mafuné

Diogomainardista!
Okay, then... can you at least preserve the Kangaskhan and Bellossom files for now? As in, once I finish the ones I have (and if nobody is already working on them), I can work on them?

Also... why the frell are Volbeat and Illumise together? Just because they 'work together'? And... if that is so, I think you'd need to divide it, because, the way it was set up, you'd have to post three instead of two files. Which... well...

Gweh. Brainblast.

you

Barbed
Okay, then... can you at least preserve the Kangaskhan and Bellossom files for now? As in, once I finish the ones I have (and if nobody is already working on them), I can work on them?

If nobody is working on them yes you can work on them.

Also... why the frell are Volbeat and Illumise together? Just because they 'work together'? And... if that is so, I think you'd need to divide it, because, the way it was set up, you'd have to post three instead of two files. Which... well...

because basically Volbeat and Illumise are the same species. Volbeat are 100% male in the wild and illumise are 100% female, thus they are the male and female parts of the species.

you

Barbed
heh heh...was gonna start Fearow today! But i will do Arbok now...hopefully be up later.

ok then, you, i wish to reserve Munchlax, Mime Jr. and Bonsly

EDIT: and porygon and porygon 2

Last edited:

sceptilianmaster

Unconstrained
Fearow (Passer onidoriru)
Height: 3’11” Weight: 83.8 lbs

Fearow is a large avian with a huge wingspan. Fearow often live in alone, unlike their younger form (A young Fearow is often called a Spearow). Fearow do not look after their young as they put them in flocks since birth. It has large wings coloured in shades of brown, an orange coloured crest on its head and a long and narrow beak. It is mainly recognized by its long neck and elongated beak, among other features. The neck and beak are well adapted for Fearow to pluck prey from soil or water. It feeds mainly on small insects and fish, examples being Caterpie and Magikarp.

All the characteristics of Fearow are a vast difference from when it was a Spearow. The most radical change is in its wings. Using its magnificent wings, Fearow can catch air currents and effortlessly glide over long distances. It can keep aloft for as long as a day without having to ever stop for a rest. If a Fearow senses danger, it will immediately rise high into the sky.

With its long beak, Fearow has a surprisingly long range of attack, making it rather dangerous in battle. It can also attack by rising high up in the air, then swooping down to dive bomb its target. Usually, it couples this move by spinning around in midair, diving down on its opponent while impaling its foe with its beak. This move, which has been touted as Fearow’s signature move, has been called a Drill Peck.

Young Fearows are commonly referred to as Spearows. Spearow, in contrast to its adult form, has short and stubby wings. This means that it has to fly fast in order to sty airborne. Therefore, it cannot fly far, neither can it fly high. It mainly feeds on small insects in grassy areas, and often uses its wings to flush the insects out. After doing that, it plucks at the insects with its beak. Not being the strongest of Pokemon, it makes high pitched sounds to scare of other Pokemon and protect its territory.

Despite being one of the weaker Pokemon, Spearow can protect itself well. If threatened and cornered by an enemy, it will still fight back, often calling its flock to help avenge it. It also has great defensive abilities, having the power to use Mirror Move (an attack which sends the opponent’s attack back at the opponent). Spearow have been known to nurse grudges for a long time as well. There has been a real life account by a Pokemon Trainer named Ash Ketchum. The Spearow that he had unwittingly angered came after him as a Fearow when he returned to his hometown a year later.

you

Barbed
quick update:

ok then, you, i wish to reserve Munchlax, Mime Jr. and Bonsly

EDIT: and porygon and porygon 2

If you write about pre evos you must write about the evos too. I will only reserve two pokemon at a time for people. Be careful when writng about Mime Jr./Mr Mime as not much information has been revealed.

I like your style of writing Sceptilianmaster, it works very well! However myself, i am opposed to mentioning names of trainers, like Ash, in entries i prefer to produce the information in a different way. Im in no way telling you not to do this, its of course how you write and in your case it worked relativly well! Keep writing!

you

Barbed
Arbok (Naja abokku)
Height: 11’06’’ Weight: 143.3 lbs

An Arbok is a large reptilian Pokemon usually living to about 40 years with males larger than the females. Arbok have no limbs and move around on their bellies. They are coloured predominantly purple with red, yellow and black markings under their head on their chest which is significantly wider than the body and called a hood. The marking on the hood look like a face, two eyes and a mouth, and the colouration and markings differ slightly from area to area. Arbok’s have large flat heads with large upper and lower fangs. Arbok’s are able to lift about a third of their body off the ground upright into the air. They are extremely poisonous and a bite should be treated immediately. They are also able to “spit” poison barbs and there have even been records of Arbok producing acid.

