• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Enough is ENOUGH, people (rant)

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
I’ve been on these forums for quite some time. Not as long as some others, but a decent length of time nonetheless. And over all these years, all I see is the same thing over and over again.

It is an endless cycle of bashing and whining. No, not that, we’ve got alliances of bashers and whiners, and lets add the so-called jerks in there too.

Perhaps I should explain:

The Char Wars of…’05 I think is was? Remember that? No? Well almost everyone should remember the Region Wars last year. It’s a goddamn spectrum. I've never taken sociology or anything of that sort, but even I can see that among the groups of Pokémon fans, we've got groups of like-minded individuals that argue and bicker to no end. And in these arguments, the left side always comes off as coldhearted and arrogant (but right), and the right side always comes off as stubborn and ignorant (but wrong).

There's the purists. The ones who follow that slogan of “I don’t EV train or calculate IVs or train ubers—I catch my Pokémon the way they are and treat them like individuals.” They typically (not to stereotype here, just an analysis) prefer the older Pokémon, and vouch for Kanto’s nostalgia. The other side tends to think of them all as whining, unintelligent sobs.

And speaking of the other side, this is the group most often (but not always) taken up by competitive battlers. They take pride in their EVs and IVs (not unrightfully so), care about strategy, and harp on those who ignore EVs/IVs or talk about not treating Pokemon as data. (Ironically, they don’t like ubers either…ubers get no love =P) They typically (not always) prefer the newer Pokémon, and bash the older ones for looking unoriginal. The first side tends to think of them as pretentious, soulless jerks.

There is a third group, yes. The middle ground. Probably the majority group, comprised of everyone else either nonextremist, or those who just don't care, but you don’t notice them much if not for the other two groups.

I like the Pokémon I like. I EV train. I breed for IVs. And guess what—I use the Pokémon I like! And guess what—I try to give them good movesets and natures. I have fun EV training and take pride in seeing them grow stronger at an exponential rate.

I support Kanto 100%, and think it’s stupid to bash it, but I don’t mind the newcomers of Sinnoh and welcome some of them openly. (The Region Wars have mostly died down, but sometimes mini version of them crop up in those idiotic least favorite Poké /Most Overrated Poké /Ugliest Poké /Worst Generation threads.)

Not all purists are unintelligent sobs. Not all battlers are soulless jerks. Whether it be about EVs and IVs or not liking the new Pokémon, or disliking being forced to use Pokés they dislike, or anything else that I haven't even seen--all the arguing needs to stop being so repetitive and stupid.

Edit: I am NOT trying to make everyone stop arguing. We all have different opinions and it is GOOD to argue our positions on these things. I just want the closed-mindedness to stop. Do we really have to be so fussy over how we play a game?

(This is not in response to any one thread, but an accumulation of everything over time.)

Thank you for your time.

~Chibi~;249;;448;

Last edited:

Anaya

Synthesis
Just like we have a cycle of rants? HINT HINT. Besides, if you are going to complain about this place, then leave forever. It's not that hard to log out and never visit this site again.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
But you see, if he leaves then he doesn't have to worry about people arguing. Because he obviously wouldn't know because he wouldn't be here.
I'm a girl.

And I realize that people are going to argue, and that's the nature of things, the problem is when the arguing is stupid, pointless strings of insults that's the same year after year.

And technically I did leave. I spent a year not posting in this forum, and only posted in the FanFiction section. Hiding from the mess is stupid. I'm not trying to change the way people think--just let my side be heard the way people proclaim their battling viewpoint or their "purist" viewpoint.

~Chibi~;249;;448;

Sphyxius

I never get logged out :)

I dunno, I always stop by here when I'm bored to talk shop (pokemon)

Its not a huge part of my life, and neither is the game. But that said, it'll always be one of my favorites. But, still, its only a video game.

If there were forums like this for more cult games like Disgaea or Valkyrie profile or the such, I'd be there when I was bored too. :/ In fact pokemon is probably the most mainstream game I play, if there is such a thing.

Anyway... whatever. Rant rant rant, freedom of speech I always say.

Kim62

Hello
There are people that don't like kanto :(.
I could post my own rant but it's pointless since no one is going to read it any ways.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
I never get logged out :)

I dunno, I always stop by here when I'm bored to talk shop (pokemon)

Its not a huge part of my life, and neither is the game. But that said, it'll always be one of my favorites. But, still, its only a video game.
Well, you'd be in the third group--people who either are in the middle, or don't care and just do what they feel like and have fun with it, without trying to bash or argue or be heard.
There are people that don't like kanto :(.
I could post my own rant but it's pointless since no one is going to read it any ways.
There were a LOT of anti-Kanto threads last year. I posted pro-Kanto support in a lot of them, but never made my own thread for them. It wouldn't have added to anything, as having more threads dedicated to an old an tireless debate wouldn't help. =P

~Chibi~;249;;448;

Xenon

PERSONA
Another thing, it seems most of the arguements degrade into name calling and complete bashing of someone's views. The "alliances" also seem to try to "convert" others, trying to tell them that there opinion is wrong and gives them a ton of reasons that is apparently the right way to look at things. C'mon folks, can't we just agree to disagree?

