• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Enter Iris & Axew (661)

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Lol, and to think I said it was real dumb that Ash would mistake Iris for a poke'mon in the speculation when that really happened. ;)
I don't like hearing that Ash failed to catch a poke'mon on his first try in Isshu. Did he even battle to weaken it?

It was what everyone though... why would he throw a pokeball if he though she wasnt a pokemon? He doesnt really know the pokemons from that region so.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Well what else does Iris do in this episode? And does it feature Shooti too, considering it is a continuation of the last episode.

Iris mentions the new pokemon in this episode and watches Ash trying to catch a few pokemon. Ash tries his hardest to get an apple from a tree, only to fall out by the barrage of apples that Iris got out from the tree. Then it's night time and Iris climbs up the tree with Kibago to sleep in there. In the morning Ash goes off and tries to catch a Mamepato, but fails.. There however is a slow one who didn't fly off and Ash fails to catch it at first. The second time he manages to catch it though. Iris walks in and says something yaddayadda good job.

Iris was drawn to the area were Ash was due to Zekrom's activity. Her being a Dragon type gymleader in the games probably has something to do with this.. Ash and Iris had a little talk in the middle until he was sparked by a Shikijika that he wanted to catch.

Shooti wasn't really in it, but he was in the recap.

Yeah but since TR have new clothes maybe they wanted to focuse on that and to not show old pokemon meanwhile. I'm pretty sure they had more pokemon with them in this episode, they can't forget about them so quickly.

Well, they haven't mentioned the status of either Gliscor or Gible.. so.. I get what you're trying to say though about the old pokemon.. But how long do you think they are going to keep that up?

I can't find any connection between the new clothes, and TR's old poke'mon.

Nobody does.. In any case, it seperates them more then there is a connection.. But what Ash-kid probably meant was that they wanted to focus on Team Rocket being re'shined', and with their sparkly new Koromori it would be better if they would show them being new and stuff, rather then give the audience a waft of AG/DP..

It was what everyone thought... why would he throw a pokeball if he thought she wasnt a pokemon? He doesnt really know the pokemons from that region so.

The really dumb thing about it was that he even scanned her hair with his pokedex and it told him it was a Kibago.. Her hair looks nothing like a Kibago, but still he immediatly threw a pokeball..

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Haha, Kibago was in the hair so the thing actually scanned Kibago instead of the hair atleast thats what i got from it.

dman_dustin

The really dumb thing about it was that he even scanned her hair with his pokedex and it told him it was a Kibago.. Her hair looks nothing like a Kibago, but still he immediatly threw a pokeball..

Yeah but Ash actually noticed that, he just didn't care, he thought the Pokedex was "mistaken" or that it was one really weird Kibago. Either way Ash didn't care, he still wanted to catch what was in the bushes.

thebluemarc

King of the World

I guess we're given a glimpse on how a Pokedex works. I guess it scans using radiowaves or whatnot that detects the nearest Pokemon and not merely lightwaves to get the shape of the Pokemon. Remember that Kibago is hinding in Iris' hair so.

dman_dustin

I guess we're given a glimpse on how a Pokedex works. I guess it scans using radiowaves or whatnot that detects the nearest Pokemon and not merely lightwaves to get the shape of the Pokemon. Remember that Kibago is hinding in Iris' hair so.

The Pokedex has done this before so it's not anything new. Remember how in AG the Pokedex went through the "Kirlia/Gardevoir's" disguise and told them it was "Team Rocket's" Meowth (in fact this has happened more than once and was mostly played for humor). The Pokedex isn't a stupid machine, it actually knows what it is saying.

So it really is up to the trainer to figure out what the Pokedex is talking about.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
The Pokedex has done this before so it's not anything new. Remember how in AG the Pokedex went through the "Kirlia/Gardevoir's" disguise and told them it was "Team Rocket's" Meowth (in fact this has happened more than once and was mostly played for humor). The Pokedex isn't a stupid machine, it actually knows what it is saying.

So it really is up to the trainer to figure out what the Pokedex is talking about.

Lol, it's up to the trainer to comply to what the damn pokedex is saying! xD

That's what Ash though: Hmmm.. The pokedex says it's a pokemon.. Here I go!! Darn it's not a pokemon.. Oh wait.. there's the pokemon..

Surprised he wasn't totally shocked when something showed its head from out of somebodies hair. Yeah, Ash said: 'Oowww Kibago!', but if a living thing popped out of the hair of somebody I was talking to I would jump two feet back! xD

thebluemarc

King of the World
Lol, it's up to the trainer to comply to what the damn pokedex is saying! xD

That's what Ash though: Hmmm.. The pokedex says it's a pokemon.. Here I go!! Darn it's not a pokemon.. Oh wait.. there's the pokemon..