Arbok and their offspring, referred to as Ekans, are a common sight in fields and plains. They primarily feed on Rattata, Sentret, Poochyena, Zigzagoon as well as their eggs and other small Pokemon. Arbok usually do not make homes for themselves, rather they find an abandoned one, or find an occupied one and feed and then use the Den as a home. Arbok’s are solitary Pokemon and do not share their homes with other Arbok. Arbok have extremely strong muscles in their body and so they use their bodies to first constrict their prey, then administering a poisonous bite. They then wait until their prey is dead or weakened before finishing the job. It is said that an Arbok can “spit” poisonous stings. This is actually a misconception, what is referred to as a sting is actually Arbok’s teeth. An Arbok’s teeth are constantly being replaced and when a tooth is loose enough an Arbok can, with enough force, throw the tooth out of its mouth at an enemy. Arbok’s are also capable of producing acid out of their mouths. The acid is actually stomach acid, however Arbok’s stomach acid is one of the strongest in the world and they are capable of throwing it up when in danger or hunting. An Arbok sheds its skin about once every year. This is because the scales that make up its skin do not stretch and a new skin must be grown when an Arbok grows a certain amount.

A young Arbok is commonly referred to as an Ekans. An Ekans looks much like an Arbok without the hood and its markings as well as being significantly smaller and having a “rattle” the end of its tail which is coloured tan as is it’s under belly. As Ekans are still quite small they tend to eat Pokemon eggs rather than live prey. Arbok’s do not parent their young. Once the eggs have hatched the young Ekans are left to fend for themselves. Ekans are still extremely poisonous and can deliver a deadly bite, however if they have only recently hatched an Ekans has no poison as it is still building an immunity to its own poison and acid as well as still producing the toxins.

Arbok and often Ekans are relatively aggressive. If one should encounter an Arbok avoid looking into its eyes as its gaze can be very transfixing. Because of this ability an Arbok is said to have the ability to paralyze prey with a glare. If an Arbok raises itself off the ground showing off its hood it means it is giving the intruder a warning, Arbok’s prefer to avoid confrontation but are not afraid to defends themselves if needs be.

Moonlight Locust

Wait, am I back? Wow
I'll do teh Wobbuffet and Dugtrio lines. Do you make up the latin names?

Last edited:

General Blaze

Not the face!
Is it possible for you to do a documentry on Blaziken? That would be sweet.

Dr. MECha

Prof. of Pokeology
I got your PokePedia entries right here (although they may conflict with yours).

Species No.: 001
English Name: Bulasaur
Japanese Name: Fushigidane
Avg. Height: 0.7m./2'4"
Avg. Weight: 6.9kg/15.0lb
Info: This pokémon species always born with a bulb-like pouch planted on its back. It is because this species need it for survival. It contains toxic pollen for immobilizing both predators and prey, seeds to drain nutrients from prey that is too large for it to eat, vines to hold or carry objects, razor sharp leaves for defense against predators, and it stores energy from the sunlight so it can go for several days without food. It grow larger as this pokémon grow older, so it'll produce a scent in its pouch to attract prey in case if it too heavy for the pokemon to move around.

Species No.: 002
English Name: Ivysaur
Japanese Name: Fushigisou
Avg. Height: 1m/3'3"
Avg. Weight: 13kg/29.0lb
Info: If a Bulbasaur is unable to lure prey and carry it own bulb-pouch, then it'll have no choice but to evolve into an Ivysaur. During evolution the bulb will blooms into a flower bud, and its trunk and legs became sturdy and thick. Its legs, after the evolution process ends, are so strong that it able to stand up while supporting the bud at the same time. However, due to the fact that the bud still continued to grow even after the evolution process, it'll soon loose it ability to stand on its hind legs. Also the bud will absorb more sunlight than in it's previous form, and use that energy to make the Ivysaur grow stronger.

Species No.: 003
English Name: Venusaur
Japanese Name: Fushigibana
Avg. Height: 2m/ 6'7''
Avg. Weight: 100kg/220.0lb
Info: When the bud is ready to bloom into a flower, its means that Ivysaur is ready to evolve into a Venusaur to support its weight. It moves only on cloudy days to catch prey, or when it was looking for a drink, mainly because on bright and sunny days it stay still to absorb solar energy from its flower. Also the flower's is much stronger than its previous forms, and was very well believe that it soothes the emotions of people around it. It also give an upper advantage when it goes in a battle against an opponent. The flower also attract prey with it's patterns on it's pedals.

I made them about a year ago by combining the moves informations and the pokedex entries of each pokemon. I stop writing these entries due to lack of interest. I hope those make a some what good of a addition to your pokepedia.

you

Barbed
I'll do teh Wobbuffet and Dugtrio lines. Do you make up the latin names?

most of the latin names come from a genus e.g. the cobra genus Naja and then the pokemons name in japanese e.g. abokku Arbok so yes i semi made them up, this is just my method do it any way you like.

Is it possible for you to do a documentry on Blaziken? That would be sweet.

i can do that next, if you are sure you do not want to do it your self.

Status
Not open for further replies.