• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Enter Elesa, Electrifying Gym Leader! (710

XXD17

Draco rex
Was most of the raw music replaced, or just minor parts? I really hope the former isn't true.

just some like the music during Elesa's fashion show and the beginning of Bianca's battle when they just enter the arena...

G50

No longer posting
and I HATE how the replaced a lot of the Japanese music, like the music for the fashion show, with their own brand of random frilly music...Besided those, decent dubb...

I agree, the music they chose for the Fashion show was very disappointing and random. I really loved the music they used in the Japanese version for it.

gliscor&yanmega

Finished watching the dub version. I enjoyed it.

I thought Shelmet, Elesa, and Bianca's dad sounded fine. I looked up the voice actor of Bianca's dad on bublapedia and found he voiced two other fathers in the past, got a little chuckle from that(Also it appears he has also voiced, Tristan Taylor(Yu-gi-oh), Yusei Fudo(Yu-gi-oh 5D's), Raphael (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles), and Sam Speed (Sonic X), I thought he sounded familiar, and now I know why, probably remember his voice from Yusei more though).

Azureth

Is it just me, or was that really short? Not to mention rather full of scenes from the show. <_<

Ash won't be battling right away, yet again.

Whoa. Not the personality I was expecting from Elise based on her official art. Though I suppose it does match her type.

Bianca made an appointment for a gym battle? You can do that? And wow, the game's plot is coming in with Bianca's dad wanting her to come home. Is it just me, or is her dad a bigger jerk here than in the game?

Why the heck does Elise keep using Flame Charge against Pignite? And why did it work so well?

Hey, Bianca can't leave without getting the badge! Cheater.

Well what I learned in the episode is that Bianca dos'nt wanna go home, Ash is facing Bianca's Dad, Elesa sees a Pikachu, and Bianca has a Shelmet. That's all what I learned :)

ForgottenPearl

I thought the dialogue between Bianca and her father in the game was very interesting, so I was pretty eager to see this episode. And it turned out pretty well. I felt so bad for Bianca when she got her butt kicked. But I think her father seemed meaner here than in the games, and I wasn't too big on that. Still, good episode overall. I've always kinda felt for Bianca because I've gone through times where people are claiming I'm not good enough to do what I love.

Last edited:
I thought the dialogue between Bianca and her father in the game was very interesting, so I was pretty eager to see this episode. And it turned out pretty well. I felt so bad for Bianca when she got her butt kicked. But I think her father seemed meaner here than in the games, and I wasn't too big on that. Still, good episode overall.

He was not mean in the games or here.

ForgottenPearl

He was not mean in the games or here.

In the games, maybe. But I'm kinda disturbed by how he saw nothing wrong with telling Ash to head home to Pallet Town. It took lots of persuasion for him to change his mind on all this win-or-go-home stuff.

Yes, he does come around. But in my opinion, he was pretty brutal before that.

Last edited:

G50

No longer posting
I thought the dialogue between Bianca and her father in the game was very interesting, so I was pretty eager to see this episode. And it turned out pretty well. I felt so bad for Bianca when she got her butt kicked. But I think her father seemed meaner here than in the games, and I wasn't too big on that. Still, good episode overall. I've always kinda felt for Bianca because I've gone through times where people are claiming I'm not good enough to do what I love.
In the games, maybe. But I'm kinda disturbed by how he saw nothing wrong with telling Ash to head home to Pallet Town. It took lots of persuasion for him to change his mind on all this win-or-go-home stuff.
Yes, he does come around. But in my opinion, he was pretty brutal before that.

He seemed a lot less stern in this episode than in the games. He wasn't yelling like he was in the games.
Telling Ash to go back to Pallet Town, seemed like he was just trying to make the deal the same as what Bianca's was, no other reason.
He was more of just an overprotective father.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
Finished watching the dub version. I enjoyed it.

I thought Shelmet, Elesa, and Bianca's dad sounded fine. I looked up the voice actor of Bianca's dad on bublapedia and found he voiced two other fathers in the past, got a little chuckle from that(Also it appears he has also voiced, Tristan Taylor(Yu-gi-oh), Yusei Fudo(Yu-gi-oh 5D's), Raphael (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles), and Sam Speed (Sonic X), I thought he sounded familiar, and now I know why, probably remember his voice from Yusei more though).

That VA you are talking about is John Campbell.

Shelmet and Elesa were both voiced by Eileen Stevens, who is also Iris's English VA.

SasakiThePikachu

like pepsi cola
He seemed a lot less stern in this episode than in the games. He wasn't yelling like he was in the games.
Telling Ash to go back to Pallet Town, seemed like he was just trying to make the deal the same as what Bianca's was, no other reason.
He was more of just an overprotective father.

No, telling your own daughter to go home (when she's what, 16??) is overprotective bordering on jerk (remembering that this is the pokemon world where apparently things like muggings and rape don't happen and friggin 10 year olds can travel the world unscathed).

Telling some kid you don't know and have no connection whatsoever with to go home if you win a battle is being a total a-hole. You can't just go around suggesting that kind of thing to other people's kids; it's none of your business!!

...I was also disappointed that it was Ash doing all the fighting for Bianca while Elesa sat on her backside, apparently not caring. Game Elesa is sure a lot nicer than Anime Elesa >__>

DeLaw

How do you have Pocket Monsters Black and White 2? Its not even June 23rd! Did you mean that you have a copy of Pokemon Black and White?

No, telling your own daughter to go home (when she's what, 16??) is overprotective bordering on jerk (remembering that this is the pokemon world where apparently things like muggings and rape don't happen and friggin 10 year olds can travel the world unscathed).
He's the parent. He has the authority to do what he feels is right. That's not being a jerk.

Telling some kid you don't know and have no connection whatsoever with to go home if you win a battle is being a total a-hole. You can't just go around suggesting that kind of thing to other people's kids; it's none of your business!!
Ash was the one who challenged what's his name. Not the other way around.

...I was also disappointed that it was Ash doing all the fighting for Bianca while Elesa sat on her backside, apparently not caring.
SHE'S THE FREAKING REFEREE. She's just doing her job.

Game Elesa is sure a lot nicer than Anime Elesa >__>
That's an opinion.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I liked this episode, though not as much as I liked Ash's gym battle the following episode. Great drama with Bianca possibly having to give up on her pokemon journey because of her father, but at least the twerps convinced him to change his mind.

And woo-hoo, the cast is back in the credits! :D Having no recognizable characters besides Pikachu in the credits for a whole season was disappointing the previous year. -_-

7/10

Now I have to start catching up on episodes, the last one I watched was 727, and they've aired up to 737.

Last edited:

RocketToTheMoon

My favorite part of this episode was when Ash FLIPS on Iris. I had no idea he had it in him! This ep gave me new hope in Best Wishes.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I loved this episode. I was disappointed Bianca didn't take out a single one of Elesa's Pokemon. I loved that Ash was willing to risk going back to Pallet Town just to let Bianca continue her journey.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I really liked Bianca in this episode. I thought she fought hard in her battle against Elesa, though I figured she was going to lose when Shelmet went down quickly. Bianca also had some funny moments IMO such as knocking Ash into the fountain and forgetting her bag at the end.

Not sure what I think about Bianca's dad. The whole wanting to bring Bianca home thing just seemed a little...weird? I think a previous poster mentioned something about there being no buildup to it, which I can agree with. I mean, in the games you knew he was against her journey from the start...
Ok, I really don't know how to explain my thoughts on this that well. >_>

Liked Elesa. Glad they included the roller coaster in her Gym like in the games.