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
My apoligies. *Goes to edit post.*
Heh, no worries. =P
Another thing, it seems most of the arguements degrade into name calling and complete bashing of someone's views. The "alliances" also seem to try to "convert" others, trying to tell them that there opinion is wrong and gives them a ton of reasons that is apparently the right way to look at things. C'mon folks, can't we just agree to disagree?
You've hit the nail on the head. :) I somewhat enjoy the arguments, so long as they're civil and not filled with stupidity. Some people like Kanto and some like Sinnoh/Hoenn (most everyone likes Johto, lol). It's perfectly fine when debate their view without insulting the other side pointlessly or acting like "their logic = fail, period".

~Chibi~;249;;448;

Last edited:

Villi

Shimama!
Its interesting how a Pokemon forum has evolved to the point in which it has political groups.

Its a pretty cool how government can parallel Sppf. Well, I find it cool.

All I say is:Why care?
Why put time and effort creating a rant about fictional characters?

Don't you have important things to worry about in real life?

starterlover1

Emperor Coordinator
I really do agree. To be honest, I think the arguments are stupid (I disagree with becoming attached to creatures in a fictional game, by the way), but really, that isn't my problem and its not my business. To each his own, I guess.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
All I say is:Why care?
Why put time and effort creating a rant about fictional characters?

Don't you have important things to worry about in real life?
If you take that viewpoint, you could say why does anyone put time into going on the forums to begin with. =/ I find the way people think very interesting, and the stupidity rather irritating, and no, just ignoring it does not help. Everyone loves to ignore everything.

And I hardly think that taking a half an hour to type up a statement about forum trends is such a major waste of time.

~Chibi~;249;;448;

Last edited:

Sir Devious

Sir Devious
People are always going to argue and stuff, so just get used to and learn to ignore it.

Kaliber

Older Master
There are always going to be two extremes. Just do what you do best and try not to notice all the stupid fights.

Kreis

Still Dirrty
Meh, it doesn't really matter. There isn't much to do about it, the cycle will always repeat itself, and it is just better to leave it alone. As I said, there isn't much to do about it. There are always these kinds of threads, as you may know already, and they don't stop. In other words, you can't stop the damn cycle.

nubinator

Banned
I’ve been on these forums for quite some time. Not as long as some others, but a decent length of time nonetheless. And over all these years, all I see is the same thing over and over again.

It is an endless cycle of arguing and whining. No, not that, we’ve got alliances of arguers and whiners, and lets add the so-called jerks in there too.

Perhaps I should explain:

The Char Wars of…’05 I think is was? Remember that? No? Well almost everyone should remember the Region Wars last year. It’s a goddamn spectrum. I've never taken sociology or anything of that sort, but even I can see that among the groups of Pokémon fans, we've got groups of like-minded individuals that argue and bicker to no end. And in these arguments, the left side always comes off as coldhearted and arrogant (but right), and the right side always comes off as stubborn and ignorant (but wrong).

You’ve got the one side. The purists. The ones who follow that slogan of “I don’t EV train or calculate IVs or train ubers—I catch my Pokémon the way they are and treat them like individuals.” They typically (not to stereotype here, just an analysis) prefer the older Pokémon, and vouch for Kanto’s nostalgia. The other side tends to think of them all as whining, unintelligent sobs.

And speaking of the other side, this is the group most often (but not always) taken up by competitive battlers. They take pride in their EVs and IVs and don’t care much about which Pokémon they use, so long as it’s strategical. (Ironically, they don’t like ubers either…ubers get no love =P) They typically (not always) prefer the newer Pokémon, and bash the older ones for looking unoriginal. The first side tends to think of them as pretentious, soulless jerks.
This. Needs. To. Stop.

There is a third group, yes. Probably the majority group, but you don’t notice them much if not for the other two groups.

I like the Pokémon I like. I EV train. I breed for IVs. And guess what—I use the Pokémon I like! And guess what—I try to give them good movesets and natures. I have fun EV training and take pride in seeing the Pokémon I love grow stronger at an exponential rate.

I support Kanto 100%, and think it’s stupid to bash it, but I don’t mind the newcomers of Sinnoh and welcome some of them openly. (The Region Wars have mostly died down, but sometimes mini version of them crop up in those idiotic least favorite Poké /Most Overrated Poké /Ugliest Poké /Worst Generation threads.)

Not all purists are unintelligent sobs. Not all battlers are soulless jerks. Everyone needs to stop arguing stupidly, whether it be about EVs and IVs or not liking the new Pokémon, or disliking being forced to use Pokés they dislike.

(This is NOT in response to any one thread, but an accumulation of everything over time.)

Thank you for your time.

~Chibi~;249;;448;

That's called bull **** kids, saying that we bash people who use older pokemon cause' we tend to find ways that make pokemon stronger ever generation is retarded. Do you find it hard to believe pokemon can get stronger :eek:!!

This whole thread is retarded, the hasn't been a good debate/war/whatever you want to call it
in many months, I havn't seen one for the whole time I've been here.

I find it quite funny how you refer these " groups " as something like politics. Or some kind of war, ( Talliban, U.S, what not )
The wars of 05, 06(?) are over, there won't be something as extrodainary as those for a long time.
Oh yes, I've heard of the wars. Spectacular.

Last edited: