• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Enter Elesa, Electrifying Gym Leader! (710

Graham Aker

Exactly, maybe in 20 years(When Ash is still 10) Ash will become more like Cynthia and Alder, but right now he's still learning. Losing to Bianca's father is hardly a bad thing, they guy had plenty of experience during his travels plus it's not like Ash has had Oshawott for that long.

Unless, we're supposed to forget everything that's happened..are we suppose to believe Kanto, Hoenn, the Battle Frontier, and Sinnoh all happened in one yer? There's really no reason for him to be losing as much as he is this season. Where are those skills this season he learned from the past? He seems like he has to re-improve to the level he was in Hoenn, and Sinnoh.

Last edited:

gliscor&yanmega

Unless, we're supposed to forget everything that's happened..are we suppose to believe Kanto, Hoenn, the Battle Frontier, and Sinnoh all happened in one year? There's really no reason for him to be losing as much as he is this season.

He's still 10, regardless of why the writers did it, or however unbelievable, he's still 10 and that's all there is to it. Everything he did was done in less then a year.

He has new Pokemon(Besides Pikachu), he's using. Just because he's been around all over doesn't mean his Pokemon automatically become super powered buffed up Pokemon that can't lose. Plus it's not like there isn't other trainers out there who have been around all over as well and even if they haven't they still could have a lot more experience then Ash especially with their own Pokemon. Ash isn't invincible, he's going to use and he's going to get stronger from it.

But this isn't really the place to start discussing the battles Ash has lost and all that.

I don't see what's so bad about Oshawott losing this one battle, he's not a Samurott yet, so this one loss is fine.

Last edited:

CupidKirby

Graham Aker said:
Unless, we're supposed to forget everything that's happened..are we suppose to believe Kanto, Hoenn, the Battle Frontier, and Sinnoh all happened in one yer? There's really no reason for him to be losing as much as he is this season. Where are those skills this season he learned from the past? He seems like he has to re-improve to the level he was in Hoenn, and Sinnoh.

Oshawott fainting in an Aqua Jet vs. Flare Blitz clash because he wasn't strong enough to endure it is barely Ash's fault. Despite the skill of the trainer, you'd still lose a lot when people keep throwing level 50 pokemon at your at most level 30 Oshawott. I know levels are ignored a lot in the anime but that's more an analogy than anything.

Parts I liked:

- Elesa. And her Zebstrika pwns.

- I actually liked how they made Bianca lose in a non-redeeming way. I was scared for a second that Pokemon was going to pull one of those cliches where Bianca loses but her father is inspired by her battling and changes his mind or something. And really? Pignite didn't need a tie. He put up a fight, and that was fields better than her other Pokemon.

- Bianca watching Ash battle and realizing how much of a better trainer he is than her. Come on, she's his rival...and a breath of fresh air after the storm that was Paul.

- Iris and Dent's faces when the dad turned power ranger on them.

Parts I didn't like:

- Zebstrika dodged Swift. wtf?

- Would've been nice to see Ash and Bianca's dad using more strategy during their match. Instead they just call out random attacks. Yeah, the fight itself was disappointing since it didn't separate their skills from her's.

- The whole thing with her dad was basically solved in one episode. I would've enjoyed it a lot more if he became a recurring antagonist who continued trying to convince her to come home after losing to Ash. Kind of a waste if you ask me.

- What's with Iris having to convince Ash to actually do something to help? I was expecting him to jump in but it almost seemed like he didn't care until the end.

- Bianca's dad just had to be a softie and civil so then the show could stay G rated, didn't it? It's nice to have an insane mad man who throws things and yells at everyone but we didn't get it here. Too bad.

- The amount of fanboy bashing this ep's probably induced.

And I'm on the edge on what to feel about Ash losing. I sort of hated it because it completely confirms Bianca's dad as an unimportant character. Not to mention shot Ash down for the trillionth time in a row (seriously, why's this boy still trying?). Yet I liked it because it was unexpected and showed how "the power of friendship~" doesn't equal a win. Even in Pokemon.

