• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Enter Elesa, Electrifying Gym Leader! (710

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Which will make it that much worse if she ever beats him in the ISshu league, as it was confirmed by Bel, in this episode, her goal/dream is to win the league.

I don't think she will but we are in the 4th gym, she has room to become much better.

This is because I would've loved to see Ash actually stick to his word and go home after losing the battle. Then the story could've continued from there, with Bianca's father realising the friendship thing and travelling to Pallet along with Bianca, Cilan and Iris to retrieve Ash.

That is gotta be one of the worse things I ever heard in the forum but I think and hope you are joking...

I want Iris and Dent to go to Kanto with him in a filler region if possible so Satoshi can show them "his" country like they showed him theirs but not in the middle of the region lol.

Last edited:

Arcamenel

Shiny Hunter
No it wasn't, let's just go through what happened.

Bianca and Ash want to challenge gym leader- Okay

Ash and Co, and Bianca run into her father- Okay

Bianca's Dad wants Bianca to come home- Okay

Bianca says that if she beats Elesa she can do what she wants and if she loses she'll come with him and apparently stop being a trainer- Okay

Bianca not beating a single Pokemon of Elesa's- NOT OKAY AT ALL, next episode as we know Palpitoad beats Zebstrika, how in the hell is Palpitoad stronger than the Zebra that didn't even take hardly any damage at all from Bianca's Pokemon and curbstomped her into oblivion? Unless the condition was she just HAD to beat ONE single Pokemon of Elesa's it was completely unacceptable. They could've easily had Pignite beat or even TIE with Zebstrika, and if Pignite one, could've been one shotted from Emolga's aerial ace or other possible flying moves. Moving on.....

Before Bianca and her father leave, Cilan wants to make them lunch- Okay

Iris somehow convinces Ash to be a nice guy and fight for Bianca- Okay

Ash takes the chance of him losing that he would be sent back to Pallet Town, and if he won Bianca can do what she wants- Okay

Oshawott sending itself out to fight- Was okay, until the outcome and Oshawott has only itself to blame

Ash being completely obliterated, not finding very many openings- Not Okay

Ash seemingly getting his groove back and losing- Not Okay At All.

Because of the whole friendship spiel, Bianca's dad decides to let Ash off the hook and let's his daughter do what she wants- What the hell were they thinking? I mean my goodness, was the Friendship Spiel THAT important that both Bianca and Ash had to lose without actually even having a chanve.

Like I said the odds were way too stacked against Bianca and Ash, it wasn't even realistic, in any way shape or form. I mean where's the struggle, where's the "OH is he going to do it, or isn't he?" But no, apparently Bianca's dad is some Elite Four member of some region we haven't heard of. And Bianca's skill as a trainer, is the equivalent to a Sunkern that only knows splash.

Bianca and Ash had absolutely no shot at winning their matches, in any way shape or form. And apparently friendship spiel is far more important than someone's life. Because they just took Ash's and Bianca's life goals and shoved it up their rear ends, and the only resolution that came from this episode, was because of all the good things they remembered being together.

Thank you Pokemon, you just implied to many children that they can't help friends when their in trouble with their own skills and talents but don't worry if you reminisce about it, the problem magically goes away.
-------

Oh but then again this a cartoon. The cartoon some times do have not very good messages. How many times have I seen, someone's life close to being flushed down the toilet, only for some aspect of the whole situation, somehow making the "Villain" be a nice guy and just say figuratively "Just Kidding" with a punch to the arm. Were are the jerk people, who no matter what happens, takes the ultimatum to heart?

I agree with all of this. I have no qualms about Bianca losing but to be completely obliterated like that just seems like overkill. She could've still lost in a closer battle and had the whole dad wanting her to come home thing happen. Ash putting everything on the line just to lose doesnt send the right message to kids imo. Especially when everything is said and done he didn't have to keep his word. They could've still done the friendship spiel but after Ash was preparing to go home. You know maybe Bianca's dad thinks it over as Ash is getting ready to go home, stops him and tells him that he should keep pursuing his dream and will let Bianca pursue hers as well. That way it shows that Ash was very willing to stick to his word and the friendship thing isn't just a huge cop out.

I wonder if Bianca will even make it to the Unova league? I am having my doubts that she'll even be a league rival now.

