• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Enter Galactic! (537)

Insidious_Dreamer

Dreams = Reality
Yes, but it can't die - we all know that now....

lectric42

Platinum Ahead
Great episode, Toxicroak vs. Crogunk was wonderful and Team Rockets comments were funny. I can't wait for the next TG episode.

Insidious_Dreamer

Dreams = Reality
Totally - TG is far better than Magma or Aqua could have ever been! So, yeah brgin on the next TG ep!!

Insidious_Dreamer

Dreams = Reality
Totally - TG is far better than Magma or Aqua could have ever been! So, yeah brgin on the next TG ep!!

Rebeccag

i liked this episode ^_^. TG were very intresting and it was good to see Paul again. i thought he sounded like a salesman though lol. Yay for reggie as well
Nice to see pikachu and electrabuzz sorting out their differences as well

Insidious_Dreamer

Dreams = Reality
well, it had to happen sometime.....

Insidious_Dreamer

Dreams = Reality
well, it had to happen sometime.....

Insidious_Dreamer

Dreams = Reality
Hmm, i suppose that one of its personal favourite moves i guess?

legendarypokemonjunkie17

Back in MY day...
I think this was one of my favorite episodes this season. I personally enjoyed the tidbits with Toxicroak and Croagunk. I can't help but feel that they'll have a showdown sometime, and this'll all be resolved.

I'm still not used to Saturn's voice. However, one thing I found to be weird about the epiode is that Veilstone Base is supposedlytheir main base, yet they evacuated it at the end of the episode, or at least that's what Saturn was getting at.

When the Golbat were brought out, it annoyed me how they kept flying in the same pattern, but there's nothing we can do about them using the same animation. It's what they have to do, since they aren't going to make new flight patterns for a scene 3 minutes after they appear.

All in all, it was enjoyable. It wasn't completely what I thought it'd be, but TG is certainly more devious than Rocket, Magma, and Aqua. It'll be interesting to see how the key is used later on.

Coast

Far a w a y
*Just watched it, is late to the party here*

What the heck was up with Electabuzz. It looked like a freakin' ball!

Ahaha, I said the same thing when I was watching it. XD "What the heck is up with it's shape?" You'd expect it to be skinnier.

Overall, a great episode indeed. The Toxicroak vs. Croagunk "face war" was pretty funny as well. Saturn's voice seems fine to me now, and the ending peeked some interest. I somehow wish they could of dove into the history of the meteorites more, I liked it anyway, but still. Pikachu's volt tackle (Coupled with Electabuzz) was quite awesome, too. Galactic isn't just some cheesy team, either; They're determined, devious, and demeaning. I'll definitely be looking forward to the episodes that continue to dive into Team Galactic, that's for sure.

Insidious_Dreamer

Dreams = Reality
Ahaha, I said the same thing when I was watching it. XD "What the heck is up with it's shape?" You'd expect it to be skinnier.
Nah, not when its using that move....

I somehow wish they could of dove into the history of the meteorites more, I liked it anyway, but still.
I'm preetty sure they wanna leave the more juicy plot stuff till later on...

Yosh! Everyone now realizes the true greatness of Team Galactic! *is TG obsessed*
Anyway, I don't really have an opinion of Saturn's voice. I could never really match a voice to his image...
Anyway, the Toxicroak v. Croagunk showdown was pretty awesome. I actually think Croagunk might not evolve so they can have this epic showdown.
And TG plans seem slightly different than the games... I wonder how it will turn out in the end...
Also, I too am not sure why Saturn evacuated Veilstone, where their base is supposed to be. Unless they were just running from the meteorite field to return to Veilstone later *shrugs*

Anyway, I am sooo looking forward to more Team Galactic action. AND MARS! *needs Mars to have an anime appearance NOW!*

Insidious_Dreamer

Dreams = Reality
Mars will be the next TG member to appear, so hang in there...

lunarshadow

Hadou Aprentice
You don't know that.

Yeah, for all we know, Galactic could've gotten all of the Lake Trio Pokemon and put it into some sort of cage or something. I just really don't get it how Galaxy "evacuated" the Veilstone headquarters. In the game at least, its the next to last place you go to foil the Galaxy fold.

Insidious_Dreamer

Dreams = Reality
True, I don't know that.... But I'm a person to think postively. Plus, why would they choose not to include Mars the next time TG appears?

Faerie

MONS
Onward to a new universe!