As for people complaining about the Ash/Bianca curbstomp? It was different. I like how they're taking a mediocre lesson and going about it in a non-overdone way. The message of this was less that working hard meant nothing because people would keep pushing you down, but more that the characters and their spirit to travel with pokemon are more important than battles and how many you actually win. That's probably what the writers were getting at.

Also:
People need to stop spoiling the future episodes in this thread. It's really annoying.

Last edited:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer

Supersonicbro

I can't believe it. Just as they finally made it to Nimbasa City, Cartoon Network decides to air reruns! Why in heck would they do that!!!
http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/schedule/index.html?atclk_gn=gn_link_tvschedule

im guessing that last episode was the last one of the season...but yeah, i dont understand why they must always do this. it surprised me when they played the black and white season right after they finished diamond and pearl, but they just had to go back to their month breaks!

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
im guessing that last episode was the last one of the season...but yeah, i dont understand why they must always do this. it surprised me when they played the black and white season right after they finished diamond and pearl, but they just had to go back to their month breaks!

I just hope it doesn't take SEVERAL months

Usatoday

Eternal God
As I recall Bianca loses pretty bad

I could see CN airing 2 dubbed episodes to make up for this decision of re-runs... They did this with DP two years ago

Ok.

------------
I'm not sure if I liked this episode. Bianca was in it, when this episode should have been about someone else, so I'm not too happy about that. However, Bianca went through hell in this episode, which was enjoyable for me. It was great seeing Bianca get curb stomped by Zebstrika, which is one of my favorite pokemon. I felt a little bad for Shelmet, but not for Minccino or Weaknite. I think Bianca's father was right when he said Bianca shouldn't be a trainer just yet, and in that way, I'm glad Ash lost to him. I don't think Bianca should have been allowed to continue doing gym battles. This would have been an interesting place to write her out of the show, but I guess the writers didn't want to do that. Too bad. Oh, well. 7/10 For the battle against Zebstrika.

thekorean

God Americans are so lazy. Why do we have to wait 2 months or so?

This is why we are i an economic slump, laziness.

Honeyichigo

The manliest
God Americans are so lazy. Why do we have to wait 2 months or so?

This is why we are i an economic slump, laziness.

Um, what? We're in an economic slump because we take breaks in our cartoon airings sometimes. Yeah.

Considering that CN has been airing Pokemon non-stop even when the japanese took a week off, I'm not sure I'd call them "lazy".

thekorean

I mean ok, is there a valid reason why they stopped airing new episodes? Did they even say why?

pokeaussie37

Wait a tic, so this is the end of Season 16 or whatever?

This episode is the start of Season 15, hence why the dub has been on an extended break for the last couple of weeks. No episode has aired since 'Battle for the Underground' aired on the, 8th of January I think it was.

They always do this. A break between each new season.

On this, I don't recall the American dub ever having this type of break, certainly not for more than one week, even if it is between seasons.

In the time where I've been watching it on the internet so the American timeline, I'm fairly certain there wasn't a gap between any of the seasons. This dates back to the gap between Battle Dimension and Galactic Battles.

Last edited:

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
This episode is the start of Season 15, hence why the dub has been on an extended break for the last couple of weeks. No episode has aired since 'Battle for the Underground' aired on the, 8th of January I think it was.

On this, I don't recall the American dub ever having this type of break, certainly not for more than one week, even if it is between seasons.

In the time where I've been watching it on the internet so the American timeline, I'm fairly certain there wasn't a gap between any of the seasons. This dates back to the gap between Battle Dimension and Galactic Battles.

The first gap of DP was one month long. Took place after the Hearthome Tag Battle Tournament, this one takes place after the Subway arc. I wouldn't be surprised if we go one month and then the future seasons don't take a break, just like the rest of DP.

Oceanuis

Swampert Trainer
does anyone know when this episode will premier in the united states?