• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Encyclopaedic Pokemon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace Kenshader

Dreaming sexy
Since helping you finish the encyclopedia was really fun ^^. I would like to reserve three pokemon ^^...hmmmm. How about Vulpix/Ninetails, Ho-oh, and Aggron/Lairon/Aron?

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Gonna pop in real quick and ask to reserve the awesomeness of Lucario, kay?

~Chibi~;249;;rukario;

Swampert_guy

Sweet idea!
Swampert, Amhibios titanus ;260;
4'11" feet tall, 180.6 lbs.
Swampert is a large, human-sized amphibian Pokemon native to swamps worldwide, though many subspecies exist in different habitats. Though it is quite agile on land, it must return to the water every now and then to keep its skin moist. Its pre-evolved forms share this weakness.
Eating: Swampert and its pre-evolutions are detriavores, meaning they pik up whatever's rotting on the ground underwater. Swamperts are highly territorial, and have been known to attack boats that pass through their perceived territory.
Breeding Habits: During a single, short mating season from June to July, Swamperts from any one region of bodies of water gather in a secret location to mate. Males compete for females by ramming into eachother. Directly after mating, the female lays a single, blue football-sized egg with orange spots, and protects it until it hatches.
Young: After the egg hatches, the mother raises the Mudkip until it grows into a Marshtomp, which then wanders of to select its own territory. They then level up until they evolve into Swampert, and are ready to mate.
Family Tree: It is widely accepted by Pokemologists that Swampert is actually a close relative of the Poliwrath/Politoed family, as they share many characteristics, including water-production, motion, and habitat.
Water Production: Swampert's water attacks are actually refined saliva, which it rockets out of its mouth at high pressure as a natural defense mechanism. While Swampert has no natural enemies, this defense is critical to the survival of its preevolved forms, which are hunted by Poochyena, Vulpix, Growlithe, Croconaw, Charmeleon, and many other carnivorous Pokemon.
Shinyness: Swampert, like most other water-type Pokemon, is naturally blue (Not counting its many subspecies). However, like most other shining water Pokemon, its shining form is purple. It is believed most shiny water Pokemon are purple because of a recessive gene inherent in all water Pokemon. This means, apparently, that they all share a common ancestor, somehow.
Subspecies: There are many subspecies of Swampert across the world, specializing in certain habitats. The habits of Arctic Swampert (Amphibios titanus arctos) and the Deep-ocean Swampert (Amphibios titanus mariana) are somewhat different, but they have not yet been fully studied due to their remote locations.

Last edited:
Please could I reserve Garados/magicatp and milotic/feebas

edit. do you think they should have the same genus with magicarp and feebas looking similar?

Draco Malfoy

-REaction
I'll like to reserve Trapinch/Vibrava/Flygon, Cacnea/Cacturne and Skitty/Delcatty. It'll take me a long time to get them done but be assured; THEY WILL BE DONE.

Pink Parka Girl

I wish I could change my username
Since it seems people are all reserving three at once now, I'd like to add Meowth and Persian to my reserves (and I promise, Plusle and Minun will be up soon! :) Just been too busy to finish it up the past few days...), as I've been getting lots of ideas for them :)

Seijiro Mafuné

Diogomainardista!
Chibi Pika, I think it'd be troublesome... oh, and Swampert guy, try to make it... better, will ya? I know I'm not 'you', but I guess someone should at least alert when it's bad.

PDL

disenchanted
since I still have one remaining (Ampharos) I would like to reserve Marowak and Misdreavus please. Unless I have to wait until I'm finished with Ampharos.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Seijiro Mafuné said:
Chibi Pika, I think it'd be troublesome...
Troublesome...because he's not officially released yet? I already wrote it though. =P

Since Lucario's completed, I only have one reserved and that's Rayquaza. I'd like to add Mewtwo as my second. (Why is everyone doing three now? oO)

EDIT: D/P info added!

Lucario (Canis anubis)
Height: 3’11’’ Weight: 119 lbs.

