• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Endgame - An OU Smashpass team

Klaus™

Banned
Endgame
Endgame+High+quality+PNG.png

After listening to Rise Against's "Endgame" album, (for like, a week straight), I decided to get off my *** and make a new team. Sadly, I failed hard, and was in a major slump. I decided that I might as well revamp my old teams a bit, since they had genesect in them. I decided on a very fun team to remake, this team to be exact, and i just went from there. The old team was really fun, because it was just so offensive it couldnt really be broken through by anything. But it had genesect, and that needed to go (ban and all). So, I tried many things in place of it, from breloom, to keldeo, even wobuffet, but finally settled on the star, smeargle.

And I listened to this while typing this up. :'( nostalgia....

In-Depth Sets
385.gif
235.gif
445.gif
642-therian.gif
639.gif
230.gif

Make no mistake, we are not afraid
To bear the burden of repeating
What they're thinking anyway.
Let's raise the stakes
On the bet we made.
Let's decide to be the architects,
The masters of our fate.

385.gif
Jirachi @Leftovers
- Serene grace -
Jolly
252 hp/160 SpD/96 Speed
- Iron Head
- Thunder Wave
- Ice Punch
- Fire Punch

This beauty has saved me multiple times, and words cannot express how much i love this set. It's just that good. Jirachi helps keep random threats down, by pralyzing them as they set-up and crippling them for the rest of the match. Threats such as volcarona, Dragonite, and gyarados all fall before its mighty thunder wave. Just to show some calcs, as this thing is uber bulky, max SpA volcarona fails to ohko with life orb fiery dance. It does 69-81% from it, ample time to paralyze if i need to. Anyway, the evs are a gift from our jesus-loving, Bible-thumping neighbor, everyone's favorite, jesusfreak! Jirachi only needs a minimum of 20 evs to outspeed all magnezone, which is far more common than your jolly ddance tyranitar. Stealth rock is an essential move to help score the 1-2hkoes this team needs, and is just good in general at warding off volcarona, gyarados, and is excellent at stopping sun teams and taking out dragonite's multiscale. Iron head works great with thunder wave, as you can just flinch hax your way to victory, especially if youre a terribad battler. Fire punch is the preferred move of choice, to nail ferrothorn, scizor, and forretress, but its just so weak (it only does 35-41% on max SpD Forry!) that i feel ice punch might be a better choice to actually do something when I paralyze their dragonite or salamence, and it can nail incoming landorus and garchomp., pulling a little bit of pressure off of rotom-w. The main thing I need to watch out for is burns from scald, as that really cripples it to death.

Bang, bang from the closet walls,
The schoolhouse halls,
The shotgun's loaded.
Push me and I'll push back.
I'm done asking, I demand.
From a nation under God,
I feel its love like a cattle prod.
Born free, but still they hate.
Born me, no I can't change.

642-therian.gif
Thunderus-T @Life Orb
- Volt Absorb -
Timid
252 SpA/ 4 SpD/ 252 speed
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- HP Ice
- Grass Knot

This guy is usually my go-to reciever of the almighty smeargle smashpass. Timid + max speed allows him to speed tie with other thunderus-t, and outspeed anything below, bar scarvers, but i might go modest as the +2 really makes a difference in outspeeding everything. More power would be good, to possibly score a clean ohko on something new, lol. This set used to have nasty plot in it, but the smash is usually much better and allows for more freedom in moves than just three slots. Now, i use focus blast, to score the clean ohko on heatran who might roar me out or lava plume and weaken me. Thunderbolt is for STAB purposes, and is Thunderus' main tool against the opponent, as at +2, it pretty much ohkoes everything in existence. HP ice is there for coverage purposes, as well as for taking out opposing ground types that can't be paralyzed by jirachi, or for taking out things like garchomp, landorus, etc. It also takes care of opposing Thunderus-t. Grass knot takes care of gastrodon, who is a pretty big threat in walling this team cold, as its just so bulky. 4 SpD evs allow him to lose just one less hp ev on sr switchins. I am wondering though if nasty plot might be good for thunderus, as I dont always get the +2/+2 passed on, and otherwise i have no real set-up sweepers. another option would be substitute, to protect against status, but i don't see that working because of LO recoil and possible sand damage. Thunderus-t's lifespan is pretty short haha.

"You're a shameful opportunist!
What you don't understand is that it's better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
"You had it backwards.
It's better to live on your feet than to die on your knees."

