• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

End Of Pokemon?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alzatia

Incarnati0n

Just as planned.
Yeah ok, it's an old rumor, but it's getting more logic after every season. People will get bored of Ash somehow. Personally, I'm already sick of pikachu. Yeah, he's cute, but I liked the original, fat and silly pikachu way better then the new athletic cool one. Bottle of tomato ketchup anyone?

In conclusion: I don't know. Personally I wouldn't mind a new main char, but it all depends on the mass.

Alzatia

Yeah ok, it's an old rumor, but it's getting more logic after every season. People will get bored of Ash somehow. Personally, I'm already sick of pikachu. Yeah, he's cute, but I liked the original, fat and silly pikachu way better then the new athletic cool one. Bottle of tomato ketchup anyone?

In conclusion: I don't know. Personally I wouldn't mind a new main char, but it all depends on the mass.

Actually...on the contrary, other game heroes are getting less and less screentime in the anime as the generations pass. Kenta had a special, Yuuki has two cameos and Kouki had his clothes taken. XD

But seriously thou. Right NOW it can go either way. And, yay! Someone else who like Ketchup!Pikachu.

I won't say i want a new main character. I just want to wait and see. =D

dman_dustin

I'd rather have an experienced trainer who loses on occasion, than a new trainer who will lose constantly.

Alzatia

Actually...on the contrary, other game heroes are getting less and less screentime in the anime as the generations pass. Kenta had a special, Yuuki has two cameos and Kouki had his clothes taken. XD

But seriously thou. Right NOW it can go either way. And, yay! Someone else who like Ketchup!Pikachu.

I won't say i want a new main character. I just want to wait and see. =D

Ash and Brock should retire already. They are getting old you know. It seems like Ash keeps losing in each leauge.

BCVM22

Ash and Brock should retire already. They are getting old you know. It seems like Ash keeps losing in each leauge.

Ash and Brock are fictional characters. They are the creations of writers and artists. The writers and artists do what their collective superiors (that's the producers, the executive producers, the Nintendo staff that supervise/consult on the show, etc) tell them to. Their collective superiors have absolutely no goddamn reason to even consider ending the show. As such, in logical sequence, I submit that:

- The collective superiors will not be instructing the writers and artists to "make Ash and Brock retire" or take any other action involved with ending the show
- The writers and artists will not write or draw "Ash and Brock retiring" or any other scenarios, dialogue or images involved with ending the show
- Ash and Brock, therefore, will not "retire" or engage in any other actions or dialogue involved with ending the show

I also submit that you are a total clod with a very tenuous grip on reality and what is fact, but I don't need to write a detailed logical sequence in support of this because the evidence is abundant.

Kirades

This description from Pokemonopolis sums up my thoughts about Ash.

Ash Ketchum has come a long way, but he really hasn't gotten anywhere.

We were first introduced to Ash Ketchum in the very first episode of Pokemon, which seemed appropriate given he is the show's main character. He proclaimed to the world that he was Ash Ketchum, and that he WAS going to become a Pokemon Master. Well that is all well and good, but we as viewers soon came to realise something about Ash, something a little different to most main characters in cartoons.

Ash is an idiot.

From the very first episode we seem him approach life in his ***-backwards fashion. On his tenth birthday he is finally old enough to get a Pokemon license but he shows up to local expert Professor Oak's place too late to pick one of the usual three Pokemon starters - Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle. He also fails to get dressed (showing up to Oak's in his pyjamas), fails to connect with his Pokemon - Pikachu - and fails to get away without being humiliated by his hated rival, Gary. But we also learn something else about Ash, something that ensures someone as stupid as him could make it to his tenth birthday without choking to death on a plastic bag.

Ash is incredibly lucky.

Shipped off into the world by his mother with nothing but a clean change of underwear and a reluctant yellow rat, Ash should have shown up back in town floating facedown in the river by the end of the day. Instead he manages to - despite pissing off a swarm of Spearow - form a friendship with Pikachu that will last through the entire run of the series. Within a few episodes he has made friends with a fiery redhead called Misty despite destroying her bike and met a new mother-figure in Brock, who leaves his extended family in the care of his crack addict father to follow a ten year old boy around the world.