Surprised he wasn't totally shocked when something showed its head from out of somebodies hair. Yeah, Ash said: 'Oowww Kibago!', but if a living thing popped out of the hair of somebody I was talking to I would jump two feet back! xD

Here's a question though do you think the Pokeball would have released it's red light to capture the Pokemon if it wasn't owned by Iris to at least try to cpature it.

Maybe Ash was betting that it's hiding somewhere. hahahahha

RageKaiser

Chespin :D
Okay, I just saw the episode, and I have to say I absolutely loved it, I mean more than I loved 80% of DP. Best Wishes is off to an amazing start, and I can't see anything wrong with it at all so far. The music is amazing and goes with whats going on really well. I find Iris as likable as Dawn was and Mijumaru is absolutely adorable.

10/10 Best wishes. 10/10.

thebluemarc

King of the World
@Gregurru would you mind if you leave me a message on where you watched it?

gliscor&yanmega

The video quality was horrible, couldn't really tell what was happening(Strange enough the other episode was perfect and was done by the same user...).

What I can make of this episode is that Ash gets Mamepato, and Mijumaru is following Ash soon to be caught.

Jessie has Koromori.

Ash meets Iris and Kibago.

It looks like a good episode, hopefully better quality comes out soon so I can watch it fully.

Chimchar15

Well I admit TR is getting cool, but I don't like they reset Ash as well along with Pikachu(failing to catch a wild poke'mon like that).

Eh well I actually like it as it's more realistic. I mean in-game even with my high level Pokemon there are still so Pokemon that manage to escape from my Pokeballs. Just as long as this doesn't have with every capture I'm good. The music was also really good. I'm pretty sure I heard them play the gym leader music but with a slight remix.

A.J.

Wobba wobba wobba!
I think Ash sort of had the "Well, it doesn't look like Kibago, but it's worth a shot" mentality when he threw the ball at Iris...

TicoPokemonMaster

this may be a reboot of the series but you have to admit that the writers are borrowing ideas from past sagas. Pikachu's electric problem and having to be tested in a lab is AG material. Ash's noob catch of the deer is Pidgeotto material. The Mamepato flock attacking Ash and Pikachu after a member in its group is attacked is Spearow material. Team Rocket actually made to look like cool villians is easily compared to their first three appearances in the original saga.

But this show is made to please little kiddies so I don't really mind.

erebus

Just saw episodes 1 and 2, and all i can say is; Awsome! If these two episodes are just a meer glimpse of what's to come then i think BW is shaping up to be one of the best (if not THE BEST) seasons in the history of the pokemon anime!

The only thing I had a bit of a problem with was the noobish way in which Ash set out to catch the pokemon. Other than that though these episodes get a whoping 9/10 from me.

And before anyone askes me for a link to the episodes, just type in 'pokemon BW ep 1/2' into youtube. Problem solved.

Cobalt_Latios

And before anyone askes me for a link to the episodes, just type in 'pokemon BW ep 1/2' into youtube. Problem solved.
And this whole time I've been typing in the one I thought would lend me the better results. Yours worked better. Thanks.

I did manage to see snippet of this episode. Man Iris is just smitten with Pika.

edit: Wow, Ash acts like a total goof during his first capture attempt. I get that he's excited... but did he really forget how to catch a Pokemon? Oy. I like how Iris is self sufficient though.

C_L

Last edited:

Teshub

Banned
I think the OS start was the best, just going by the fact that Ash was more dynamic and had a good excuse to act like a n00b.
But it was a good intro for BW nevertheless. It's going to be interesting to see how the writers change things in the following episodes. They have a habit of making the first episodes interesting but then slowing things down for other purposes like promoting new pokemon.

Cobalt_Latios

Wow, I'm actually impressed that they used one of the ingame battle themes this early in the show... and... wait, did I just hear the victory theme after having caught a Pokemon??!! :eek:. Holy!

This is surprising me in ways that I wasn't even aware of. Although, it does seem that the attack animations are way better.

Does anyone know which attacks those Mamepato were using?

edit: Team Rocket can smoke vanish now? Wow, when the writers went ahead to change them, they really changed them. I'm impressed.

C_L

Last edited:

kemal07

So weird!!! no signs of Wobby, Viper, Mega, Mimey or Carni???
Sure is strange, very, very strange.
I can't just see team rocket releasing them like that all of a sudden.
Either the writers are keeping them as a mystery until the next few episodes, OR it's a very stupid, low quality and un-proffesional decision to just cut them out after all that.

Episode looking good though, apart from the Team Rocket roster disappearing.