Anatomy

Lucario is a bipedal jackal Pokémon sometimes referred to as the “Guardian of Aura” or the “Wave-Guiding Hero” for its energy-sensory and manipulation. Its structure is vaguely humanoid with a thin waist and large hind legs, much like Blaziken. The skull is unique—its snout protrudes outward from the face, but the mandible only reaches about halfway, resulting in a prominent nose and an almost cat-like jaw structure. The ears are long and delicately controlled by many different muscles. Like humans, it has a rotating shoulder joint, only surrounded by a thick bone cuff. Bone spikes jut out from its wrists and sternum. Like all canines, Lucario walks on its toes. Its thighs muscles are the largest and most powerful in its body, giving it the ability to leap over ten times its height. Lucario is quite colorful, bearing a light-yellow torso, black paws and face, and blue legs, arms, ears, and tail. Most of its fur is very short and coarse, save for the long, silky fur around the neck.

Abilities and Traits

Lucario’s most distinctive trait is its unique sensory organs. On the back of its head, it possesses two pairs of incredibly sensitive nerve bundles commonly referred to as Aura Sensors. They hang limply most of the time and are raised to the side when in use. The Aura Sensors can detect the energy comprising all matter, but are particularly keen at detecting life energy, known as Aura or Wave. In effect, a Lucario can use them to perceive its entire surrounding, even to see things that would normally be far out of its actual vision range. Lucario does not rely on them constantly, however; its other senses are adequate. Its hearing is incredibly acute, its sense of smell is good (although weaker than other canines’), and its eyesight is about the same as a human’s.

Fighting/Steel is Lucario’s official element classification. A great deal of its energy is linked to its muscles, like that of all Fighting Pokémon. Within the Steel type, there are two subtypes: internal and external. External Steel types such as Steelix, Metagross, and Magneton exhibit an organic metal compound in their hides or certain appendages. Internal Steel types such as Lucario, Mawile, and Jirachi have metal-based skeletons. Lucario’s bones are nearly impossible to shatter, but despite this, the skeleton is remarkably light. Most of a Lucario’s body weight is comprised of muscle.
Lucario’s combat skills are breathtaking to witness, yet a rare spectacle, as Lucario can sense danger beforehand, and will usually flee rather than fight. Its Aura Sensors are always active in battle, allowing it to locate its opponent no matter what. With a series of agile leaps and bounds, it evades enemy blows at the last second and doles out powerful kicks before generating a ball of Aura energy within its paws and firing it as a projectile.

Lucario have most often been observed in forested mountainous regions, especially those with a high concentration of energy (with the same unique configuration as Pokémon) in the earth. They are omnivores, feeding both on berries, roots, and small creatures. Lucario are very endurant, and can run for hours on end without tiring. In short bursts, they can sprint at up to 70 mph, making them one of the fastest bipeds in the world. Lucario live They communicate using a number of growls, grunts, and purrs, but there have been accounts of some Lucario actually mastering the Aura enough to project their voice through telepathy.

Social Interaction and Reproduction

Lucario are primarily solitary creatures, and rarely interact with others, even of their own species. Occasionally, male Lucario will scout out the lands surrounding their territory, using Aura to sense if there is a female nearby. Upon encountering, the two spar on and off for days. If the male loses, the female will usually force him out of her territory. However, if the female loses, she allows him to enter it whenever he feels. From that point, the two will have many more battles upon each meeting, only less fierce than the first. After several months of interaction, two will mate.

The female remains in seclusion during the pregnancy, and the male must protect both their territories. After several months, two to three pups are born. Young Lucario are known as Riolu. Their ears are much shorter, and they lack the spikes, arm cuffs, and glossy yellow chest fur of the adults. Nerve bundles hangs from both sides of their face, but they cannot sense Aura, instead having an acute sensitivity to warmth. The parents take turns watching their young and scouting their territory for food. Only upon reaching full maturity do Riolu’s bones harden into steel. At that point, they head off on their own to find their own territory.

After the young leave, the parents separate and stick to their respective territories. Pairs of Lucario mate for life, but only meet up every few years. A pair of Lucario will usually mate up to three times throughout their lives.