With dogged, unrelenting and mindless obsession Ash pursues his goal of becoming a Pokemon Master by competing about Gym Leaders for the eight badges that will gain him entry into the Indigo League Tournament, which is the most prestigious Pokemon Tournament in the world. Somehow he succeeds, despite an amazing level of stupidity that sees him fail to realise that there is a reason why is mother is always hanging around with Professor Oak. He defeats Gym Leader after Gym Leader, gains new Pokemon (including the earlier mentioned Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle) and somehow finds his way to the Indigo League.

That is where it all goes pear-shaped.

After what must have been months of struggle against other trainers, Pokemon Gym Leaders, Team Rocket and deadly Pokemon.... Ash reaches the Indigo League and he loses! That by itself is forgiveable and in fact understandable. He's a young brash Trainer with little experience and it stands to reason there would be better, more experienced Trainers who would thrast him. Except that Ash wasn't beaten by any of those.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Ash's character does do better each region though. There has been a noticeable difference in his battle style from Kanto to Hoenn and to Sinnoh.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
At the very least, he's somewhat matured between Kantou and Shin'ou. Though he is still young, so...

Well he really isn't so much a moron anymore. I actually rewatched some Kanto episodes lately and it surprised me how different he was. I was too used to AG and D/P Ash, that going back to newbie Kanto Ash was quite a difference.

I kind of forgot how funny and stupid he was back then. He would always do something so ridiculous back then that you could laugh at....he doesn't do that stuff anymore.

Ah, Kanto Ash brings back some funny memories, but it does go to show you how different he is now.

TheHolyShoe

Well he really isn't so much a moron anymore. I actually rewatched some Kanto episodes lately and it surprised me how different he was. I was too used to AG and D/P Ash, that going back to newbie Kanto Ash was quite a difference.

I kind of forgot how funny and stupid he was back then. He would always do something so ridiculous back then that you could laugh at....he doesn't do that stuff anymore.

Ah, Kanto Ash brings back some funny memories, but it does go to show you how different he is now.

It does bring back some memories. Newbie Satoshi was completely pathetic. And, you know, rewatching Jouto... if there's one thing the Jouto saga has going for it. it's that Satoshi really began to mature then. Sure, there was over emphasis on the Kanto pokes, but Satoshi the person and the trainer had really matured by the Silver Conference.

I've recently been hearing rumors that now that the Pokemon League Champion Cynthia (Shirona in Japan) has been introduced that Nintendo are planning to end the anime after Ash Defeats Cynthia (as if..) at the Sinnoh League does anyone know if this true?!?

As long as people watch the crap, buy the games, and beg their parents for the toys, It will always continue.
If you'd step out into the real world you'd realize that by now.
Ie Transformers.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
As long as people watch the crap, buy the games, and beg their parents for the toys, It will always continue.
If you'd step out into the real world you'd realize that by now.
Ie Transformers.

Albeit a tad... realist, he's right. As long as they can make a ton of sales, Pokemon will continue.

I guess you all know how much money Pokemon is making for Nintendo. Under 50 million units and it will catch up to Mario.

That's Mario people.

They are not going to stop the Anime anytime soon. It has the potential to be a never ending story and Nintendo will keep it like that for a while yet. If something ain't broken (rating wise), why cancel it?

Dusk

Dawn

Quoted for truth.

Remember the Pikachu vs. Cubone battle? That was absolutely pathetic compared to all the strategies he uses in battles now

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Well he really isn't so much a moron anymore.
(...)

Movie 10 Ash couldn't figure out what you multiplied 10 by to get 100. He's not THAT different.

K-flygon

If they are going to end this anime....its going to be with ashes victory in a pokemon league..now we never know when that will happen , in what region or in what generatoin of pokemon...it just will..i am pretty sure that they whont end it with cynthia tho..

Status
Not open for further replies.