• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Enter Elesa, Electrifying Gym Leader! (710

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
It's time for the incorrectly translated episode!

At least whomever translated this knew enough grammar to know that "charisma" is not an adjective :p

(also, I'm ncredibly happy d-man dustin isn't writing this show)

Last edited:

dman_dustin

At least whomever translated this knew enough grammar to know that "charisma" is not an adjective :p

Oh yes because having a character risk everything for his friend, and actually succeeding is such horrible writing.

My goodness, yes, let's not have Ash win at gym battles, or any battles, because succeeding is bad writing.

Oh and yes it's completely good writing to continuously show how incompetent Bianca is as a trainer. Who gave her two badges that she somehow got with just Bianca? Erika because Bianca saved her Gloom and Erika Clone 2 for saving her Gloom Clone 2.

Oh and further into this bashing of me. Yes it would be completely bad writing, and so horrible to give Pokemon actual screen time. Roggenrola being used to battle instead of Pikachu or Oshawott, blasphemy! Slay the horrible non greedy jerk who wouldn't write Pokemon just to make some cash for the franchise. And wouldn't make Pokemon A be more important than Pokemon Z.

Edit:

Oh but wait this isn't about how horrible of a person I am. No, no, it's about Bianca vs Elesa and losing, and Ash vs Bianca's dad and losing.

If only I could find some nice thing to say about this episode. Oh right.....Bianca finally has a third Pokemon. Finally. After like 30 episodes.

Last edited:

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
am i the only one who thinks that Oshawott losing is acceptable? I mean when was the last time the thing LOST a fight--; Lenora round 1? if so then I don't mind the loss at all.

Now Bianca being curbstomped by Zebrastrika...Shelmet obviously wasn't a good choice, and you think she would've learned from the Don Tournament that her mouse isn't good against them either.

So in a way it was a one against one, and Zebrastrika just came out the victor.

pokefandt

am i the only one who thinks that Oshawott losing is acceptable? I mean when was the last time the thing LOST a fight--; Lenora round 1? if so then I don't mind the loss at all.

Now Bianca being curbstomped by Zebrastrika...Shelmet obviously wasn't a good choice, and you think she would've learned from the Don Tournament that her mouse isn't good against them either.

He lost to Roggenrola in episode 37, if that counts. Meh I don't mind the loss either. It's usually pikachu getting ko'd or getting knocked around by the one shot opponent of the day.

Bianca needs some serious training BADLY is all I'm going to say on the matter.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan

I said it was also, I though he would lose since I saw the preview unless the guy fightning him was just a random dood.

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
So both Bel and Ash get destroyed in their respective battles after they make a bet against Bel's father. Was there some kind of moral of don't bet because the house always wins kind of deal going on here or what?

am i the only one who thinks that Oshawott losing is acceptable?

nope. after darmanitan use flame charge and fire punch (i think thats what he use) i dont see how will oshawott win.

the only thing im not okay with is elesa and bianca battle
the battle is short and a boring battle
saw the zebra sweep coming but they should at least make an epic ending for that poor pig.
if only bianca have some extra training.....

RandomOne

Randomization
They made Bianca a super noob! How is Pignite losing to Zebstrika when it has beaten every gym so far by himself? And he is well-known for his strength. Episode later, Palpitoad beats Zebstrika (Yay!) without Pikachu \ Snivy, so... what's up?

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
They made Bianca a super noob! How is Pignite losing to Zebstrika when it has beaten every gym so far by himself? And he is well-known for his strength. Episode later, Palpitoad beats Zebstrika (Yay!) without Pikachu \ Snivy, so... what's up?

type and move advantage obviously.

She can't win every battle with Pignite alone, maybe this was to show us that she's going to step up her game hopefully and give her other pokemon training as well.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan

What is up is that Satoshi is better then her.

fishyfool

And a nice chianti
If it's any compensation, Water/Ground sponges everything Zebstrika can chuck at Palpitoad.

Rizardon

Boulder Trainer
It always amuses me how seriously you people take Pokemon.

It's a kids' show, come on. What kind of development are you expecting?

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
They should've made this the two parter instead of the Subway rubbish.. or it could've even been a three parter/mini arc.

This is because I would've loved to see Ash actually stick to his word and go home after losing the battle. Then the story could've continued from there, with Bianca's father realising the friendship thing and travelling to Pallet along with Bianca, Cilan and Iris to retrieve Ash.

Enter the Sinnoh team, to show the Unova crew how it's done.

Ah, sometimes I really do wish I could write an episode or two..