235.gif
Smeargle @Focus Sash
- Own Tempo -
Timid
80 HP / 96 Def / 80 SpD / 252 Spe
- Baton Pass
- Shell Smash
- Magic Coat
- Spore

As I said before, this guy is the star on the team, hands down. It's so much fun to just shell smash, sash activates, then spore and get a free switch into a boss reciever. Anyway, smeargle is pretty self-explanatory, but I'm going to attempt it anyway. Now, because smeargle has pretty weird stats, 80/96/80 kinda balances them out, and surprisingly allows it to take unboosted attacks(some of them haha). Max speed allows it to be fairly fast, but base 75 speed isn't that good anyway. focus sash allows it to almost always get off a shell smash/spore. Unless facing sandstorm teams, and in that case i lead with either rotom-w, terrakion, or jirachi, depending on their team (tyranitar, hippowdon, celebi). Own tempo is best ability, as it allows it to not be confused by random fusehax, such as water pulse from cmrachi. Shell smash is the main crux of the set, to pass on to garchomp(outrage spam), or thundurus/terrakion that +2/+2 boost. Spore is great, as due to the sleep mechanics, their pokemon is prett much out for the rest of the game (unless i get really unlucky with that 1-turn sleep). Magic coat is extremely beneficial, and i chose it over taunt for sheer utility. It always lets me beat breloom, by sporing it first, and is great in a metagame filled with deoxys-d.

Like a new day rising
Like a calm before the storm
Like fog lifting from valleys
On a sleeping forest floor
Eyes open slowly as the dust is shaken off
To gaze upon the wreckage
That the midnight hands have wrought[/i]

639.gif
Terrakion @Focus Sash
- Justified -
Jolly
4 hp/ 252 atk/ 252 Speed
- Close combat
- Stone edge
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

My lead most of the time, terrakion really helps with always getting the rocks up, and with a sash, helps to take out some threats first. Taunt helps to shut most things down, such as ferrothorn, tentacruel, skarmory, all three some good terrrakion counters(well, except for ferro). It also shuts don deoxys-d, but I have to watch out for psycho boost variants. Like I said, rocks are almost always up, which helps me bring down dragonite, volcarona, sun teams, etc. and as a terrakion, he always forces a switch,, unless its like, scizor or something. close combat and stone edge are the two STABs of choice, to help wreak havoc on the field, and to help bring down some pogeys who are weakened. Max Attack and max speed allow it to get that rock up as fast as possible, and allow it to attack as fast and har as possible as well.

Afraid, we cower
To interests not our own
The power to free or to control
We let it slip through
Our fingers to the floor
Watch as the bodies wash ashore
Whoah...
Nobody lives here anymore

445.gif
Garchomp @Choice Scarf
- Rough Skin -
Jolly
252 Atk/ 4 SpA/ 252 Speed
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Fire blast
- Outrage

Possibly the best scarfed pokemon in the game, this also happens to be a third possible bp reciever. Well, late-game at least. After all the opponent's steels are gone, just pass and outrge to your heart's content. Choice scarf allows it to outspeed most of the metagame bar scarfmuketeers and scarflatios. and other random scarfers that no one uses such as scarfjolt, or scarfgar. Anyway, this thing is fast. It allos me to check most +1 ddancers, besides ddance latios(yes, i've seen and used it before and it work), and ko them before they ko me. Max attack and max, positive natured speed allow it to hit as hard and fast as possible, while jolly allows me to not get rid of any SpD or def. And besides, neutral fire blast doesn't ko ferrothorn anyway, so it doesnt matter. Earthquake and outrage are my main moves of choice, wth everything else just being filler. Earthquake grants me some coverage against sand and sun teams, while outrage spam can't go wrong against everything else. Fire blast, like stated, is for things like ferro, forry, and scizor, all who arent ohkoed by earthquake. Stone edge allows me to hit something else, like volcarona, who isnt guaranteed the ohko unless stealth rock is up( using outrage ofc. its a ohko with stone edge, lol).

I have my mother's dreams,
I have my father's eyes,
You can't take that from me,
Just go ahead and try.
The crescent city sleeps,
While giants in the sky,
Preparing to unleash,
Let loose a mighty cry.

230.gif
Kingdra @Life Orb
- Swift Swim -
Modest
40 HP/ 240 SpA/ 228 Speed
- Hydro Pump
- Rain Dance
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse

This pokemon, suggested by prominent member Jimbon, helps me with rain and sand teams alike. Teams with Drizzletoed think twice before activating rain, and I can kill off their sand starter and start my own rain, thus helping to preserve the sash on smeargle. This little beauty also helps me out by being just another potential reciever to the baton pass, which is excellent in sweeping late game. STAB hydro pump 2hkoes everything in rain, including ferrothorn, as long as it has prior damage. This is with a +2 boost. That's insane. Now, 228 evs leave me able to outrun Choice Scarf Latios in the rain and Jolly Breloom, Adamant Dragonite, and Adamant Gyarados outside of it. 40 hp evs are optimal in conjunction with LO, and the rest is poured into SpA to get the most out of kingdra. Hydro Pump is the main STAB of choice, allowing it to 2hko almost everything in rain. Rain Dance is essential, getting rid of opposing weather, as well as doubling kingdra's speed. Dragon Pulse and Draco Meteor are used for power and more power, as wall breaking early game, or sweeping late game when I don't want to rely on hydro pump.

