1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

English Anime rock songs.

Discussion in 'Alternate Animé & Manga Discussion' started by rohit_1997, Dec 25, 2012.

1. rohit_1997

rohit_1997 Wait,what!?

I may be new to the world of music,and haven't yet heard a many songs from the world of Anime.
    I did hear Rise Above the Storm,I'm not Going Down and Switch Blade from Beyblade,and am glad to say I loved em!
    So I would be grateful if any of you guys give out some suggestions of a few good Anime rock songs,in English.
    Thank you,in advance.

2. Jb

Jb Tsun in the streets

3. Charizard Champion#06

Charizard Champion#06 Spiral Warrior

4. Jolteon91

Jolteon91 iDOLM@STER Fanboy

5. Bleu

Bleu Shiny Catcher!

6. rohit_1997

rohit_1997 Wait,what!?

7. Satoshi

Satoshi メイの大切の彼氏

Cha-La Head Cha-La, sang in manly Engrish by Hironobu Kageyama: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_TQVc4R7n8

Anyone who posts Rock the Dragon will get their ribs fractured.

Live-Action Rurouni Kenshin movie theme (some of it's sang in Japanese, but most of it's in English): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JED0gMDUJt0

Was gonna post this. AmaLee's covers are amazing.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
  8. MidnightMelody

MidnightMelody Degrassi Student

Whats wrong with Rock Dragon?

9. Satoshi

Satoshi メイの大切の彼氏

Despite being an admittedly catchy song in its own right, I've grown an immense hatred for it being (what I believe) a poor representation of the Dragon Ball series that's frequently shielded by the nostalgia goggles of American 90's youth, which I won't derail the thread with any further by commenting that you, madam, have an awesome Yutaka sig.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
  10. Kutie Pie

Kutie Pie 桜咲くこの坂を今も上っている

It's also a dub song. Doesn't count here.

Someone already gave "Euphoric Field" for an answer, so the only one I can think of is "Why or Why Not", the ending song to Higurashi. I don't really know if it does count as a rock song, but I'm just throwing it out there.

11. TotalPotato

TotalPotato Vegetable of Doom!

Well, you can't talk about English anime songs without mentioning Dead End. The clarity of the lyrics is unmatched.

12. astroGamer

astroGamer New Member

13. Charizard Champion#06

I totally forgot about those! Bring on Season 3 already mofos.

14. Jolteon91

Jolteon91 iDOLM@STER Fanboy

15. Charizard Champion#06

While I find the song okay, I really think the opening itself was poorly done. All they did was just use clips from the show with special effects. The last one was really cool and well animated but this one's just lazy.

16. Jb

Jb Tsun in the streets

Kinda like SSBB.

Ok, let me stop.

17. Charizard Champion#06

Damn, that was spot on. You're talking about the opening right?

18. Jb

Jb Tsun in the streets

Yeah. Melee's was golden. But Brawl just used clips from SSE but the song itself was okay.

19. Kutie Pie

Kutie Pie 桜咲くこの坂を今も上っている

I agree with this one-hundred percent. The song is amazing, but the opening could've been better. Acted more like a trailer than an opening. Heck, the original Smash Brothers' opening is better than Brawl's.

20. Charizard Champion#06

[GET READY]

Melee's is definitely the best.

Oh right, anime. Cheesy as it was, I couldn't help but love Ichigo's theme from Bleach. It was really out of place but it felt like it worked, at least to me.