I'm going to say this first: I'm a HUGE fan of Team Galactic, so my review may be a bit on the...biased side. (Normally I use the Japanese names, but for these reviews I'll use the English ones just because of quotes, and to make it easier for people.)

This episode went above and beyond my expectations. After the first bit of setup, something happened that seems to be ignored by the other people in this thread: Ash showed us a little bit of maturity, something that he has been severely lacking in previously. When complimented on his badges, he replies:

"Thanks, Dawn, but I'm still gonna need five more to get into the Sinnoh League. This is no time to get too confident."

Now, if I remember correctly, getting too confident was what Ash was best at back in Kanto and Johto, and even to a certain extent in Hoenn. He seems to be changing a little from the energetic young boy he was in the beginning of the series, to a teenager who seems to know what he's doing. Maybe all those years of traveling actually made him smarter!

Next was something I (and many other fans) have been anxiously waiting for since Reggie was introduced: interaction between him and his younger brother. I was almost surprised at the way Paul was talking during his conversation with Reggie. His speech was much more casual, and he seemed more relaxed. Sure, Reggie is his brother, but it does show a little that he isn't incapable of warming up to people. There are siblings out there with worse relationships.

I was also very happy with the history of Veilstone City. It's good to see some background for the places around the Sinnoh region - it was sorely needed to supplement the rich mythology of the region. The whole "pilgrimage to see the meteorites" thing sounded realistic enough to me, which was a pleasant surprise.

And now to the main focus of this episode: Team Galactic. They made the episode for me, they really did. I breathed a sigh of relief when I heard Saturn's voice - for those of you who don't know, in the Japanese version, his voice actor was a woman. I was afraid that he would get a sex change in the dub too, but apparently not. This is the first time I've heard of the dub doing something better than the original.

Here's a little tidbit for you: the second scene with Saturn, when he was standing on the balcony above all the grunts, came straight out of Pokemon Special. In volume 12 of PokeSpecial, there is a scene in which Keane and the Mask of Ice of Neo Team Rocket are seen speaking to the grunts. This is the image. (I'm sorry, I don't have it in English.) This was actually a tipoff to me that they were going to do Team Galactic right - NTR is one of the most evil teams in Pokemon, or at least insane.

Also, Saturn's speech was quite a surprise. They really seemed to be serious about what they were doing:

"Then, after plan completion, we'll destroy this base and evacuate. It's vitally important we leave absolutely no sign of our presence here."

Moreover, the grunts did everything in unison throughout the episode (with the exception of Saturn's two lackeys). This gives them a sort of edge that we haven't seen from any of the other teams. Team Galactic is scarier, smarter, and eviler ("Destroy Croagunk!") than any of the other teams we've seen so far. They're on par with Hunter J. They were very thorough in their operations, jamming all the signals in the city to cover their operations (although it failed).

However, there are some key differences from the games here. For example, Saturn shows knowledge of the intentions of the team, unlike in the games. (For example, he knows that they're going to build the red chain, and if he doesn't know why, then he doesn't let it on.) However, his personality is pretty true to the games. I only hope that we get to see what he's like on the inside, the way we did in the games after the events at Spear Pillar.

Finally, the Secret Police! I was glad that the writers finally decided to involve the police. They were sort of necessary, because with a truly criminal Team comes someone who wants to arrest them. They might have been doing this so that they could involve Handsome, the Interpol officer from Platinum, later on.

My only few complaints:

1. "Check out those helicopters! They've been hovering above the park all day!" If Ash noticed this, I'm sure everyone else did. Why did no-one do anything about this, especially with the conspicuous yellow Gs on the sides of the 'copters?

2. Team Rocket stood out too much. They've had at least three hundred times their share of the limelight. They should have stepped aside at least a little, to let Team Galactic shine as much as they could have.

All in all, a great episode. This is why I watch the series.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I have to admit I didn't notice the fashion comment the first time that I saw the "Secret Sphere of Influence" episode (I probably missed a lot because of the headache I got from them showing that episode in fast-foward). At least the fashion part of the original Japanese title of this episode makes more sense now after watching this episode. It still doesn't make me see Team Galactic as being any better than Team Rocket, Magma, or Aqua, though. At least the twerps finally got to meet them.

Insidious_Dreamer

Dreams = Reality
^^ Yeah, finally - but hasn;t it been that TR always meet the new team before the twerps?