• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

End of Best Wishes discussion/speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
Why would you think that? Ash is probably going to spend no more than 1 or 2 episodes at Pallet. And Misty wasn't there the last two times he returned to Pallet and I doubt Gary will be either.

The writers are gearing up for another new generation, I doubt we're going to see anyone from the past just before.

Character replacement thread causes tension among members of the fandom*. This is why I put the rule of past main characters appearing not being discussed. You two are discussing that, remember.

You are not getting what I mean. As a warning this is an explanation and I'm not going on with the discussion. I was not talking about character replacement but something like a cameo (such as what we got in the last episode or so of AG when Ash returned to Pallet Town). Anyway I see you don't want anything related to it despite Tracey so never mind.

UbersSuck20

#FreeGenesect
Misty might be there XD
tbh the most likely traveling companion to be in Pallet Town would be Brock, but I don't think he'll be there.

Actually he and Ash could meet in Pewter City since Ash will probably dock in Vermillion when he reaches Kanto. And the fastest way to reach Pallet Town is through Saffron City, Cerulean (where he could meet Misty), Pewter and finally Viridian.

I think Clair will show up on August 1st and leave on August 15th and I don't think Kyurem will appear in Da!. After that, Iris could leave on something like September 17th and Cilan could stay with him, or go to Kalos with his brothers and meet Ash there. And then, a reunion in Pallet Town with at least Ash's old Pokemon, Tracey, his mom and Oak.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
He got a cameo in BW though. He got like at least 3 flashbacks.

Flashbacks aren't anything special. They were mostly about pokemon anyway, so it doesn't matter. Besides, there is enough new characters they could use for XY and he really doesn't need a another cameo seeing he already had flashbacks. I was bored with Cilan and I don't want to be bored with Brock again either. Oshawott has enough Brock-like crap for all.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Is anyone going to miss this series at all? I mean I liked Cilan and early BW Iris and some parts of it, but most of it was just really forgettable.

Is anyone going to miss this series at all? I mean I liked Cilan and early BW Iris and some parts of it, but most of it was just really forgettable.

I'm in the minority on this but yes, I actually will miss this season. Iris and Cilan aren't my favorite traveling companions but I will still miss them and enjoyed their roles on the show. Some of Ash's Pokémon I will miss like Oshawott, Krookodile, Scraggy, etc. I will DEFINITELY miss BW TR since we may never see them again. Some of the rivals and Don Tournaments I will miss. So yeah, I actually will miss this season.

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue

I don't think I will ever miss Best Wishes. I mean I liked BW1 and I was expecting it to be amazing but at some point it started to lack interest to me. Anyway I'm looking forward to its ending not because I don't like it but because I'm curious to see what's gonna happen to the characters.

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
I won't miss it. As many have, including myself, have said before, Best Wishes started off great. The first fifty episodes were very good. It's just when you get to Elesa's gym and everything after that goes downhill, particularly the Roxie battle and the Pokémon World Tournament Junior Cup all culminating in the Unova League. I think that Best Wishes (the whole thing) will be seen as one of the weakest sagas in Pokémon. It had so much potential that all went to waste.

Colton S

Beware Bewear
I will not miss it because I really didn't watch this season, but if I did, I would miss it. I grow too attached to every character in every season. I am very emotional so I cry every time a season ends.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I don't think I will ever miss Best Wishes. I mean I liked BW1 and I was expecting it to be amazing but at some point it started to lack interest to me. Anyway I'm looking forward to its ending not because I don't like it but because I'm curious to see what's gonna happen to the characters.

I agree, the start of BW was good if you ignore Ash being reset and Trip being a poor rival. But it just got worse from there.

adamfitz

poké-lover
I will not miss it because I really didn't watch this season, but if I did, I would miss it. I grow too attached to every character in every season. I am very emotional so I cry every time a season ends.

I'm the same hahaha
The worst for my was when dawn left
It was even worse then when misty and Brock left and that was hard to beat
Personally I think dawn was a great character and I could really connect to her
Iris and cilan not so much, it won't be near as sad as the ending of gen4
Personally I think they should learn for their mistakes in gen5
And just pick out the best bits of past sagas

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
I will miss the first 20-30ish episodes and probably some of the latest episodes, which were quite good, but other than that here's what I have to say: "Good riddance. Now for the XY anime!".

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
I'll only miss some of the early good filler episodes, the rivals like stephan-georgia-cabernet-etc., and the mini tournaments.

NPT

Just a member
I'll only miss Cilan and the BW TRio, other than that ....... goodbye BW, hello XY.

I think Iris and Cilan will leave in the same episode, that's what that Sayonara pic implies anyway.

as long as one of them doesn't get shafted in favour of the other id be ok with them leaving together.

unless of course one of them comes back in xy.

Last edited:

k6666

Pikachu Fan
i'll totally miss BW series :) horay for the minority

Eneci

FrogadierMasterLucas
BW was great till ep 50. Honestly great and gym battles 5,6 and 7 were good aswell. Gym battles 4 and 8 disaster to much Pika focus(not that it doesn't deserves it but come on!)

The league and this DA are the bad thing. Everything more or less was GREAT!

For the ending I would love 1-2 Axew development episodes. And some good battles. COME ON WRITERS IT'S POKEMON IT'S ABOUT THEM BATTELING AND BEING BETTER. And Ash didn't have a "decent" fight since the Osha ep.

Matsuyamakun

I will miss Mijumaru, Zuruggu for being funny and Krokodile.Cilan was a great character too, sadly he didn't get any development except one episode.(There was an episode Cilan challenging against another A Class Sommelier).
Same for Ash's BW pokemons.Most of them didn't evolve or they lost badly in league.I am very disappointed Ash got nothing in BW.Possibly he won't get anything at the end of BW.Ash was a good trainer in AG and DP.He lost to noob trainers in BW.Ash wasn't even sad when he lost Unova League.(Look at Ash's face while watching Kotetsu vs Virgil match).
I still hope Kibago and Zuruggu evolve at Sayanora episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.