Although all Lucario have the ability to use Aura, they are never taught how by their parents, and can rarely master it on their own. Because of this, it used to be quite common for Lucario to come in contact with humans, despite their solitary nature. About one in ten thousand humans possesses the ability to use Aura, although they are never able to unless the trait is realized and honed. This was discovered over a thousand years ago, and for some time, it became quite customary for children with the Aura to be trained by nobles to become knights. Likewise, young Lucario often willingly came into captivity in order to master the Aura by training under human Aura users. Each castle would have at least one Lucario for protection against invasion. This practice ceased around 1750.

~Chibi~;249;;rukario;

Last edited:

~RaikouRider243~

Lightning Swordsman
Think I could work on Raikou, Entei, and Suicune?

Raikou (Panthera raimei)

Typical Height: 6' 3" (Ranges from 5' 4" to 8' 0")
Typical Weight: 392.4 lb (Ranges from 302.2 lb to 525.6 lb)

Raikou is a huge beast somewhat related to the smilodon, bearing significant resemblence in body shape, though typically as tall as a human. Referred to in legends as "The embodiment of the speed of lightning", it holds well to that name. Its body is colored a yellow-orange like many tigers, but there are more differences than similarities. The black, metallic plating on its head acts as a shield against the most sensitive areas on its body, covering its entire face except the eyes. Its whiskers and tail are also metallic. They are a light blue in color, but no one has been able to identify what they are made of. Its tail is thin and the end of it boasts sharp edges resembling an electrical spark, making it double as a blade. Its purple mane doubles as a miniature storm cloud, serving as the main storage area for its electrical energy. Its fangs are very long; they can grow to nearly a foot in length and are sharper than its tail. Its four paws boast very large, razor sharp claws that can be spotted from great distance, which is most unusual among big cats. These claws can tear through nearly anything nonmetallic; they can even tear through bone.

In ancient times, Raikou was believed to be the incarnation of a lightning god. It possessed perfect control over lightning, and could summon a powerful storm wherever it wanted to within seconds, even if there wasn't a cloud in sight. The day the Brass Tower burned to the ground, however, Raikou was killed along with Entei and Suicune. After Lugia fled, a rainbow filled the sky above the ruins, reviving all three of them.

After reaching adulthood, Raikou are very savage hunters. Regardless of the prey they hunt, they are merciless. They typically fire a powerful blast of electricity (estimated to be in the tens to hundreds of thousands of volts) to stun their targets before making the kill. Though they have some of the sharpest claws of any creature, they prefer to attack with electricity. They will hunt just about anything down--if necessary, even humans. Unlike most big cats, they have no need to hide--they have endurance and speed unmatched by any land-bound creature. Scientists estimate Raikou's peak running speed to be between two hundred and three hundred miles per hour. This speed allows it to leap incredible distances and heights.

It is unknown how Raikou reproduce, or how there got to be more than one of them in the first place, but scientists suspect they reproduce like most mammals do. Many attempts have been made to confirm this, but none of them have succeeded; the recording equipment had always been destroyed and the field teams always dead or missing. No one knows the behaviors of cubs nor their survival rate, but scientists suspect the survival rate to be very low. The present speculation is that one parent stands guard in the den, attacking and killing anything within several miles, while the other cares for the cubs. Most of the litter does not survive the first year. Much like Ponyta are raised, the cubs chase after their parents to get faster. This theory explains the steady increase of the population, but a very slow one at that. Because of their savage nature, scientists have been unable to determine how long Raikou live, but they think they live a little longer than humans.

Last edited:

Ace Kenshader

Dreaming sexy
(Why is everyone doing three now? oO)
~Chibi~;249;;rukario;

There does not have to be a limit of how much everyone is doing, like I could do ten at once, and wouldn't mind.

you

Barbed
I reserved all pokemon for those who requested. I decided that since there arent that many people writing articles i would reserve those you requested. However asking to reserve 10 at one time is too much. Be reasonable. It would take you a while to write all 10 and others might have wanted to write an article on one of the other 9 pokemon. So i will not reserve 10 at one time.

do you think they should have the same genus with magicarp and feebas looking similar?

