• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Enter Galactic! (537)

bhrettzerda053

I have returned.....
Um, right. Team Galactic had their first appearance in this first episode. I knew of the Croagunk vs. Toxicroak battle. I can't wait for it to be dubbed in English........

Pokerealm

Newest Shiny~
*bumps*

Just about the Toxicroak, someone said it's proven it's not shiny?
Wrong, it IS shiny.

Have a look at this: http://serebii.net/pokedex-dp/454.shtml
You can see it's cheeks are pink and his body is sort of light blue.

Compare Croagunk's normal sprite with the normal one of Toxicroak, they both have the same color palettes.

Now look at the episode picture, it should have the same blue color as Croagunk, and his cheeks are different then Croagunk's.

Now about the pokédex image, it shows the same colored Toxicroak, but in the D/P games, when you catch a shiny which isn't in your dex yet, it also shows the shiny.

Anyone can dis-proof this?

Pokerealm

Newest Shiny~
*bumps*

Just about the Toxicroak, someone said it's proven it's not shiny?
Wrong, it IS shiny.

Have a look at this: http://serebii.net/pokedex-dp/454.shtml
You can see it's cheeks are pink and his body is sort of light blue.

Compare Croagunk's normal sprite with the normal one of Toxicroak, they both have the same color palettes.

Now look at the episode picture, it should have the same blue color as Croagunk, and his cheeks are different then Croagunk's.

Now about the pokédex image, it shows the same colored Toxicroak, but in the D/P games, when you catch a shiny which isn't in your dex yet, it also shows the shiny.

Anyone can dis-proof this all? ;)

Last edited:

Blazing Charmander

Anyone can dis-proof this all? ;)

Certainly. :)

http://serebii.net/anime/pictures/shinou/554ps5.shtml

If you look at the top row and the middle image, you'll see that yet another Toxicroak has exactly the same colour scheme as the allegedly 'Shiny' Toxicroak that Saturn owns. If you ask me, I can't see the animators having the first two showcased Toxicroak's appearing as Shiny ones back to back - especially two different Toxicroak. As well as this, its official Sugimori artwork is shown to have its Shiny colouration.

I could go on all day about how either there was a mistake in the colouration of the game sprite or Mr Sugimori didn't take heed to the colouration of the game sprite. We shall not know the truth for a while though. However, I am curious as to how a real Shiny Toxicroak would be portrayed in the anime now. Hmm.

Not sure whether this has been stated before now. But i'd say that more-or-less extinguishes the speculation that Saturn's Toxicroak is Shiny.

Last edited:

Pokerealm

Newest Shiny~
Interesting..
Yeah, it does look the same, I wonder why they did that =p

pokemaniac10

クロツグ
I dont know, but this whole if its shiny or not thing is confusing me. I guess I have to see the episode myself to understand it more. but I'm going to wait for the dub version since its coming in about 2 weeks according to Serebii.

bhrettzerda053

I have returned.....
The most interesting part in this ep is the Pikachu/Electabuzz relation. Seems like the writers want to develop it even more.

They're actually settling their differences, Durden.

Keroro

no u
So it's not shiny? Aww...

But, yeah. I'm staying up the whole night so I don't oversleep and miss the episode. I hope it's good :)

HoennMaster

This episode is definitely one you have to see and not just the pictures. So it seems that the Galactic commanders have more knowledge of Cyrus' plan in the anime then in the games.

kiara911

What the heck AM I??
Paul on screen

Paul: It me hi. So you need to send me Electabuzz sense were preparing for the pastoria gym.
Reggie: Pastoria huh? Guess it is Electabuzz's turn. Thats right, your old friend Ash has been here, you know, the trainer that has the a pikachu that uses volt tackle you told me about, interesting guy, i like him.
Paul: Well I suppose you would.
Reggie: Guess what? He earned the cobble badge today.
Paul: So what? Anyone can win at the veilstone gym.

)--(

OLD FREIND???

Rex Kamex

There were several moments of silence in the dub. That hasn't happened in a while, has it?

Kenpachi

Flawless Technique
I loved this episode, the beginning with the power out, felt like the start of a movie. Liked how everyone important mobilized to fight togther.

Officer jenny's entente was so sexy

The Crogunk vs Toxicroak fight was amazing, the faces they made were great and I loved how Crogunk pouted after Toxicroak left.

Ash didn't have to apologize to Jenny at the end though. "sorry us kids couldn't do your job for you" What was she thinking going there alone with no Pokemon??

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
I guess I expected this amazing showdown between Croagunk and Toxicroak. I don't see what was so great about it. They didn't even do that much.

PokemonHero

I can see the future
This turned out to be a pretty good episode. I loved the Croagunk/Toxicroak staredown and them accidently sending Team Rocket blasting off.

The whole Galatic plot seems a lot different from the main game, except for the goal of course. I suspect that it is dealing more with the plot of the Platinum game. Or it could be (gasp) an original plot the writers came up with.

Pikachu and Electabuzz seem to have buried the proverbial hatchet. Perhaps this could make an impact in the future.

Overall, this was a good episode. Here's hoping that the writers don't screw Team Galatic over like they did to Team Magma/Aqua.

Blaziryu

This episode was good! It was a great way to finish the Veilstone City story arc. Pikachu & Electrebuzz sure made a great team. I like how Pikachu cut took ropes from Team Galactic's helicopter with Volt Tackle.

Blaziryu

This episode was good! It was a great way to finish the Veilstone City story arc. Pikachu & Electrebuzz sure made a great team. I like how Pikachu cut took ropes from Team Galactic's helicopter with Volt Tackle.

Dattebayo

Banned
Team Galactic and the Croagunk vs. Toxicroak fight made this episode a little interesting. I was ticked off that they didn't played the Team Galactic battle team once. That was one of my favorite battle music in the game. I've also spotted a logical mistake. When Regi told Electibuzz to use thunder to throw Pikachu while using volt tackle, It didn't look like Electibuzz was using thunder. WTFP would be so proud that I spotted it.

SOS! Its Not Healthy..

He Say Whaaa...
Paul on screen

Paul: It me hi. So you need to send me Electabuzz sense were preparing for the pastoria gym.
Reggie: Pastoria huh? Guess it is Electabuzz's turn. Thats right, your old friend Ash has been here, you know, the trainer that has the a pikachu that uses volt tackle you told me about, interesting guy, i like him.
Paul: Well I suppose you would.
Reggie: Guess what? He earned the cobble badge today.
Paul: So what? Anyone can win at the veilstone gym.

)--(

OLD FREIND???

That part made me laugh how Reggie said Ash is Paul's friend. Wow, it was awkward and funny.

I've also spotted a logical mistake. When Regi told Electibuzz to use thunder to throw Pikachu while using volt tackle, It didn't look like Electibuzz was using thunder. WTFP would be so proud that I spotted it.

Actually Reggie said Thunder in Japanese version as well and they go by translating close enough to the english version.

This episode was good, I liked it overall, and the music volume was a bit higher than usual. So it was nice. One of my fave part was the phone conversation that Paul and Reggie had, and as well Toxicroak and Crogunk battling. It was too funny. The only disappointment I had that Satoshi no Theme wasn't played around the end, it was replaced the dub boring music.