• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Enter Elesa, Electrifying Gym Leader! (710

Demonsead

Hoenn Challenger
Yet Tynamo gets 1KO'd easily, and doesn't hit hard. Darmanitan can easily be strong here. It's dumb to say Darmanitan can't be strong in the show.

Last edited:

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
-Ash is finally going to go to the Nimbasa Gym! Horray!
-I hear Bianca...and Ash is next to a fountain. You can guess what happens next.
-Haha, they're fighting over who gets to challenge the gym first.
-It's pretty amusing seeing Elesa in a relatively normal outfit...while she still has those weird wires in her hair.
-And of course. Elesa's doing a fashion show now, so nobody gets a gym battle! But Bianca is more than happy to watch the show instead.
-Yup, still weird to see Elesa's hair-wires juxtaposed with outfits other than her usual one.
-And Elesa manages to hear Pikachu over the roar of the crowd. Woman's got damned good ears!
-...and she can also jump really far...
-Blah blah blah Bianca and Ash are getting their gym battle blah.
-Elesa makes challengers ride a roller coaster through her gym for no reason? At least in the games there were gym trainers!
-Ash is whining that Belle gets to battle first. What a kid.
-And then a fat businessman appears! ...it's Bianca's papa!
-Now he's trying to make Belle come back home. Bianca is...not pleased by this.
-Bianca agrees to come home if she loses to Elesa, and the battle field is unveiled! Complete with screaming fangirls...including one redhead who's dressed up like Elesa!
-Haha, even the referee is fashionable.
-Round one: Zebstrika vs...Shelmet? I have a feeling things are gonna be rough for Bianca.
-I was right.
-Oh god, Bianca's dad looks so smug.
-Next up is Minccino. But Zebstrika keeps dodging everything(including Swift!).
-Now all Bianca has left is Pignite. Talk about an uphill battle.
-...I just realized Elesa is kicking Bianca's *** without even using any Electric attacks. Poor Bianca is clearly outclassed.
-Oh wait, Elesa has Zebstrika finish Pignite off with Wild Charge.
-Bianca's dad continues to look smug about Bianca having to come home.
-Back at the Pokemon Center...it's break time? I think it was already break time by the time everyone got here, Dento.
-That's one hell of a lunch he whipped up...even if it's mostly salads and sandwiches.
-Bianca still doesn't want to come home...and Iris convinces Ash to do something about it.
-I'm sure this scene would mean a lot if I could understand a thing Bianca's dad was saying.
-Ash challenges the dad to a battle. Bianca's dad says that Ash has to go back to Kanto if he loses(What a prick!).
-Bianca's dad's battling outfit is...something else. It also looks oddly familiar to me for some reason. But more importantly, does he always wear that underneath his business clothes?
-The dad sends out Darmatanian, and...Oshawott volunteers to battle. At least it makes sense this time.
-It turns out that Bianca's dad is pretty good at battling. Which only makes him seem like more of a jerk for denying Bianca her Pokemon journey...
-It's about time there was a heartwarming moment where Ash, Iris, and Dento reminisce about Bianca's time with them during their journey.
-And then Ash loses. Iris handles this gracefully by blurting out "ASH HAS TO GO BACK TO PALETTE TOWN NOW?"
-But of course, Bianca's dad had a change of heart after the battle and the heartwarming speeches and whatnot.
-And Bianca runs off to the Desert Resort. Because...uh...because.
-Also she forgot her bag.
-Ash is finally getting his Gym battle! ...tomorrow.

A pretty solid episode, though "oh by the way Bianca's dad is a powerful trainer" thing pretty much came out of nowhere. It also make me wonder why he's so against Bianca traveling; sure, she's a ditz, but I doubt he got that good without doing a bit of traveling himself. You'd think he could see the value in a Pokemon journey before Bianca's friends gave him a sappy story about their time together.

Demonsead

Hoenn Challenger
Yet Tynamo gets 1KO'd easily, and doesn't hit hard. Darmanitan can easily be strong here.

...any basic Pokemon can be OHKO'd, that's a terrible example.

...any basic Pokemon can be OHKO'd, that's a terrible example.

I'm making referance to Elesa's Tynamo, thought this was obvious. The writers are making it one of her strongest pokemon. There's nothing wrong with a Darmanitan beating an Oshawott.