Personally no as Magikarp and Feebas, as well as Gyrados and Milotic look completely different from each other.

Too be honest Swampert_guy, Seijiro Mafuné is right. The entry could have been longer and the information expanded upon. Also the section on "shinyness" should not have been included. It is more a part of the game and this is a place for articles from the point of view from the real world and so thus "leveling up" "evolving" and "shinyness" should typically not be mentioned. However i did like the fact you stated there is more than one species of Swampert and could possibly make a good expansion. Keep some of these points in mind if you write an article in the future.

I was i little wary of your decision of posting an article on Lucario, Chibi Pika, seeing as there is not much information to base the article on. However it turned out very good and perhaps when more information is released you could update it? I loved your explaination on external and internal steel types!! It makes great sense and it even gave me an idea!
I was thinking that i could put this article as well as Pink Parka Girls' Pikachu article as references in the introduction, as well as being in the list. They contain great theories on steel types and evolution stones respectivly and would be great as a reference and idea for other writers writing about steel types or pokemon that evolve with stones. Either that or you could write a short article on steel types, as well as other types perhaps, grass could be interesting, and evolution stones. What do you think of this idea. It would be no means be a "strict follow this theory" article, but more of a guideline for other writers free to use your theories or create their own from your ideas. What do you think?

In general ~RaikouRider243~ your article was good. However i personally dont see how Raikous mane can double as a strom cloud. Perhaps you can expand or explain the theory a little better? I liked it though. Looking forward to the rest!

you

Barbed
Hey i finally got the Blaziken article finished...enjoy..

Blaziken (Gallus Bashamo)
Height: 6’03’’ Weight: 114.6 lbs

Blaziken is a large avian pokemon usually living to around 100 years of age with males being prominently larger than females. They have tomato coloured feathers over the body and face with pearl coloured feathers protruding from the head flowing down to the waist and around and over the chest. The forelimbs have no feathers around the hands and so thus are grey. Towards the bottom of the hind legs the feather colouring turns orange. Blaziken have two horns protruding from the front of the face, above the beak, so that they create a V shape. The horns, while being featherless, are coloured the same tomato red as most of a Blaziken’s other feathers. Female’s horns are significantly smaller. As with most other Pokemon able to produce fire, Blaziken have an internal heat sack which allows them to produce fire from their mouths. Blaziken however are able to divert some of the flow to allow fire to be produced from opening around the wrist and foot.

Blaziken are mostly found on fields and plains and are a ferocious predator. They mainly feed on smaller Pokemon than themselves such as Raticate and Furret, but have even been know to tackle and kill much larger prey such as Scyther and Meganium. Blaziken are omnivores and so they will also quite happily eat certain plants, roots and berries. Blaziken are generally solitary Pokemon. However if there is an abundant food source Blaziken tend to flock together for a time. While hunting Blaziken stalk their prey, getting as close to their prey as possible. They then jump using their incredibly powerful hind legs to jump onto their prey while producing fire from its feet, crushing it if it is much smaller than them. If the prey is larger or equal in size to a Blaziken the Blaziken proceeds to produce fire and attack the target from its back. A Blaziken’s hind legs are exceptionally strong and thus a Blaziken can clear large distances with ease. There are several records of Blaziken clearing several stories height with a single leap. Blaziken also have great upper strength and thus are very able to use their forelimbs for multiple purposes.

During mating Blaziken use the fire produced around their wrists and feet to produce dazzling displays of fire to attract a mate. It is during this time that one is most likely to hear a male Blaziken’s loud mating call. Young Blaziken are commonly referred to as Torchic’s. They share very few similarities with and adult Blaziken. The pearl coloured feathering is missing and they are unable to produce fire from the wrist and foot openings yet. A Torchic’s forelimbs are still underdeveloped and therefore still cannot be used. A Torchic is unable to hunt for itself and so the mother will regurgitate food for the young. However a Torchic is capable of producing short bursts of flames to defend itself. An adult Blaziken female will continue to look after her young until they have matured into to an extent where they are able to fend and hunt for themselves; at this point they are commonly referred to as Combusken. Combusken have gained the upper and lower body strength needed to hunt and fend for themselves and so thus leave their mother and begin leading much more solitary lives. Although a couple of siblings may stick together as Combusken until fully mature. Combusken still have not fully developed the ability to produce fire from their wrist and feet yet. Combusken feed mainly upon young Rattata and Sentret as well as occasionally entering wooded areas to look for Caterpie, Weedle and Wurmple.

