• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Endgame Protocol - Sign Ups (PG-14)

Titan500

Solar Panels
ENDGAME PROTOCOL

GM: Titan500

~~~~

The man groaned as he pulled himself to his feet, the sound of machinery whirring in the background as he staggered through the ruins of his laboratory. Sparks flew off broken devices around him, some managing to land some glancing blows on his skin. He ignored the pain that came with them, and continued on with his single-minded quest to escape the lab. Nothing else mattered. Only his survival did.

A massive explosion sent him flying into a wall, his ribs shattering as they collided with several kilograms of solid steel. Blood dribbled out of his mouth as he weakly looked up for the source. His eyes soon caught sight of a massive shadow towering over him, and he chuckled grimly, the irony of what was happening to him finally getting to his mind.

"So it finally ends eh?" he muttered, getting back onto his feet, wanting to die with at least some dignity. "All that I've done will be ended by the one thing that has always been my companion. Such is the work of God it seems."

The shadow did not respond, but several whirring sounds could be heard as a gigantic metallic arm was thrust forward at the man, stopping only mere centimetres from his face.

"Hesitation? I'd expected more from you. Well I suppose having a less competent controller will do that. Come on, we don't have all day. Kill me if you wish."

No response came from the shadow.

"You've already destroyed my entire life's work! I have nothing else to live for! Get on with it would you?"

A clap resonated around the ruins, the source coming from a single figure standing next to the fires that covered the area, his shadow transforming into a menacing creature as the dim light of the flames were cast over him.

"This is your wish? For the greatest of your creations to end your evil?" asked the figure, voice distorted.

"What? Just because I'm evil doesn't mean I have no regrets. Now get it to kill me! You're now in control aren't you?"

"Killing you, however, as tempting as it may be, is not the purpose we have come here for. Our purpose is to capture you Doctor."

The Doctor frowned, clenching his fists as raged flowed through his veins. They had come here and stolen his creation, forcing it to destroy everything that made up his life. And then they had brazenly decided to tell him that their purpose was not kill him, thereby allowing him to repent for all his sins, but to capture him. This meant only one thing, for most would kill him before allowing him to live even a mere second longer.

"You're here for 'that' aren't you?"

"Very astute Doctor. Yes, my 'employers' and I wish to obtain your creation's protocols. Which, seeing that we have destroyed your lab, only exists within your mind."

A laugh exited the Doctor's mouth as he listened to the other man. This laugh became a full blown maniacal cackle as seconds passed. He gripped his sides, shaking with laughter, ignoring his cracked ribs and the pain the brought him.

"Oh you deluded fool. Do you think that I would keep such an important thing in this weak human mind? Of course not. It's in a much more secure place. Besides, I would only trust my own creation to keep its protocols safe."

The laughter continued on and on, a never-ending sound of madness resonating through the ruins. It did not stop until the Doctor leaned back into the wall and looked up. He smiled. Then a large metal overhang that had been balancing precariously above him finally fell, crushing his body.

The other figure screamed as he witness the death of the only man capable of bringing the entire world to its knees. His only chance of gaining favour in the eyes of his employers was gone, and now he would probably be killed for his failure.

That was when he realised the implications of the Doctor's final words, and quickly spun around to face where the metallic behemoth had been.

But the Saint Machine was gone.

---​

In an universe not so dissimilar to ours, there exist armoured titans made of metal, originally built to help with construction tasks. But like all tools, they were soon converted to weapons, and nations waged war against each other using these titans.

Yet the bloodshed that came from this war was swiftly ended by the terrible actions of one man, known only as the Doctor, and his greatest creation - the Saint Machine. However, since his death, thoughts of war, once kept in check by the threat of the Saint, have began to fester once more.

And the only thing able to stop what could be the war to end all wars, the Endgame Protocol, has disappeared along with the Saint Machine.

Let's start counting down to the end of the world shall we?

---

In this RP, which is set on an alternate future Earth where we have giant robots, you play as someone wanting to learn more about the death of the man known as the Doctor (who, sadly, lacks the ability to regenerate), and find out more about his past, whether the reasons for this being curiosity or selfishness.

