• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

English Horror story Help Please?

Master of All

Call me Peter...
okay look, this is probably gonna be my english assignment, im in year 9 and it is supposed to be a short horror story. Helpful critism is greatly appreciated. Also, try to understand that though i would like to go into more detail, i only had about 1500 or so words to do it in, and right now im about 200 words over, so if you are going to ask for more description, make sure you can list an unnescary(bleh) bit of the story to cut out
here we go:
The Creek

“Damn,” I said, “it’s hopeless; I’ll never find my way back now.”

I looked at my map. I thought that if I found the creek by midday, I could trek back to camp, and my fellow hunting buddies, but now it was close to 8 pm and I needed a place camp for the night.

“Stupid buck, I shouldn’t have left my hunting party, no matter how much of a trophy you would have been,” I said grimly.

I decided to trek a little more, until I came to a place to camp. As I walked through the forest I noticed a Brown Bear, and I thought about getting down and pulling my rifle out to shoot it, but it was too far away, predators would have been on it before I would have, plus I only had 2 bullets left. I carefully made my way around the bear and scooted off. After about ten minutes of trekking, I came out to the creek.

“You’re bloody kidding me,” I said, “now I find it.”

I was feeling hot, so I took off my gear and went for a quick dip. The water was a lot warmer than I thought it would be, then again, warm for 8:20. I noticed that there were no signs of life in the creek, so I decided against drinking it until I could find some way that I could purify it.

As I got out of the creek, I noticed that it was starting to get misty. I heard something on the other side of the lake, but when I was squinting to look through the mist, all I could see was a humanoid shape that was covered in hair. It seemed to notice me and fled into the forest.

“Strange, must be a black bear,” I said, a little shaken that I had just swum in a creek with that thing, “better be careful then.”

Walking along the creek for a bit, I came across a cave. I checked until I was almost sure nothing was living in there. I went inside and found nothing. The cave was long and surprisingly warm. I did find signs that someone or something had once inhabited this cave (a few pieces of cloth and a broken watch) but they were long gone by now. I went outside to ponder whether to sleep there or go try to find another place, but I quickly decided against walking longer, I was weary and the wind was starting to blow. Before going inside, I went and grabbed and some fire wood. I got to about halfway into the cave, and decided against going anymore, if anything happened I wanted to get out fast.

After a few failed attempts at lighting the fire, it finally caught alight. I took off my shirt and my shoes and socks in an attempt to dry them out. I started to feel a little thirsty, and realised that I could now purify the water. I quickly ran outside to get some water from the lake, and noticed that the mist had over tripled since I was last outside. I didn’t want to get too cold, so I quickly filled my can with water and headed back inside.

After a few drinks of boiled water I decided to go to sleep, it would be no use waking up tired and having to trek through the forest. I had just closed my eyes when I heard a long deep growl from outside. I didn’t want to take any chances of a bear coming inside, so I grabbed my gun, put on my clothes and crept outside.

I almost jumped when I noticed that the lake had actually frozen over in the short time it took since I had gone outside last, about 20 minutes, and that it had started to snow. I was about to say something about a flash blizzard to calm myself down, but I was reminded of the creature I was trying to kill when I heard it’s cry again, from right behind me.

I turned around to the nearest bush, to face what was about to come out of it. After what seemed like an eternity something came out of the bushes. My eyes were closed in fear. I had to open them. I couldn’t but I had too. I opened my eyes.

It was a deer. A poor lost doe. It staggered towards me breathing heavily. Then I noticed the long scratch marks bleeding profusely on it’s side. I decided to put the poor thing out of it’s misery, there was absolutely no way that it would survive, and hopefully I could get a meal out of it. It seemed to know what I was doing, and it sat down on the piling snow, ready to move on to the last stage of life. I aimed my gun’s nose at the creature’s temple and pulled the trigger.

After dragging the deer into the forest, I had removed one leg for dinner. On the way back, the splatter of blood in the snow sent a shiver up my spine. I hoped that it was gone by morning; I didn’t want to wake up to that sight. I thought about wiping the snow over stain, but I didn’t want any more blood on my hands, and the likelihood is that it would still be visible. I went back inside the cave and used some spare sticks to create a small spit.

After about half an hour, I was full of deer meat but there was still meat left on the bone, so I went to chuck the deer leg away from camp. While I walked out I noticed that the fog had disappeared, but the lake was still frozen over. Then I wondered how the lake had frozen over, it wasn’t even winter. I saw the blood stain of the deer and I shivered, but then I remembered the scratch marks on the deer. Suddenly I realised that the thing that made the scratch marks in the deer must still be around. I wondered what it could be, the scratch marks were huge.

“Big grizzly bear then,” I said, to keep myself from worrying, “nothing more nothing less.”

I chucked the leg out to the other side of the lake and went back inside. Just as I went back inside I heard a much deeper growl than before. I wasn’t taking any chances; this could quite possibly be the thing that almost killed the doe. I grabbed the gun and sprinted outside.

There, on the other side of the lake, was a giant hairy creature. In it’s hand was the deer leg that I had just thrown. I knew this thing was what killed it, and now that I had taken it’s kill from it, it wanted to find another, possibly me. I lined up my gun, and put my head to the scope.

“One bullet left,” I said to myself quietly, “one clean shot to the head.”

Then, as if on hearing me, the creature roared a horrible and long howl.

“****,” I yelled, as I accidently pulled the trigger.

I stood up to run away, but then the creature turned around and I froze. It was a few feet bigger than a human, much broader in the chest, stood on two legs, and had the hairiest body of any animal I’ve ever seen. But by far the scariest part of the creature was it’s face. It was long and shaped like a wolf, it even had the teeth and ears, but it’s eyes were most certainly human, and filled with rage, anger but most of all, bloodlust.

It started to run towards me. My legs were frozen in place, possibly from the creature or the snow, but to this day I still think it was purely those eyes. The creature got to the start of the creek and didn’t even falter; in fact it got faster to escape the falling of the ice around it. Still frozen with fear, I was captivated about how mystical it looked. The creature got to about halfway over the creek before my legs returned. I turned around and ran into the forest.

Once I was in the forest, I started to zigzag in hopes that the creatures speed would have to slow down to get too me. I was wrong. Before long the creature was only a few metres behind me. In a state of adrenaline I picked up some snow, threw it at the creatures face, and bolted.

I ran for about 5 km before I had to stop and rest. I could still here the beast coming up behind me. I had to keep moving, but my legs wouldn’t go any more than a small limp. The creature came out of the clearing behind me. It ran towards me. As I turned around, ready to embrace death, I felt the cold, hard metal of my gun between my hand. I gripped it, and just as the creature leapt, I grabbed it with both hands and swung it straight towards the creatures head. The beast was instantly knocked out. I rested against a tree for a little while, watching the thing that had almost killed me, like he had probably done to many people before. I left. I didn’t want to stick around for too long, and I was afraid that anymore beatings could arouse the beast instead of killing it.

I trekked through the snow till morning. Any animals that came across me, predator or not, instantly backed away. They knew the damage I did to their king. I finally came across the forest clearing, and out into a small town. A went to the hospital; I had cuts and bruises from where I had fallen running away from the beast. The receptionist noticed me and straight away they rushed me into a vacant room. After all the doctors had checked me out and fixed me up, one asked me why I was so banged up. I told him my story and then he turned to me and said;

“Guess you know why it’s called ‘Werewolf Creek’ now, right?”