240SpAtk Life Orb +2 Sniper Kingdra (+SAtk) Hydro Pump in Rain vs 0HP/252SpDef Leftovers Blissey (+SpDef): 59% - 70% (390 - 459 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.
240SpAtk Life Orb +2 Sniper Kingdra (+SAtk) Hydro Pump in Rain vs 252HP/252SpDef Leftovers Ferrothorn (+SpDef): 61% - 72% (216 - 255 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.
240SpAtk Life Orb +2 Sniper Kingdra (+SAtk) Hydro Pump in Rain vs 252HP/252SpDef Leftovers Chansey (+SpDef): 66% - 77% (465 - 549 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.

Threats

So Far, I've only really seen a few major threats to which I need to sacrifice or just can't play through. Also, one minor threat, but it can be dealt with.

248.gif
450f.gif
- Its not the pokemon itself, but the sandstorm it brings with it, as it breaks the sash on smeargle and pretty much leaves me unable to smashpass.

385.gif
- Omg, i hate this thing, but luckily its only the SubMind sets that give me trouble. well, not luckily....If it gets behind a sub(which it always does, as I expect a regular SpD rachi and try and t-wave/spore it), then im petty much screwed.

647-resolution.gif
- This thing....Like SubCM rachi, its hard for me to beat it, especially if it snatched a boost. only real checks are garchomp, and rotom-w.

639.gif
- Only scarfterras give me a spot of trouble, but I can usually take it down with garchomp/rotom-w.

Tha's It! I might post some logs on here later of me using this team, but this team got me to ~1700 on PS!, which is fairly good for me, but then again, ladder ranks don't really mean anything.​

Last edited:

Ryan7437

Banned
Wow. *clap clap clap* I love this team. I think it is great.

Usatoday

Eternal God
umm well you know my hatred for *****gle or wait smeargle but the team itself is solid but the team needs a stealth rocker so maybe the focus sash lead terrakion with rocks

Ghosts of the Forums

Who Ya Gonna Call?
how about a chesto rest rotom?

im rushed to go, ill finish up later.

SkyDriver

Hiding in the grass
Endgame <3

Why exactly do you use Smeargle as Smashpasser? It's rather slow, frail, priotity kills it, and it can't set up without the sash. You may like Gorebyss better, for its better bulk, ability to use White Herb, and act as a last-chance late-game sweeper. Also beats most sandteam threats after the smash by itself.

Naive on Garchomp for that bit more powerful FBlasts.

SubCM rachi is mainly used on Rain teams, so you should be able to counter it, when you know they use it. Give Terrakion EQ to deal with them, if they pose that big a threat.

Leftovers on Thundy-T for not bringing itself in KO range from random Ice Shards.

Hope this helps somewhat ;) Just had to rate this one.

Ninja Dewott

Ice Cold Fire
If you're having problems with Sandstorm, then just stick a Politoed on your team. It'd help with Thundurus, as it can run Thunder, and it helps against Sun too :)

Smeargle has its advantages over Gorebyss, but, unless you're having real problems with Deo-D and Breloom, then I'd go with Gorebyss.

loco1234

BEEDOOBEEDOOBEEDOO
What, no Broken Mirrors reference? Haha, just kidding. Endgame is quite possibly my favorite album ever. I can give you the lyrics to just about every song on it off the top of my head, except maybe Wait For Me and This is Letting Go xD

I also kinda agree with Gorebyss over Smeargle, I've had considerably more success with SmashPassing off Gorebyss than I have with Smeargle. Priority or Magic Coat/Bounce would always screw me. This was, however, back when Magic Bounce Espeon first became legal in standard OU and not too many people knew that Espy had it, or so it seemed to me.

Klaus™

Banned
Skydriver said:
Why exactly do you use Smeargle as Smashpasser? It's rather slow, frail, priotity kills it, and it can't set up without the sash. You may like Gorebyss better, for its better bulk, ability to use White Herb, and act as a last-chance late-game sweeper. Also beats most sandteam threats after the smash by itself.
well, the spore and magic coat utility really helps in getting rid of random threats, as even on a sand team, i can just spore something and die. magic coat helps keep hazards off my field, and can keep ddgyara from boosting/whatever if it runs taunt. also helps a lot against any taunt user i general, like keeping sableye away.