Besides, you're using the games as an example, and that's worse.

Janovy

Banned
Man, judging by the comments I thought this episode would suck.

But it turned our really enjoyable.

As much of a dick Belle's father was, he was amusing as well as his hilarious ninja outfit. The music theme was truly fitting to his appearance, it was awesome. And although I do wish they'd make Belle a but more competent I think she should have won. How many freaking hits did Elesa's Zebstrika get and did not even faint? I enjoyed the Belle VS Elesa battle, despite her loss.

But what I loved the most was when Iris and Dento convinced Belle's father that her journey wasn't a waste, she had a lot of fun and made new friends. Ash was enjoyable as well, I loved his reckless self in the episode, makes me remember the good old Kanto days. Overall, the characters in this episode had a fine chemistry.

Bonus points go to animators for bothering to draw Elesa in more outfits making her an actual model like in the games. I loved that!

Overall, an awesome episode. I need to stop judging the episodes before I watch them myself. <_<

... oh, also ... OSHAWOTT LOST! THANK YOU GOD! That'd be all. :p

randomspot555

Man, compared to the suckitude that was Satoshi's gym battle, this was really good. I was really rooting for Bel near the end, but alas, it wasn't to be.

I also kept thinking "Man, this guy sounds just like Giovanni" and apparently, the same guy voices him!

A pretty solid episode, though "oh by the way Bianca's dad is a powerful trainer" thing pretty much came out of nowhere. It also make me wonder why he's so against Bianca traveling; sure, she's a ditz, but I doubt he got that good without doing a bit of traveling himself. You'd think he could see the value in a Pokemon journey before Bianca's friends gave him a sappy story about their time together.

Considering that he basically emotionally abuses his child and wife in the games, it's a nice way of painting over it and giving him a somewhat justifiable motivation for wanting to keep Bel at home.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
HEY HEY HEY, who would have though Belle father WAS a traveling trainer as a kid, haha.

Her Father wants her to travel but is still not sure of her maturity apparently, he says traveling and training pokemons is good for her to grow but she is clumsy and not ready in his opinion apparently, he wants her to become more calm and mature with a better judgement before traveling.

Lol Satoshi hears that and seems convinced Xd, Iris says you tried to convince him not to let her go but he ended up convincing you.

Dent suggest a pokemon battle since Belle father was also a trainer as a kid.

Belle father is the one that asks him to go back to Masaro Town if he loses, its not Satoshi that offers to do that but he accepts it, since Belle father says if you have that kinda of confidence you can do anything, he baited the poor kid XD, then said he has guts to be facing him.

Lol apparently Belle dad was called "Red Shooting Star" when he was younger, calls his Hihidaruma Red Flash, Iris notes that her father personality seems to have changed lol, Belle says he is like that when he is doing battles, AGAIN points to him being a good trainer.

Dent says he is has a powerfull taste,

Belle Father asks why, he is risking his journey to help Belle, after Belle asks Satoshi to stop fightning so he doesn't have to go back to Masaro, says they are strangers with each other afterall and why should he care if she continues to travel or goes home.

Satoshi answers saying, no, she is our friend, says that they might not be traveling together but they have meet numerous times and even entered in the same tournament, then the kids start talking about their adventures with Belle, at the end of all the compliments, Satoshi says yeah she is our friend, which makes Belle father smiles(seems like his heart has been move by the kids speech), he ends the battle.

Iris points out that Satoshi has to go back home now, Belle father says that won't be necessary, that even though in traveling there might be many dangers, what they told him made him remember all the joys that come with it too, he then compliments Satoshi saying he will become much stronger, tells Belle to also continue traveling and together with her friends she will eventually become stronger too.

Belle says she will make sure, she will become stronger, then says she is going back to train in Resort Dessert says goodbye and rushes off in typical Belle fashion

Last edited by a moderator:

Yeul

Green Eyed Girl
Bad trainers are bad. I'm amazed that there was such anger being directed that Bianca lost. She was never a good trainer in the game, why would you expect the anime to be any different?

Then again, she WAS speculated to be the Champion and she has a slightly better team than Cheren, who thinks that his Liepard and Unfezant will earn him Alder's respect.

BTW, looking over the manga it appears that Bianca's dad is a midget compared to the fabulous giant we got here, so how do you think they'll take care of things in that medium? Remember that Adventures is the actual fan experience and not just used to promote the games unlike the anime, so I think they'll put an interesting spin on things once it happens.

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
You know, Mijumaru's battle reminded me of something. What ever happened to the speed that it had gained in the episode it lost its shell? I mean was that a one time only thing or something because it hasn't shown up since and definitely wasn't here.

Joelerz

Your Fateful Battle
Honestly the only reason i hated this episode is because it's ANOTHER Ash loses a fight episodes. Really? The kid has four years under his belt! As Ash he really shouldn't be losing as much as he always does.
Oshwatt i hope he ends up the quiet strong but protective type when he is a samurott.

gohan5

Irisboy
Honestly the only reason i hated this episode is because it's ANOTHER Ash loses a fight episodes. Really? The kid has four years under his belt! As Ash he really shouldn't be losing as much as he always does.
Oshwatt i hope he ends up the quiet strong but protective type when he is a samurott.

This loss was perfectly justified since his opponent was Bianca's father who we can only assume has much more experience than Ash. I mean the man's been a trainer since he was a kid :p

Janovy

Banned
This loss was perfectly justified since his opponent was Bianca's father who we can only assume has much more experience than Ash. I mean the man's been a trainer since he was a kid :p
Ash has been a trainer since he was a kid too. :p

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I'm making referance to Elesa's Tynamo, thought this was obvious. The writers are making it one of her strongest pokemon. There's nothing wrong with a Darmanitan beating an Oshawott.

Besides, you're using the games as an example, and that's worse.

True. I know this is off topic but I had my Pokemon on level 30 and I was attacked by a Darmanitan in the wild and still took damage. Some Pokemon in the games are just made for that stuff.

On topic: I liked how Ash tried to futher his friendship with Bianca hopefully she will learn to do better for herself. Plus, Ash need to really train the otter before it battles again. Even though Oshawott is cute, it's losing streak is catching up.

gliscor&yanmega

Four years? Ash is still 10...he doesn't even have one year. Plus it's not like he's had Oshawott for those "four" years. Oshawott still has a longs way to go, where as Bianca's dad's Darmanitan probably was with him from the very start of his journey. Plus Ash isn't suppose to be this unstoppable battling machine, the writers want him to lose so he can get stronger over time. Losing isn't the end of the world.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
Four years? Ash is still 10...he doesn't even have one year. Plus it's not like he's had Oshawott for those "four" years. Oshawott still has a longs way to go, where as Bianca's dad's Darmanitan probably was with him from the very start of his journey. Plus Ash isn't suppose to be this unstoppable battling machine, the writers want him to lose so he can get stronger over time. Losing isn't the end of the world.

Lol...in a way it's kind of funny when you think about Ash having "four years" under his belt. When you think about it it's really not too much ^^; (especially seeing as how he never ages) I mean people like the Champions (and other people) had several years to perfect their skill and become older and wiser. Ash still has a long way to go.

And besides that I think it would have been stupid for the writers to have Bianca stay because Ash beat her father. The friendship of the plot would have been sapped out and I just don't feel that would have been right. (Instead of going by friendship being the moral it would have been down to raw power) I mean, this is a kid's show and they need to have some sort of lesson even if it sounds a bit cheesy.

Last edited:

gliscor&yanmega

Lol...in a way it's kind of funny when you think about Ash having "four years" under his belt. When you think about it it's really not too much ^^; (especially seeing as how he never ages) I mean people like the Champions (and other people) had several years to perfect their skill and become older and wiser. Ash still has a long way to go.

And besides that I think it would have been stupid for the writers to have Bianca stay because Ash beat her father. The friendship of the plot would have been sapped out and I just don't feel that would have been right. (Instead of going by friendship being the moral it would have been down to raw power) I mean, this is a kid's show and they need to have some sort of lesson even if it sounds a bit cheesy.

Exactly, maybe in 20 years(When Ash is still 10) Ash will become more like Cynthia and Alder, but right now he's still learning. Losing to Bianca's father is hardly a bad thing, they guy had plenty of experience during his travels plus it's not like Ash has had Oshawott for that long.

I do prefer how they did it over Ash beating her father, although I would have preferred Bianca winning her gym match even more(Can still through in the friendship thing somehow). It was nice how they did it still, in my opinion.