Ehhh, she'll probably get the badge at some point.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I like the fact that Bianca got stomped, this is just the thing she needs to become serious and competent as a trainer. Since Pignite beat two gyms by itself when she was incompetent then imagine what powerhouse he could become if she becomes serious about her training.

Oshawott losing is understandable. Compare Darmanitan's huge body compared to tiny Oshawott. Clashing with Aqua Jet and Flare Blitz, Oshawott stood no chance.

dman_dustin

Looks like you need to look at the attackdex thats in your sig. Sunkern does not learn splash. lol

You missed my point, I'm well aware that Sunkern doesn't learn splash. If no other Pokemon was created recently that proves me wrong, Sunkern is the worst Pokemon to ever be created. All its stats are 20, making it have the lowest BST of all Pokemon.

I would've done Magikarp and Splash, but I think that's way too kind, considering Magikarp has a nice speed stat for a weak Pokemon.

It was just an analogy, and I chose Sunkern because of how weak it is and I chose splash because of how useless the move was.

Edit: While I hate how Bianca got curbstomped without any chance of winning, hopefully when Bianca comes back she'll beat Ash because she trained her Pokemon.

Yeul

Green Eyed Girl
Maybe the last 50 or so episodes of trolling were all in playful fun, but this is actually focking horrible. I was expecting maybe a win against just her Zebstrika with Pignite, but all three of them being beaten somewhat easily is just heartless. Was there even a mention of Luke?
I hope, I just hope that Ash won't lose to Elesa.

Graham Aker

Ash has truly become the butt-monkey of the trio. Such a shame. He didn't stand a chance against Bianca's father. The writes must enjoy writing him to lose.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
I feel this whole episode made Bianca and Ash lose for some weird plot purpose...at least we know Ash will win next week, unless the writers troll us with the d*** Tynamo

Oshawott losing is understandable. Compare Darmanitan's huge body compared to tiny Oshawott. Clashing with Aqua Jet and Flare Blitz, Oshawott stood no chance.
Unless I missed something, Oshawott defeat Emboar with the same tactic in the B/W movie. Go on tell me it's not canon, but if the writers can do it there, then they can do it here...stupid plot

Last edited:

magicallypuzzled

They should've made this the two parter instead of the Subway rubbish.. or it could've even been a three parter/mini arc.

This is because I would've loved to see Ash actually stick to his word and go home after losing the battle. Then the story could've continued from there, with Bianca's father realising the friendship thing and travelling to Pallet along with Bianca, Cilan and Iris to retrieve Ash.

Enter the Sinnoh team, to show the Unova crew how it's done.

Ah, sometimes I really do wish I could write an episode or two..

this would be really nice i'd like it alot.

Hikari Paradise

Forever Alone
Never expected Bianca's dad to be quite the trainer. I kinda felt that they missed a golden oppurtunity to have oshawott evolve, oh well. Anyways happy to see Elesa and her awesome gym. Looking forward to next weeks battle.

Joltik-Kid

Well, they obviously made Bianca lose for plot purposes. As for Ash, nah...
Probably cause they didn't want to make him look that good, seeing as until otherwise stated, he's gonna beat Elesa where Bianca failed. Part of me suspects that each of them tried harder to accomplish a victory so Bianca could stay a trainer, but because of that, they lost rational thinking

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
ShinyCharyZard said:
Ash almost putting an end to his journey is something we've never seen before.

If I recall, Whitney's miltank in jouto beat him so hard in thier first match he practically considered going home as he didn't think he could get her badge.

So this isn't really the first time we've seen a situation like that.

Unless I missed something, Oshawott defeat Emboar with the same tactic in the B/W movie. Go on tell me it's not canon, but if the writers can do it there, then they can do it here...stupid plot

Victini had a part to play in that, just like with Scraggy beating a Hydreigon and Tepig beating Samurott.

I wasn't suprised at all that Bianca lost especially since her first two were cannon fodder.

Did anyone else notice how Pignite uses Flamethrower? It came out of it's nose just like with Tepig.

Joltik-Kid

If I recall, Whitney's miltank in jouto beat him so hard in thier first match he practically considered going home as he didn't think he could get her badge.