Naive on Garchomp for that bit more powerful FBlasts
no, because garchomp needs that defense to take some hits so it can retaliate. neutral fb doesnt ohko-2hko anyhing better that dropped cant.
SubCM rachi is mainly used on Rain teams, so you should be able to counter it, when you know they use it. Give Terrakion EQ to deal with them, if they pose that big a threat.
Well, right now, im trying out focus sash lead terra, and rain dance kingdra, so we'll see if that helps ease my team a little bit.

Leftovers on Thundy-T for not bringing itself in KO range from random Ice Shards.
well, with rocks up, everything ohkoes anyway, besides donphan, who still kills me due to sturdy.
Hope this helps somewhat Just had to rate this one.

What, no Broken Mirrors reference? Haha, just kidding. Endgame is quite possibly my favorite album ever. I can give you the lyrics to just about every song on it off the top of my head, except maybe Wait For Me and This is Letting Go xD

I also kinda agree with Gorebyss over Smeargle, I've had considerably more success with SmashPassing off Gorebyss than I have with Smeargle. Priority or Magic Coat/Bounce would always screw me. This was, however, back when Magic Bounce Espeon first became legal in standard OU and not too many people knew that Espy had it, or so it seemed to me.
see above for reasons why not.

Ninja Dewott said:
If you're having problems with Sandstorm, then just stick a Politoed on your team. It'd help with Thundurus, as it can run Thunder, and it helps against Sun too

Smeargle has its advantages over Gorebyss, but, unless you're having real problems with Deo-D and Breloom, then I'd go with Gorebyss.
right now, im trying rd kingdra, to stem the flow of sand, and it also adds another sweeper for me to pass to.

thanks to all the rates, and keep them coming :)

Ghosts of the Forums

Who Ya Gonna Call?
Although uncommon, (not in my case, I love this guy.) cb Hera causes some major hell for you. I'm pretty sure no one can safely switch in without getting the **** pummeled out of them.

252Atk Choice Band Guts Heracross (+Atk) Close Combat vs 252HP/0Def Jirachi (Neutral): 77% - 91% (313 - 370 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.

252Atk Choice Band Guts Heracross (+Atk) Close Combat vs 4HP/0Def Garchomp (Neutral): 91% - 108% (328 - 387 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO. 49% chance to OHKO.

252Atk Choice Band Guts Heracross (+Atk) Close Combat vs 4HP/0Def Thundurus (Neutral): 70% - 82% (210 - 247 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.

252Atk Choice Band Guts Heracross (+Atk) Close Combat vs 4HP/0Def Levitate Rotom (Neutral): 122% - 144% (297 - 349 HP). Guaranteed OHKO.

252Atk Choice Band Guts Heracross (+Atk) Megahorn vs 4HP/0Def Terrakion (Neutral): 52% - 62% (171 - 201 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.

Needless to say cc ohkos terrakion.

Ghosts of the Forums

Who Ya Gonna Call?
True, but some people use it, and those who do could pose a threat. And don't get me started on Zoroark. And Latios could be a problem.

Naoto Shirogane

The Detective Prince
Zoroark is a problem if you get fooled by illusion.

who even uses zoroark ... anyway crazy i rate this 4 u since ppl on serebii dont always give good rates.

have you tried scarf rachi tht can deal with terra and can trick stall types, next you need rain due to sand hitting your shell smasher makng it an easy target to breloom, also should try kel over terra if hip and ttar give you trouble

i rate later got other stuff but busy

Atrocious

I'd errr..change Rotom-W to a more defensive set since you already have a revenge killer in Garchomp. Basically Leftovers > Scarf and WoW > Trick. You aren't going to do much to Dragonite with Multiscale intact, doubt you KO even if it isn't and +1/+1 Mence and D'nite outspeeds and stuff regardless. Double Dance Terrakion gives this problems too which is why is add WoW effectively shutting it down as it'll RP first (or it should) seeing all the speed on the team.

Klaus™

Banned
well, im changing a couple things around.

Focus Sash Lead Terrakion>Terrakion
RD Kingdra>Rotom-w

also, im doing 96 timid on jirachi, to outspeed mamoswine, who gives me trouble.

@rair

yeah, im testing rd kingdra right now, and it is doing great, especially as it gets rid of sand and can be passed to.

focus sash terra has really been helping with the scarfterra issue, which is also a plus. also helping with submind rachi as well.

i look forward to your full rate, and anyone else's full rates :)

Ghosts of the Forums

Who Ya Gonna Call?
Other then changing rachi, I really have nothing else to say. So I guess I'll just make witty comments about whatever I fancy.