Blaziken are reasonable common. However their numbers are declining due to poaching. The feathers of a Blaziken are flame resistant and are often used in high fashion. Blaziken will occasionally attack a human if one wanders close to a nest of Torchic, however most of the time Blaziken are not extremely aggressive unless hunting.

~RaikouRider243~

Lightning Swordsman
However i personally dont see how Raikous mane can double as a strom cloud. Perhaps you can expand or explain the theory a little better? I liked it though. Looking forward to the rest!

Raikou's mane looks like a miniature storm cloud from a distance, and that's where its electricity is stored. However, no one has been able to get close enough to discover it really isn't a "cloud" per say...at least not those among the living have been able to. I designed that section of the article with that in mind. Remember, "legendary" Pokémon are not just rare, but oftentimes savage...and really smart too.

Raikou knows when humans are studying it, and it will respond with lightning strikes nearby as a warning. And don't think people haven't thought of lightningproof uniforms--Raikou tears up the uniform with its claws, then floods the wound/open area with electricity.

I made minor changes to the article but left the vast majority of it unchanged. I also forgot that Raikou prefers to attack with electricity instead of brute force.

------------------

Entei (Panthera pyro)

Typical Height: 6' 11" (Ranges from 5' 6" to 9' 0")
Typical Weight: 436.5 lb (Ranges from 318.1 lb to 645.0 lb)

Entei is a massive beast vaguely resembling a tail-less lion. In legends throughout the world, it is referred to as "The embodiment of the passion of magma." Its fur is light brown in color, and it is very dense, enabling it to survive in even the coldest of climates. Like Raikou, it has a metallic plating on its head, covering its entire face except its eyes and mouth. The plating is a bright yellow on its forehead. Covering the sides of its face are two red plates shaped like four-pointed stars. The rest of its face is covered by a light grey plate shaped like a human moustache; this plate is suspected to be made of a material similar to steel. Its white-as-snow mane floats just above its back, and whips around as if it was running, even if it is standing still and the wind is calm. No one knows what the white wing-shaped spikes on both sides of its back are made of, but most scientists assume they are very hard. There are black cuffs around each of its legs. No one knows the purpose of the cuffs, but scientists believe that they somehow aid Entei when running at high speeds. Exactly how this works remains a complete mystery to this day.

Entei is a bold creature, and will stand up for younger, more helpless species if it sees them being attacked. When looking at the beast, most observers feel a sense of courage, power, and majesty in it. Entei is bold but cautious in front of people. It will let people observe it from a distance, but when the spectators get too close, it will flee.

Entei prefers to use brute force as a weapon instead of its flame breath, but will use the breath weapon when necessary. The fire that it spews from its mouth is not the traditional red variety seen from creatures like Charizard, but instead a much hotter white or blue flame. Entei will hunt mostly large, ground-bound creatures, but will not go terribly far out of its way to make a kill. After spotting its prey, it will immediately take off running, its heavy footsteps sounding like an earthquake. In its hunts, Entei will reach over two hundred miles per hour if necessary to catch up to its prey quickly, then leap up and pounce on its foe. Because it has no claws, it relies almost exclusively on pouncing its prey. For the same reason, Entei hunt mainly in vast plains. Having no claws greatly hampers its agility and ability to move over rough terrain. The spiked wings on its sides are not used for flight, and they are too unwieldy for use when hunting. It is suspected that they are used when battling large opponents.