So this isn't really the first time we've seen a situation like that.

Victini had a part to play in that, just like with Scraggy beating a Hydreigon and Tepig beating Samurott.

I wasn't suprised at all that Bianca lost especially since her first two were cannon fodder.

Did anyone else notice how Pignite uses Flamethrower? It came out of it's nose just like with Tepig.
I actually remember that...it's like Whitney only trained her Miltank, but that situation fits what happened to Bianca today

Did it? I wasn't sure...I though Oshawott won on it own...like Pikachu

I thought she's at least KO Zebstrika

I did see that, but I thought it used it like that in it's debut, so Tepig's practically becoming a better version of Bianca's Pignite.

Casty

Am I the only one who thinks that Bianca's Shelmet was, like, totally cute in this episode? :D I liked how they showed Elesa participating in an actual fashion show. That Zebstrika sweep was a bit unfortunate, but other than that, this is the first ep since Palpitoad/Stunfisk capture that I actually liked.

POKEMONISDUMB!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm surprised that Bianca got a Shelmet. I was hoping she'd get a Muuna like in the games.

They finally met Elesa at least. That's the good thing about this episode. And the next episode we can look forward to a gym battle.

And Bianca is becoming more and more like her game character every time we see her in the show. Hopefully, next time the gang meets her, she will finally get a Muuna.

This episode get's a 9/10.

G50

No longer posting
This episode was cool. It was great to see Chobomaki for the 1st time. Chobomaki has a very odd voice... It was awesome to see my favorite Unova Electric Pokemon getting some more wins in the Anime!!! Zeburaika's Wild Charge attack was exceptional. It was funny when Bianca again knocked Ash into the fountain by running too fast. The Roller Coaster looked like a blast, wish it was real. What was the 1st attack Shelmet used, does anybody know?. It was cool to see Elesa showing off and modeling different outfits on a runway. She really does love Pikachu since she stopped when she saw him. It was great to see Mijumaru finally lose a tough battle instead of winning basically every time. Hihidaruma is a very strong Pokemon, and was the Zen Mode ability Hihidaruma as well. Strange how after Ash battled her dad, and lost, her dad still let Ash and Bianca continue their Pokemon Journeys even after the deal both of them made with her dad. It was funny at the end when they realized Bianca had forgot her bag after coming back in twice, her dad grabs it and sprints after her. It was interesting that Bianca recognized before calling Chobomaki back out that he was very sick. Once again Chaoboo was treated so terribly in the Anime... I can't stand to see Tepig's evolutions treated like this anymore... It's sick and wrong. Chaoboo is not a pathetic useless Pokemon, so stop treating it that way! -__-

80/100

Last edited:

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Well this episode was a piss off. Things done wrong:

- Bianca loses to Elesa
- Elesa has an uber Zebstrika
- Bianca's fate is in Ash's hands
- Ash loses

Ridiculous.

gliscor&yanmega

Not sure how I feel about this episode. On one hand, it was about Bianca who I love character wise. On the other hand, she lost pretty bad and I was really hoping she'd win the battle. I suppose I should have suspected this but oh well.

Regardless, I did enjoy a bit of the episode.

Elesa was great, she feels more lively in the anime over the games. I'm glad they showed her doing some fashion stuff(While I'm not all that interested in fashion, I do like for characters to keep their unique thing about them, doing fashion was Elesa's thing). I'm glad she got excited over Pikachu as well.

Bianca's dad was a bit surprising, he seemed fairly different then the games, didn't come off as a complete jerk and was a bit crazy, I enjoyed him.

I love Bianca here, she's still funny to me and very enjoyable to watch, I'm glad we got some back story on her.

I like how Ash stepped in to help(Although it looked like Iris kind of forced him, hard to tell when you don't know what's being said). It was a bit shocking to see him lose though, but everything worked out in the end...of course.

Cilan was great, he's got two new fans of his food it seems(I don't need to understand Japanese to know Bianca's dad and Elesa were loving the food and drink).

So glad to see Bianca with a new Pokemon, her Minccino and Pignite are cool and all but she could only go so far with the two. Shelmet is a pretty big shock for me, but I have no problems with her having it, I think it's a cool Pokemon.

Aside from Bianca losing, I enjoyed the episode.