1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have received legal notice about the sharing of certain images for Pokémon Sword & Shield. Due to this, we have a new rule. If you post said images, you will be removed from the forums until 15:00 UTC on November 14th 2019. We have also killed the leak discussion threads for the time being. Thank you for your patience during this. If you have any queries, use the contact form
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Enter Elesa, Electrifying Gym Leader! (710

Discussion in 'Pokémon Black & White - Rival Destinies' started by Serebii, Sep 22, 2011.

1. Dephender

Dephender Gizakawayusu Staff Member Moderator

At least whomever translated this knew enough grammar to know that "charisma" is not an adjective :p

(also, I'm ncredibly happy d-man dustin isn't writing this show)

Last edited: Sep 22, 2011
  2. dman_dustin

dman_dustin Well-Known Member

Oh yes because having a character risk everything for his friend, and actually succeeding is such horrible writing.

My goodness, yes, let's not have Ash win at gym battles, or any battles, because succeeding is bad writing.

Oh and yes it's completely good writing to continuously show how incompetent Bianca is as a trainer. Who gave her two badges that she somehow got with just Bianca? Erika because Bianca saved her Gloom and Erika Clone 2 for saving her Gloom Clone 2.

Oh and further into this bashing of me. Yes it would be completely bad writing, and so horrible to give Pokemon actual screen time. Roggenrola being used to battle instead of Pikachu or Oshawott, blasphemy! Slay the horrible non greedy jerk who wouldn't write Pokemon just to make some cash for the franchise. And wouldn't make Pokemon A be more important than Pokemon Z.

Edit:

Oh but wait this isn't about how horrible of a person I am. No, no, it's about Bianca vs Elesa and losing, and Ash vs Bianca's dad and losing.

If only I could find some nice thing to say about this episode. Oh right.....Bianca finally has a third Pokemon. Finally. After like 30 episodes.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2011
  3. Almighty Zard

Almighty Zard He has returned.

am i the only one who thinks that Oshawott losing is acceptable? I mean when was the last time the thing LOST a fight--; Lenora round 1? if so then I don't mind the loss at all.

Now Bianca being curbstomped by Zebrastrika...Shelmet obviously wasn't a good choice, and you think she would've learned from the Don Tournament that her mouse isn't good against them either.

So in a way it was a one against one, and Zebrastrika just came out the victor.

4. pokefandt

pokefandt Well-Known Member

He lost to Roggenrola in episode 37, if that counts. Meh I don't mind the loss either. It's usually pikachu getting ko'd or getting knocked around by the one shot opponent of the day.

Bianca needs some serious training BADLY is all I'm going to say on the matter.

5. Pepsi_Plunge

Pepsi_Plunge Dojyaaa~~aan

I said it was also, I though he would lose since I saw the preview unless the guy fightning him was just a random dood.

6. Poke Master 7

Poke Master 7 Boulder Trainer

So both Bel and Ash get destroyed in their respective battles after they make a bet against Bel's father. Was there some kind of moral of don't bet because the house always wins kind of deal going on here or what?

7. j_gamez

j_gamez Blah

nope. after darmanitan use flame charge and fire punch (i think thats what he use) i dont see how will oshawott win.

the only thing im not okay with is elesa and bianca battle
    the battle is short and a boring battle
    saw the zebra sweep coming but they should at least make an epic ending for that poor pig.
    if only bianca have some extra training.....

8. RandomOne

RandomOne Randomization

They made Bianca a super noob! How is Pignite losing to Zebstrika when it has beaten every gym so far by himself? And he is well-known for his strength. Episode later, Palpitoad beats Zebstrika (Yay!) without Pikachu \ Snivy, so... what's up?

9. Almighty Zard

Almighty Zard He has returned.

type and move advantage obviously.

She can't win every battle with Pignite alone, maybe this was to show us that she's going to step up her game hopefully and give her other pokemon training as well.

10. Pepsi_Plunge

Pepsi_Plunge Dojyaaa~~aan

What is up is that Satoshi is better then her.

11. fishyfool

fishyfool And a nice chianti

If it's any compensation, Water/Ground sponges everything Zebstrika can chuck at Palpitoad.

12. Rizardon

Rizardon Boulder Trainer

It always amuses me how seriously you people take Pokemon.

It's a kids' show, come on. What kind of development are you expecting?

13. Banana Knight Arthur

Banana Knight Arthur NEGATIVE MINUS

Which will make it that much worse if she ever beats him in the ISshu league, as it was confirmed by Bel, in this episode, her goal/dream is to win the league.

14. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Am I supposed to laugh?"

15. ShinyCharyZard

ShinyCharyZard Honesty=Infractions

They should've made this the two parter instead of the Subway rubbish.. or it could've even been a three parter/mini arc.

This is because I would've loved to see Ash actually stick to his word and go home after losing the battle. Then the story could've continued from there, with Bianca's father realising the friendship thing and travelling to Pallet along with Bianca, Cilan and Iris to retrieve Ash.

Enter the Sinnoh team, to show the Unova crew how it's done.

Ah, sometimes I really do wish I could write an episode or two..

16. RickHoenn

RickHoenn Banned

That made no sense at all, why waste time going back to Pallet Town? -_- I miss the old pokemon too but come on...

Praise the lord! :p

17. Banana Knight Arthur

Banana Knight Arthur NEGATIVE MINUS

No.

The personality they gave Bel-papa works well and balances out Bel's my-pace moments.

The preview shows Zeburaika hit by hydro pump, then hits the wall from mud shot, clever editing.

18. ShinyCharyZard

ShinyCharyZard Honesty=Infractions

The reasoning behind it actually has nothing to do with the old Pokemon, I just included that bit as a joke, hence the strikethrough (man, bring back the gifs so people get it -.-). Ash said that if he lost, he'd return to Pallet.. so all i'm saying is that it would've been pretty cool to go somewhere with that story and make an arc out of it.

Ash almost putting an end to his journey is something we've never seen before, it could've been a lot more interesting if they took it somewhere.. but nope, they had to have what was quite an annoying and BS ending to be honest.

19. Mr. Reloaded

Mr. Reloaded At this point, who knows?

This proves elesa is as strong as she is in the games I mean come on she won without loosing 1 pokemon and oshawott lost that the hell this episode was annoying.

20. Flygon Master54

Flygon Master54 Ahh I'm back baby

I totally agree with you about this episode and I'm also not looking forward to the next but things bugging me......
    Looks like you need to look at the attackdex thats in your sig. Sunkern does not learn splash. lol