RickHoenn

Banned
They should've made this the two parter instead of the Subway rubbish.. or it could've even been a three parter/mini arc.

This is because I would've loved to see Ash actually stick to his word and go home after losing the battle. Then the story could've continued from there, with Bianca's father realising the friendship thing and travelling to Pallet along with Bianca, Cilan and Iris to retrieve Ash.

Enter the Sinnoh team, to show the Unova crew how it's done.

Ah, sometimes I really do wish I could write an episode or two..

That made no sense at all, why waste time going back to Pallet Town? -_- I miss the old pokemon too but come on...

Praise the lord! :p

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
They should've made Bianca's dad a quirky trainer in the game. Fits well with her clumsy daughter.

No.

The personality they gave Bel-papa works well and balances out Bel's my-pace moments.

The preview shows Zeburaika hit by hydro pump, then hits the wall from mud shot, clever editing.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
The reasoning behind it actually has nothing to do with the old Pokemon, I just included that bit as a joke, hence the strikethrough (man, bring back the gifs so people get it -.-). Ash said that if he lost, he'd return to Pallet.. so all i'm saying is that it would've been pretty cool to go somewhere with that story and make an arc out of it.

Ash almost putting an end to his journey is something we've never seen before, it could've been a lot more interesting if they took it somewhere.. but nope, they had to have what was quite an annoying and BS ending to be honest.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
This proves elesa is as strong as she is in the games I mean come on she won without loosing 1 pokemon and oshawott lost that the hell this episode was annoying.

Flygon Master54

Ahh I'm back baby
No it wasn't, let's just go through what happened.

Bianca and Ash want to challenge gym leader- Okay

Ash and Co, and Bianca run into her father- Okay

Bianca's Dad wants Bianca to come home- Okay

Bianca says that if she beats Elesa she can do what she wants and if she loses she'll come with him and apparently stop being a trainer- Okay

Bianca not beating a single Pokemon of Elesa's- NOT OKAY AT ALL, next episode as we know Palpitoad beats Zebstrika, how in the hell is Palpitoad stronger than the Zebra that didn't even take hardly any damage at all from Bianca's Pokemon and curbstomped her into oblivion? Unless the condition was she just HAD to beat ONE single Pokemon of Elesa's it was completely unacceptable. They could've easily had Pignite beat or even TIE with Zebstrika, and if Pignite one, could've been one shotted from Emolga's aerial ace or other possible flying moves. Moving on.....

Before Bianca and her father leave, Cilan wants to make them lunch- Okay

Iris somehow convinces Ash to be a nice guy and fight for Bianca- Okay

Ash takes the chance of him losing that he would be sent back to Pallet Town, and if he won Bianca can do what she wants- Okay

Oshawott sending itself out to fight- Was okay, until the outcome and Oshawott has only itself to blame

Ash being completely obliterated, not finding very many openings- Not Okay

Ash seemingly getting his groove back and losing- Not Okay At All.

Because of the whole friendship spiel, Bianca's dad decides to let Ash off the hook and let's his daughter do what she wants- What the hell were they thinking? I mean my goodness, was the Friendship Spiel THAT important that both Bianca and Ash had to lose without actually even having a chanve.

Like I said the odds were way too stacked against Bianca and Ash, it wasn't even realistic, in any way shape or form. I mean where's the struggle, where's the "OH is he going to do it, or isn't he?" But no, apparently Bianca's dad is some Elite Four member of some region we haven't heard of. And Bianca's skill as a trainer, is the equivalent to a Sunkern that only knows splash.

Bianca and Ash had absolutely no shot at winning their matches, in any way shape or form. And apparently friendship spiel is far more important than someone's life. Because they just took Ash's and Bianca's life goals and shoved it up their rear ends, and the only resolution that came from this episode, was because of all the good things they remembered being together.

Thank you Pokemon, you just implied to many children that they can't help friends when their in trouble with their own skills and talents but don't worry if you reminisce about it, the problem magically goes away.
-------

Oh but then again this a cartoon. The cartoon some times do have not very good messages. How many times have I seen, someone's life close to being flushed down the toilet, only for some aspect of the whole situation, somehow making the "Villain" be a nice guy and just say figuratively "Just Kidding" with a punch to the arm. Were are the jerk people, who no matter what happens, takes the ultimatum to heart?
I totally agree with you about this episode and I'm also not looking forward to the next but things bugging me......
Sunkern that only knows splash.
Looks like you need to look at the attackdex thats in your sig. Sunkern does not learn splash. lol