• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Energy Burst v2

Jimmy P.

First shiny!!
Alright, here is my deck to be rated.

---
Pokemon: 23
1x Deoxys EX (Normal)
4x Ralts (Fossil)
2x Kirlia (R/S)
1x Gardevoir (R/S)
3x Eevee (Fossil)
2x Espeon (Fossil)
2x Skitty (Fossil)
2x Dunsparce (Fossil)
4x Charmander (FR/LG, Headbutt)
2x Charmeleon (FR/LG)

Energy: 26
16x Psychic Energy
9x Fire Energy
1x Boost Energy

Trainers: 11
3x Lady Outing
2x Energy Switch
2x Life Herb
2x Potion
1x Wally's Training
1x Mary's Request
---

As you can probably tell, the strategy of this deck is to power up Deoxys, Gardevoir, and Espeon as much as possible to deal maximum damage on the opponent's Pokemon.
The Skittys, Lady Outings and Mary's Request are there to get Energys into my hand, while the Dunsparces are used to get Deoxys EX onto the bench. Deoxys EX can then be ready to attack the next turn thanks to Energy Switch.
A good combo I have learnt using this deck is the Lady Outing/Energy Switch combo. Lady Outing draws Energy to my hand, and an Energy is attached normally to the active Pokemon. Energy Switch can then be used to give another Energy to the active Pokemon.

There are two problems with this deck that I can see. The first is Kirlia's Removal Beam attack, which works the opposite to the main startegy of the deck, although it can be useful to stop the opponents Pokemon from using some of their moves as well. The second is that I would probably use Gardevoir EX instead of the normal Gardevoir. Unfortunately I don't have a Gardevoir EX.

I hope people can help me with the improvement of this deck.
Thank you.
- ;197;

Jimmy P.

First shiny!!
Shiloh Phoenix said:
yug, take out 10 energy. now. if you want to deal damage using energy try using metabyss, and oh yeah, the format is HL-on if you didn't know.
Okay. Would it helped if I took out the Fire Energies and The Charmander line?
And if I did, what would be good to replace them with?

'Neways, I looked at the Metabyss deck, and I have neither Clamperl or Gorebyss. I also think I don't have some of the Trainers in the deck either.
- ;197;

T

Thunderbolt

I don't mean to change the subject, but what is Metabyss?
After all the years i've been playing TCG I never heard of it.

T

Thunderbolt

What can you use DRE and Holon's Mag/Trode in the same deck?
People haven't been doing that and if you need lots of DRE then there you go.

T

Thunderbolt

Haha, sounds like a fun deck. I want to try it out. All I need is like 2 Metagross ex's.