It is unknown how Entei reproduce, but scientists confirmed that their breeding grounds are inside volcano craters, where no other living thing can survive. The heat and magma do not harm them; they are able to run over molten rock unharmed, as if it were a solid surface. Litters typically range from six to eight cubs, though usually only two to three survive the first year due to the incredible amounts of energy they must contain. The cubs train their running and jumping skills until they are strong enough to make the leap out of the crater and into the world. There have been reports of cubs born without spikes; it is believed that this is due to a recessive gene passed on by the female.

Last edited:

Ace Kenshader

Dreaming sexy
I reserved all pokemon for those who requested. I decided that since there arent that many people writing articles i would reserve those you requested. However asking to reserve 10 at one time is too much. Be reasonable. It would take you a while to write all 10 and others might have wanted to write an article on one of the other 9 pokemon. So i will not reserve 10 at one time.

Hmmm. Maybe there should be a rule of how many one user wants to reserve, like one can only reserve up to 4 pokemon, just a suggestion ^^;

Can I reserve Ho-Oh? ;250;

Sorry to say this Swampert_guy, but it looks like I reserved it first ^^;

you

Barbed
Hmmm. Maybe there should be a rule of how many one user wants to reserve, like one can only reserve up to 4 pokemon, just a suggestion ^^;

Well in fact there are rules on the first page :D They say only 2 reserved at a time. But seeing as there are not so many authors writing i can bend the rules a bit and allow 4 reservations i guess.

Great Entei article ~RaikouRider243~, however i have one thing to point out although its minor:
their breeding grounds are inside volcano craters, where no other living thing can survive.

If i remember right Magmar can survive in volcanoes.

Good job, looking forward to suicune.

Last edited:

PDL

disenchanted
I'm kinda having problems with a tiny portion of the Blazkien article...

it mentioned that it can live for 100 years... I find this very hard to believe since chickens usually only live for around 15 years or so.

and has anyone actually look at the nice link to the english to latin dictionary I found? I'm sure it would be helpful for pokemon that aren't based on an animal or plant.

Pink Parka Girl

I wish I could change my username
and has anyone actually look at the nice link to the english to latin dictionary I found? I'm sure it would be helpful for pokemon that aren't based on an animal or plant.

I have been using one :) They are helpful, epsecially since I don't just use the Japanese name for species, but prefer to come up with my own designations.

Anyway, Plusle and Minun are finally here! And since we can reserve four pokemon now, I'd like to add Absol and Growlithe ^_^

Edited to Add: Also, you, if you want me to, I can try to prepare an article on the evoluton stones themselves and why certain species of pokémon react to them (since you seem to like my theories on the matter *blushes*)

The California plusle (Spermophilus suscipio rufus)
The California minun (Spermophilus suscipio caeruleus)

Quick Summary

Order: Rodentia
Family: Sciuridae
Length: Head and body, 16 in. Tail, 2-3 in.
Weight: 6-9 lbs.
Sexual Maturity: 6-8 months
Average Incubation: 30-40 days
No. of Young: 1-8, usually 4-6.
Habit: Dinural
Diet: Nuts, seeds, fruit, eggs, baby birds, occasionally baby mammals
Lifespan: 7-12 years in the wild, 16-18 years in captivity.

The California plusle and minun, two distinct subspecies of the extinct S. suscipio, are common, well-known American pokémon, ranging from the Baja California peninsula up through Washington state. Their ears are almost as long as their entire bodies, at fourteen inches; which they almost always keep pricked at about a seventy-five degree angle. Unlike the arboreal sciurids, their tails are very short, and it is in the shape of the tails, along with their charges and coloration, where the two species mainly differ. The California plusle’s tail, instead of ending in a horizontal fur plume as does the minun’s, ends instead in a shamrock shaped one; the plumes are heat retentive and are used in an interesting manner, which will be described below. The plumes can be bent out of shape as the animals travel; at the end of each day, it will instinctively groom them back into position. The hind paws are slightly larger than the forepaws, with each toe bearing sharp, slightly curved claws that assist them in climbing, which they will occasionally do. The main fur color of both species is a very pale tawny yellow, although the ears, forepaws and tail plumes are a reddish brown on the plusle and a rich blue on the minun.

