• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Enter Elesa, Electrifying Gym Leader! (710

Janovy

Banned
I agree with the people saying that her father is a real jerk. I mean, c'mon, he even smiled when Bianca was losing against Elesa! Grr! -.-

Shell blade strikes again. I Lol'd
I'm beginning to think they're calling it "Shell Blade" on purpose. -_-

I agree with the people saying that her father is a real jerk. I mean, c'mon, he even smiled when Bianca was losing against Elesa! Grr! -.-
I smiled, and I'm not a jerk.

And no, I'm not bashing, I'm just giving an example of how smiling at someone else's expense does not make you a jerk.

Then age up his companions or have him go solo, this isn't a catch-22.

Um, no.

Last edited:

halloweenghost

Not bad of an episiode... Shame Japan did not make a new opening for Best Wishes, as i knew the new openign would just be spliced clips, but i'm glad I miss seeing anime style clips of the gang and friends, the Best wishes opening was ok but I didn't really care much for the CG pokemon moving around.

and the clips of episodes not aired in japan,... seriously..is it that much a mystery,.. They wanted to use clips of gym leaders for the opening nd used them just because an episode has not aired in japan yet means that america does not have there hands on it to be dubbed or edited. i'm sure the skyla episodes where finished in japan a logn time ago.. and seeing unfezent, not sure how that was a spoiler -_- it's just a few clips of pokemon to those who are not already spoiled.., they could be any pokemon if you did not know about it before hand..it;s only a spoiler, (which it is not since you know..you have prehand knowledge of it) if say it actually showed ash throw his pokeball and see it come out... to those who do not know about it before hand... they are oblivious, making it,,,not a spoiler..

Finally the Nimbassa Gym!!!!!!

I liked seeing a gym battle filled with people... to be honest I always wanted to see this more often... as Ash always battle (usually) ina gym with tons of empty seats lol

wait oh no Bianca gets to go first ..oh well she had an appointment :p Poor ash..

Loved the roller coaster scene I'm glad they didn't ommit it,.. like sometime the anime will do with details, like how fortree city didn't appeare to be on treetops and such.

Now calling Bianca's father a jerk is not really fair, he's just doing what he feels best with his daughter, he worries about her people.. and rightfully so.. she had her pokemon stolen and she does..well ditzy things.. she left her bag at the gym! and he's the jerk for not thinking she is ready? Yes, he should have more faith in his daughter,..but let's not color him as some bad guy here!

next week..let's get ready to rummbbllllee!!!!!

Last edited:

Oh my gosh! I noticed that too! I wanted to jump inside my television and smack the smile off of his face!! Lol, it was raelly jerk-ish. I loved the episode in general. Especially the new opening. Major improvement!

Edit: Rank up!

R_N

and the clips of episodes not aired in japan,... seriously..is it that much a mystery,.. They wanted to use clips of gym leaders for the opening nd used them just because an episode has not aired in japan yet means that america does not have there hands on it to be dubbed or edited.

Actually, they probably do have the episodes by this point and are in the process of dubbing them.
I'm not a dub expert, mind, but I'm guessing it takes a fair amount of time to do so they probably get batches of 20 or so to work with.

Vernikova

Champion
This first episode of Best Wishes that I've watched since the fifth episode. It seems that Belle is supposed to be Barry with boobs and an actual story as well? Color me impressed. Her dad was awesome to an extent and the Gym Leader seemed kind of cool. I'm not sure if I'll watch the next episode but it didn't seem bad. The Pokémon still look ridiculous though.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
, he's just doing what he feels best with his daughter, he worries about her people.. and rightfully so.. she had her pokemon stolen and she does..well ditzy things..

there's no denying she's an airhead, but when exactly were "her" pokemon taken?

I may not have watched the episode after subtitles were applied, but I do know that in japanese version he mentioned "recent thefts"... could this be implicating what TR did? maybe, but even if her pokemon were among them how could her father know that fact when he wasn't there? Besides if that was the case, everyone who left thier pokemon at the center TR stole from is as irresponsible.

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This episode was pretty good. My only gripe was the annoyance of Bianca's father who I consider as one of the most annoying pokemon characters.

