• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Enlighten Up! (246)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Enlighten Up!

Ash & Co. come to a Dojo and start training to be Enlightened allowing for better battles. However Team Rocket appear and start causing problems. Can Ash & Co. get past their training?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

wobbanut

Team Awesome
After watching the more overtly religious episode "Take the Lombre Home", it's odd to think of this episode and how they danced around one of the more overtly religious symbols (*cough*nun outfit*cough*). Overall, the episode is pretty interesting, even though I'm not a big fan of slowpokes. It's nice to see those rare episodes where Team Rocket and the twerps get along well, and I love the scene where they race to finish mopping the floor. :) Ash and the others getting whapped for moving during meditation is also funny, especially Team Rocket's reaction. LOL

R

Robert

This was a good episode. There was both deep thinking and humor to be found.

I liked this episode, really.

TR and Ash and co. getting along is a rarity, so I'm glad to see it.

That statue defies the laws of physics. One scrawny bike gets placed under it and all of a sudden it's weightless. The bike should've been crushed to a million pieces.

Madeline was cool. For one, she looked decent, something you don't get in every One-Shot Character. And her personality was great, too, calm and cheery(oxymoron). She was a bit oblivious, though.

Hehe, everyone racing with the mops was lol.

Ash's reaction to Gary was funny. And so were Brock and Misty's reactions to Ash's reaction[/mouthful].

When was the last time we saw a Slowbro in action, really?

DUB MISTAKE: "Hello, I'm Brock from Flint City." Nope, wrong, try again.

Overall rating:
8.0 out of 10
Pretty good episode. The word enlightenment was overused, though ._.

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion

PDL

disenchanted
frankly, I think this episode's only excuse for existing was to get the animators to draw barefeet :\

Zabi

Not really here.
~*Commander Blizzard*~ said:
DUB MISTAKE: "Hello, I'm Brock from Flint City." Nope, wrong, try again.

I noticed that too...I also love the part when Ash mops...

8/10

OK this episode was decent. My favorite part is whan Misty throws Meowth in the lake to ask the Pokemon why they aren't biting the fishing lures. The way she does it is one of the most hilarious moments in the Pokemon anime.
6/10+1 for the Misty/Meowth moment, so 7/10

L

lightspeed

Some parts of this episode was kinda boring, but I like the part with everyone racing in mopping the floor, that was fun and I also enjoyed the part where Misty threw Meowth into the lake.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
lightspeed said:
I also enjoyed the part where Misty threw Meowth into the lake.
Misty: Voted 'most likely to be an animal rights activist' in high school.

Pretty decent episode and had some good parts, especially when TR and Ash got along for a while

Hibachi

Grass Pokemon Expert
I thought this was a decent episode. I wasn't surprised that Ash wanted to do the training once he found out that Gary did it too. I liked seeing the mop race, and I laughes when Madeleine points out that even though it was a fun race to watch they barely cleaned the floors. I also loved the part where Misty throws Meowth into the lake to help with catching Pokemon. I thought that the getting hit with the stick for not meditating correctly was rather funny too.

Surfer_Dude

Aspiring Guitarist
Slowpoke?
SLOWPOKE!

Wow who couldve tought that slowpoke could think? jks

Anyways this was a funny episode because of team rocket

And what is slowbro doing with the flag?!

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Hmm, i loved to see Slowpoke evolving

And TR were so mean.....

7/10

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I don't remember anything funny, except maybe the dubbing error when Brock claimed to be from Flint City instead of Pewter City. Ash was only interested in training because Gary had trained there, typical. You'd think he'd want to simply sharpen his skills his own way without being too competitive. Kind of a pointless Filler though, in retrospect. Not the best episode they've come up with, so this gets a 3/10.

Last edited: