• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Enlighten Up! (246)

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
It was an okay episode, nowhere near the best but it had its moments like Meowth been thrown into the lake (Jessie did the same to him in the Seaking catching episode). It reminds me that Jessie and Misty are so alike lol (Aside from having pale skin and red hair). They both go on about how pretty they are and is easily insulted when told otherwise, they both act the same towards James/Brock/Ash/Meowth, Misty's a little more tame then Jessie but not too much.

G50

No longer posting
I really didn't like this episode much... I didn't really understand half of what they were talking about in terms of what they believed enlightenment meant, etc. It was cool seeing Slowpoke again. It was funny when Meowth was talking to fish Pokemon underwater and they were explaining their role in the task. The racing with the mops was funny, especially when they found out they had to redo it.

5/100

CliveKoopa

A few errors I noticed with this is that Brock says he is from Flint City instead of Pewter City. Also, Madeliene says that Slowpoke's name was invented by humans. If that were so, why does Slowpoke say its name anyway?

Brock fell in love again, which never gets old or boring. The idea of a Slowpoke Temple was great! Madeline mentioning Gary and getting Ash motivated was great! And Madeline did a great job using Ash, Misty, Brock and Team Rocket as slaves to clean the Slowpoke Temple... And Misty saying she, Ash and Brock still had their youth, unlike Team Rocket was funny. Slowpoke was funny as well! Lanturn getting fished up by Slowpoke was cute and funny! Misty not catching anything and those cute Butterfree flying over while Misty didn't catch anything was great, and Slowpoke fishing up a Gyarados was funny as well, and Misty throwing Meowth in the water. Seeing Slowpoke evolving with Shellder on its tail was nice, and Slowbro using Confusion with the flag in his hand was great as well! And Delibird appeared in the end! What an awesome episode, 10/10!

7threst

Well, surprisingly, I did in some extend enjoyed this episode and its originality in it. I especially enjoyed the humorous parts about that "enlightenment" stuff like the race and at the end with Team Rocket lol.

Blessed

A good and enjoyable episode, nice to see TR hang out with the twerps, not to mention how hilarious they were. I wasn't surprised that Ash wanted to do the training once he found out that Gary did it too, he needs to grow up. I liked seeing the mop race and I got a laugh when Madeleine said that even though it was a fun race to watch they barely cleaned the floors. Misty throwing Meowth in the water was very funny to see, nice to know she still has that personality which made me love her. Lastly, seeing Delibird in the end was so great, I love that bird.

Zamin

It was nice having an episode with lots of philosophy and stuff in it. Slowpoke's evolution was really cool too :)

That was amazing the way Ash just ran the wall like that! .:)
Brock, you're from Pewter City not Flint City. Dubbing error, I know.

JudySpell

Banned
We didn't really need another Slowpoke filler in Johto so this episode and its enlightenment theme seemed quite wasteful & confusing. 6/10

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I liked how Slowpoke got alot of focus in Johto like in this episode and the philosophical aspects were intriguing. The Slowpoke belief stuff reminded me of Buddhism and I liked seeing Gary via a flashback. :3

The Slowpoke temple place seemed kind of complex and I was hoping that much more would happen to make this episode stand out from others. :(

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
So Ash was only interested in training because Gary had trained there. You'd think he'd want to simply sharpen his skills his own way without being too competitive. Kind of a pointless filler, though.

ZilverLox

Banned
I loved the part where Misty tossed Meowth into the lake to help catch Pokemon. I thought that getting hit with the stick for not meditating correctly was rather funny too! I wasn't surprised that Ash wanted to do the training once he found out that Gary did it too. I liked seeing the mop race and I liked when Madeleine pointed out that even though it was a fun race to watch, they barely cleaned the floors.

Leonhart

Imagineer
The fact that there was a temple involving Yadon where philosophy was taught was fascinating. Miyabi's Yadon randomly hooking a Koiking, Gyarados, and several other aquatic Pokemon on its tail was humorous, although the fact that Yadon's evolution into Yadoran was once again focused on seemed rather repetitive.

Ryu Taylor

Unwavering beliefs. Richter Taylor is my name now.
I was expecting 4Kids to censored some of the philosophies here since they hate stuff like this.

It breaks my heart to see how many people Dogasu has gotten to with his nationalistic agenda...

No, 4kids never hated Japan (you really think they'd bother with Pokemon or any Japanese property if they did?). Their rationale behind making those kinds of edits were that they felt kids wouldn't understand a walk of life different from their own. If I didn't know any better, I'd say they thought kids were xenophobes.

To be fair, that's a really misinformed mindset which served to underestimate their audience. It may not be xenophobia that made them do it, but there's still not a good reason, and it's one of the only things about the dub I don't like. They clearly needed to learn from those better at family entertainment than them.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Buddhist teachings, in Pokemon?! :eek: I was expecting 4Kids to censored some of the philosophies here since they hate stuff like this.

I suppose that the main points of the episode such as the school's teachings were kept intact since they were a crucial part of the plot.