• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

English Trainer Names

Maxim

Beyond repair
Isn't it the time to update Serebii.net's PBR Colosseum Walkthrough Section with English Trainer Names? Those inaccurate romanisations of Japanese names make all my bodyparts hurt.

Additionally, what do you think about the Trainer Names? For me, they're too normal. Their Japanese names were weirdass, and in English version they got average names. I was expecting something more... Colosseum-ish/XD-ish.

Jonah

herd u liek mudkips?
A lot better than nonsense names in Colo/XD. Have you met someone named Dakim recently?

But, I've met people named Harry and Joe and Zackary. I like real names better.

How many Trainer classes are there in PBR? Everytime I play, I encounter more of them and more of them.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
The trainer classes actually change depending on who you have on your team, which character model you use, and if you have matching clothing on them. For example, if all six of your Pokémon were a single species, you'd be able to use the title of "(Name of Pokémon) Fan." If you have at least three Poison-types on your team, and you use the teenage girl model, you can use the "Poison Tongue Girl" title.

Jonah

herd u liek mudkips?
But who you are doesn't affect who you're fighting, does it?

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
If you mean how the AI behaves, who you're matched up against online, or which opponents show up in what order in the single-player mode, no. Although I think that if you pick a male character, and an in-game opponent already has that name, his name changes to "Mario," he'll be dressed in red, and all of the things he says will be catchphrases of the red-capped plumber, like "I'm the winner!" and "Here we gooo!"

Rakurai

I think that if you pick a male character, and an in-game opponent already has that name, his name changes to "Mario," he'll be dressed in red, and all of the things he says will be catchphrases of the red-capped plumber, like "I'm the winner!" and "Here we gooo!"

Really? That sounds interesting. I can't imagine it being all that hard to test, since there seems to be maybe 10 different trainers at each colosseum.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I encountered "Mario" at least twice while going through Survival Battles in the Courtyard Colosseum...and it just looks too abstract than all of the other trainers. I haven't made another trainer card to test it out quite yet, so I'll ask you: Is there a Muscular Man trainer in the Survival named "Oliver"? That's the name I used for my trainer.

Rakurai

I can't quite recall if there was an Oliver there.

What battles did you see this "Mario" at? I went up to 50, and never saw him. I'd think if he appeared under normal circumstances, I would've seen him, since the trainer selection for those battles seems pretty small ( I fought the same young boy wearing a flame shirt and pants something like eight times).

It makes me wonder what'll happen if you use the same name as another trainer for the other character models.

tamha

You mean like naming a little girl trainer a name used by a cool girl? I don't know. My cool girl is named "Devon" and I saw a young boy "Devan" in the Magma Colosseum. Makes me wonder.

ETA: I do actually remember seeing Mario, but for the life of me, I don't remember what stadium I saw him in. Using my Devon mentioned above.

Last edited:

Jonah

herd u liek mudkips?
Just used the Cool Boy model, with the name Stewart, to battle Pikachu Fan Stewart, and nothing different happened. No Mario.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
So my Mario theory turns out to be incorrect; they don't care if your name coincides with someone else's name.

I've only gone up to 57 in Survival, though I've only tackled it twice. Both times, I encountered "Mario" exactly once, which I think has always been between battles 30 and 40. I hope I can put together a video, or at least a screenshot, showing the "Mario" trainer.

Maxim

Beyond repair
I wonder.

Can anyone collect all English names for trainers you battle in each colosseum in Round TWO? The Official Guide has names only for first round trainers. I need second round.

RaiBlade

ɾαρτυɾε
I wonder.

Can anyone collect all English names for trainers you battle in each colosseum in Round TWO? The Official Guide has names only for first round trainers. I need second round.
Okay I Think I'll Try If I don't have any work. ^_^

Maxim

Beyond repair
Okay I Think I'll Try If I don't have any work. ^_^

O'kay. Your help is appreciated. It's good to see someone who got through Battle Revolution to Round 2 and can help me. Thanks again.