Habits

The California plusle and minun can be found in most any wide open area – lawns, parks, prairies - except deserts, to which they are not adapted. Ground-dwelling, they live in burrows, which they dig themselves. These burrows are uncomplicated affairs for both species – a simple tunnel with a main entrance, a hollow space about three feet square for sleeping, and a concealed back entrance. Homebodies, they rarely travel more than a quarter mile from their burrows, unless their searches for food demand such. Those dwelling close to human areas will often lose their fear, and can grow daring in their raids of birdfeeders, gardens and trash cans.

They are hunted by a huge variety of predators – pidgeot, swellow, furret, vulpix, skarmory, sneasel, and most commonly arbok and seviper. As they are so often hunted by these snakes, they developed a unique adaptation – their tail plumes. The plumes’ long fur retain heat exceptionally well, allowing them to emit large amount of infra-red radiation from the rear of their bodies. As both arbok and seviper hunt by detecting this radiation through their pit organs, the large amounts emanating from the backs of the sciurids can cause the reptiles to misjudge their strikes, letting the rodents escape to safety. Females of both species raising litters will also chew shed arbok and seviper skins and lick the pulp onto their kittens to disguise their scent.

The Spermophilus genus – which contains all species of plusle and minun – are unique among sciurids in that they will mate for life. This behavior likely lead to the evolution of their incredible pair rituals, which will be discussed later.

Food and Feeding

Like all other sciurids, the California plusle and minun will eat a variety of seeds, fruits, nuts, flower bulbs, bark and mushrooms, along with insects, eggs, and young birds and mammals. They also have a taste for garbage, but will pass over red meat and anything spoiled to the point of mold.

Excess nuts and seeds will be stored in their burrows in the colder regions of their range, as they do not hibernate.

Ritual and Social Behavior

The species designation, suscipio, means “supportive” in Latin, which these creatures undoubtedly are. Their remarkable teamwork and friendliness to each other, although they do not live communally, and total lack of territorial aggressiveness so common in pikachu and pachirusu, has led to much scientific observation and study.

When a kitten is attacked by a predator, the parents will rush to the scene, where one, generally the female, will hang back. As the attacking parent will lash out at the enemy, with electricity, biting, and scratching, the other will perform an elaborate ritual, leaping and scattering sparks from all over its body. By shorting out its body like this, it manages to release a large amount of pheromones into the air, which will invigorate the strength of its mate and allow it to fight with far greater strength than it could possess alone. Even unrelated plusle or minun will help one another thusly if they see another of either species in battle. As they also commonly interbreed and intermate, their helping of even unrelated members of their races could be theorized to be a highly unique survival instinct to insure enough available mates, or keeping mates alive to produce more kittens.

Breeding

California plusle and minun have two breeding seasons, one from late winter to the early spring, and the other from mid to late summer. The females are only in estrus for one day – those who are mateless will gather together, and wait for the males. Once the males arrive, they will compete among each other to win a female, generally by trying to produce the brightest electrical displays. Six to seven days after mating, the female will lay a clutch of one to eight brown and white mottled eggs, which are roughly two and a half inches in size. After around forty days of incubation, during which the mother will not leave the eggs, living only on food brought to her by her mate and water she licks from off her mate’s paws, the kittens will hatch. Like other sciurids, baby California plusle and minun are born fully furred, with fully formed teeth and claws, but are blind, deaf and otherwise helpless. Although they mate for life, the male will not stay near the female when the kittens are newly hatched, but will retreat to a temporary burrow until kittens are ready to venture out for the first time. At eight to ten weeks of age, the kittens will leave the burrow and dig their own, generally about a quarter mile away from their parent’s.

Last edited:

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
it mentioned that it can live for 100 years... I find this very hard to believe since chickens usually only live for around 15 years or so.
Yeah, but it seems likely that most Pokemon would like much longer than their animal counterparts. Particularly bug types.

Pink Parka Girl, could you tell me what you're gonna have Mew's genus and species be, cause I want to make Mewtwo's the same when I do him (only with an extra subspecies name on the end or something.)

~Chibi~;249;;rukario;

Status
Not open for further replies.