Vipsoccermaster

Nice episode, and great opening! Elesa was nice to see. The battles were fine, as well. It's also unusual to see clips for future episodes, when not even Japan has even aired them.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
I may not have watched the episode after subtitles were applied, but I do know that in japanese version he mentioned "recent thefts"... could this be implicating what TR did?

That's what it referred to, yes. It was not an example of her irresponsibility, but an example of why irresponsibility can be a problem, since the world is not a safe place.

kuzronk

1 Reputation Comment
I saw this today even thought i haven't seen the 2nd half of Black & White which i will watch in 2 weeks
Bianca's dad is a ***** and a jerk untill the end when he let her still be a pokemon trainer and i found how how much bigger she is than ash and now i know how to say Elesa who got a awesome voice in the dub

XXD17

Draco rex
After seeing this episode...I generally liked it and have the following comments...it seems the US already has copies of the episodes that will be featured this whole season...how else would they show those scenes with Skyla and unfezant? Also, there are so many spoilers in the new OP...anyways for the actual episode...Elesa's voice is..ok...at times she sounds fine, at other times, she sounds too valley girl and makes me cringe...shell blade agin instead of razor shell...and I HATE how the replaced a lot of the Japanese music, like the music for the fashion show, with their own brand of random frilly music...Besided those, decent dubb...

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
It has been a long time waiting, but the new season is finally here :D.

After a familar, explosive entrance from Bianca, we find ourselves at the fashion show where Elesa is showing off her latest range. I was particularly surprised when she was excited to see Pikachu (which is becoming a common scene in Unova). I would have thought a Gym Leader would have explored around the regions, learning as much as she could and along the way to see a pikachu but alas she had not.

We then go to the Nimbasa Gym, using a Rollercoaster no less, which looked awesome. At the end (I wonder how they get back to the entrance), they meet Elesa and Bianca's Father, who is trying to get Bianca to come home, and it is agreed that Bianca's Gym Battle with Elesa is the decider to if Bianca goes home or not. Unfortunately, Bianca loses in disappointing fashion, a 3-0 loss some people would say, and all during her Father wears the most Smug look I have ever seen.

We then jump to the Pokemon Centre, where Cilan decides to serve up some Gourmet Sandwiches and some other nibbles. Iris convinces Ash to try and convince Bianca's Father to let Bianca stay on her Journey but instead he is convinced to go into a battle with Bianca's Father with his Journey on the line! Talk about a twist in the plot! Now, I was thinking, no way Ash is losing this. He will be the victor, and will be seen as Bianca's hero for saving her Journey but no! Ash loses and all seems lost until Bianca's father changes his mind and everything is now right with the world again :D.

I would also like to note that I liked Bianca's personality in this episode. She was less ditsy as some might say, and, in my opinion, much less annoying. However, she has still kept her hyperactive attitude at times, which is enjoy.

Anyway, a great opening episode to the new series, and also a great opening. It had a great song and was great! :p

d4rk_tailed

Doritoes,Leaf Storm!
If the writers wanted Ash to be an honourable character, theyd have him go home....or take that battle seriously. Enjoyed the episode and new opening itself though.

G50

No longer posting
Odd hearing Ash say Shell Blade instead of Razor Shell... Bianca's Dad's dub voice and Shelmet's dub voice I really liked. Her dad sounded a bit more mean in the Japanese version, at least to me.

Battra

Not a bad episode, I think this could've been handled better or just left out completely. I think the major problem for me was no sort of build up for Bianca's father appearing, he just comes in and says Bianca should end her journey. He does come off as controlling & i'm guessing that's what the writer's were going for.

At least in the games we actually do have some build up and context for the situation, the argument in Nuvema Town, having her Munna stolen Castelia City, leading up to the confrontation in Nimbasa, and finding out from the player's mom that it was the mothers that pushed their children to go on the journey.

Other than that can we not have Elesa's English VA make her sound like a valley girl, I know she's a model and into fashion, but she' just doesn't sound serious. Also must we begin the episode by making Ash look like a greedy brat, how about actually have Ash show some some maturity for once & let the girl go first that way you give Iris a little less of a reason to call you a "kid". Onto a couple of things I did actually like seeing in this episode Gym reservations & Elesa actually having a live outside the gym.

Aegon

and I HATE how the replaced a lot of the Japanese music, like the music for the fashion show, with their own brand of random frilly music
Was most of the raw music replaced, or just minor parts? I really hope the former isn't true.