This will obviously drag you into a plot revolving around the Saint Machine, the greatest weapon known to humankind, and the Endgame Protocol, which it carries within its CPU. As you learn more, you will uncover secrets that mankind was not supposed to know.

And all this requires you to fill out a handy sign up sheet located near the bottom of the page, under all the extra info I am about to give to you all.

---

Rules

1. [*=left]SPPF and RPG Forum Rules obviously apply.
    [*=left]Be polite to the other players.
    [*=left]This is rated PG-14, which basically means there will be violence, suggestive themes and maybe some substance abuse.
    [*=left]Reservations last a week.

---​

Non-Human Species

Surprise surprise! We have non-humans in this game! This however, does not mean you can pick out some random fantasy creature, like elves, dwarves or the fey, and play as them. However, you ARE allowed to play as what I call the human sub-species.

Despite the fact that you may assume that mutants and human sub-species are more powerful than humans, you assumed wrong, for I shall explain in not so great detail below on their traits.

HUMANITY (homo sapiens sapiens) "The Archenemy of the Cockroach": Seeing that Earth is the native home of humankind, of course we can play as humans. They are also the dominant race of the planet, so most characters you meet will be part of this race. They have no defining traits, other than being survivalists and incredibly endurable.

FIRSTBORN (homo sapiens idaltu) "Humanity's Smarter Cousin": Despite the fact that the homo sapiens idaltu were supposedly extinct, survivors, who had somehow evaded contact from humanity for thousands of years, managed to prosper in some random area of the world, AKA underneath Antarctica. Their relationship with their cousin race is rather tense, seeing that they are capable of telekinesis, but are physically weaker than their cousins. However, they normally leave each other alone, and some of the species have gone into the wider world.

Appearance wise, they aren't really that different, other than having slightly larger brains due to greater cranial capacity.

HALFLINGS (homo floresiensis) "The Hobbits": After the discovery of their supposedly extinct older cousins, humanity thought they wouldn't be surprised by anything else except for aliens, only to find another supposedly extinct race live in a remote area of, you guessed it, Antarctica. The halflings, named after the name sometimes given to the Hobbits of Tolkien's world famous book series, had somehow migrated into undersea tunnels, and set up a small civilisation in a large cavern area, also giving them the title of 'dwarves'.

Their relationship with humanity is slightly less strained due to the fact that their government has basically been paid by humanity to assign people to help acquire resources for them in return for random things their simple civilisation requires.

It is rare to see them in the rest of the world.​

---​

Mech Rules

Due to the fact that mechs are rather important in this RP, I have added this section to explain the rules that apply to them. In bullet point form of course.

1. The energy output must not be ridiculous, like making giant drills out of nothing.
  2. Keep it in the range of Real Robot to weak Super Robot.
  3. Mechs are normally around the size of three to four storey buildings.
  4. They are allowed to fly and/or be water proof.
  5. Like all machines, they do not possess an unlimited power supply. Remember that.

---

Finally, we have gotten to the part you are probably interested in, the sign up form! You can find it right underneath this paragraph.

---​

CHARACTER:

Name: (Self-explanatory. Unless you have no name.)

Species: (See above)

Appearance: (Please, minimum 100 words.)

Personality: (Minimum 100 words as well.)

History: (Same as above)

Other: (Things that do not fit in the above sections.)

MECH (This is optional.)

Name:
(Can be anything. If yours is more Super Robot orientated, it can be Gurren Lagann, or maybe ZAFT-09 'Freedom' for Real Robots.)

Description: (Traditional mechs are humanoid, but I am perfectly fine with an AT-AT. Don't go over the top, which is basically, it must be somewhat realistic.)

Armaments: (What, did you want a robot with absolutely no weaponry?)

Other: (Everything else.)

---

CHARACTERS:

ACCEPTED:

• [*=left]

PENDING:

• [*=left]

RESERVED:

• [*=left]

Last edited:

Hudsonn98

I think I may signup soon. I am on my DSi right now so I can't type all of the SU now. How many members are allowed? And is the Saint Machine a killer robot?

Titan500

Solar Panels
Didn't expect to see any replies, but anyway...

@Hudson: There is no member limit. And yes, the Saint Machine is *probably* a killer robot.

@Tyoyo: Sure. You don't need giant robots. You can have small ones as well. Like the Lagann.

aggiegwyn

Just a few questions, how long has the doctor been dead and the saint missing? Also, were do you suggest we start?

Titan500

Solar Panels
Recently. But this is the sign up thread, so just questions about signing up please. You can ask me via visitor messages.

Anyway, you can start ... anywhere I suppose.