• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Enter Iris & Axew (661)

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I watched the anime from the very beginning, but after seeing Team Rocket as comic, incompetent idiots for so many years, it just seems weird seeing them acting like their old selves again. I guess Pikachu wasn't the only one given a reset button

Ace Trainer Star

The Lazy Trainer
My thoughts:

1. Stalker. Miju. Maru.
2. Iris seems to be very energetic, something that hasn't really been seen in the other girls.
3.Lol, I think the writers are trying to keep Ash's athleticism closer to what a 10 year old should be able to do. This is the second time (at least, while i've been watching) he's tried to do something superhuman then absolutely FAILED.
4. Ash trying to catch a pokemon and forgetting to weaken it first is him being impulsive as usual, not being a noob.
5. Team rocket is awesome now . and I think the motto changed again.

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
I have now seen Iris in two episodes and I already like her more than Dawn and Misty. She is already my third favourite character after Ash and May.

Also I love that while Team Rocket are certainly keeping their comical side they've still become more challenging opponents, even escaping without blasting off and doing serious damage to Pikachu and Kibago.

Finally as I said in the other thread, Mijumaru is adorable.

Rikudo Sennin

Sage of the 6 Paths
As most of you have said, it is very refreshing to see Team Rocket being able to hold their own against Ash (Even if it's because he only has 2 pokemons now).

I get the impression that their plans may have changed too since they seem more serious about their work.

Oh, and seeing the Koromori in action in an example of pokes that grow on you with the anime, I dind't think too much of him before, but he looks pretty cool once animated.

Cobalt_Latios

My thoughts:

1. Stalker. Miju. Maru.
2. Iris seems to be very energetic, something that hasn't really been seen in the other girls.
3.Lol, I think the writers are trying to keep Ash's athleticism closer to what a 10 year old should be able to do. This is the second time (at least, while i've been watching) he's tried to do something superhuman then absolutely FAILED.
4. Ash trying to catch a pokemon and forgetting to weaken it first is him being impulsive as usual, not being a noob.
5. Team rocket is awesome now . and I think the motto changed again.
Ha! I knew it was something along those lines. I figured that since there's so many brand new Pokemon, he'd be eager to try and capture any he could. C'mon, you can't tell me that you've forgotten certain things due to being overly excited.

I have now seen Iris in two episodes and I already like her more than Dawn and Misty. She is already my third favourite character after Ash and May.
I have to say, Iris is beginning to impress to me. Although, her being the same height as Ash is a bit jarring.

I simply love the whole scene involving Ash trying to catch her thinking she's a Pokemon, and then her following reaction.

As most of you have said, it is very refreshing to see Team Rocket being able to hold their own against Ash (Even if it's because he only has 2 pokemons now).
Not to mention, the Mamepato he just caught had been weakened in order to be captured. So, if anything, it was mainly a last resort move at using it.

I get the impression that their plans may have changed too since they seem more serious about their work.
I sware, I better not be the only one who thought "Mission Impossible" when they were being briefed by Giovanni. Even though I have no idea what was being said, that's what it looks like to me.

I like that they're actually being more in to it, and I have a feeling that part of the whole "seriousness" (not creating overly elaborate plans) may have something to do with their "promotion".

Think about it; half the plans that they create not involving Pikachu always involve them getting a promotion of some sort. They freaking got promoted prior to Isshu. They no longer have the need for elaborate plans. It all makes sense now.

C_L

Sapphire Kirby

Evaluation time!
I have only seen the episode pictures, but I am not happy from what I've heard.

How could of a palette swap of a uniform change Team Rocket so much? A simple change of clothes can give Team Rocket intelligence at the expense of their humor? I find that hard to believe. Has getting a promotion caused them to throw away their loyal Pokémon companions like trash? Sinnoh didn't kill off Wobbuffet or Seviper. "Out with the old and in with the new." The lazy writers don't even show us her capture of the Isshu bat, deciding to copy their early Kanto script with Brock's Zubat. It doesn't matter, though, because the Japanese 5 year old weren't alive back then .I hate the merchandise-driven nature of this franchise sometimes.

But none of you want me to complain about the beloved Best Wishes Anime, so I'll digress. I love how they gave Iron Tail a metallic look, as the generic white glow is used by so many attacks already.

If this is how Best Wishes is going to be, I might just stop watching. At least the games don't seem to disappoint.

dman_dustin

How could of a palette swap of a uniform change Team Rocket so much? A simple change of clothes can give Team Rocket intelligence at the expense of their humor? I find that hard to believe.
No, it's because Giovanni is taking an actual interest in the trio.

Has getting a promotion caused them to throw away their loyal Pokémon companions like trash? Sinnoh didn't kill off Wobbuffet or Seviper. "Out with the old and in with the new."
It was already explained (well my theory turned out to be 80% true) that Team Rocket left their old Pokemon at headquarters. And when they requested them, Giovanni said "No" because having non Isshu Pokemon would make them stand out, and Giovanni wanted them to work secretly and not draw attention to themselves..

The lazy writers don't even show us her capture of the Isshu bat, deciding to copy their early Kanto script with Brock's Zubat.
I don't see why it matter that we see Jessie throwing a Poke ball at the bat and it becomes captured. If it was a funny capture then I would want to see it, but I'm not too bothered by it. Since Team Rocket are taking more of back seat in this series.

Sapphire Kirby

Evaluation time!
No, it's because Giovanni is taking an actual interest in the trio..

Okay then, why is the boss interested in the trio? They haven't done anything noteworthy. I would think Giovanni would send them to Isshu just to get rid of them, but apparently not.

dman_dustin

Okay then, why is the boss interested in the trio? They haven't done anything noteworthy. I would think Giovanni would send them to Isshu just to get rid of them, but apparently not.

Because Jessie lied and told him through their reports that they got rid of Team Galaxy.

That was said in DP191. Jessie also put in their report that they got rid of Pokemon Hunter J, but I'm not sure how much Giovanni really cared about that.

So Team Rocket may be acting this way so that Giovanni doesn't find out Jessie lied, because there might be dire consequences.

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
A simple change of clothes can give Team Rocket intelligence at the expense of their humor?
I don't believe their humour is gone. I believe it is simply not all there is too them any more. In the early episodes of Kanto they were funny while still being a genuine threat and this seems to be a return to form for them. While they do have a new way of escaping there is no doubt that they'll be blasting off again.

I find that hard to believe. Has getting a promotion caused them to throw away their loyal Pokémon companions like trash? Sinnoh didn't kill off Wobbuffet or Seviper. "Out with the old and in with the new."
As dman_dustin said they were simply left at Team Rocket HQ. Quite frankly this is the best way of getting Team Rocket's team of Pokemon to change yet. Previously they've had to release their Pokemon or give them away before (or after in the case of Cacnea in Sinnoh) a new member is caught. This way Team Rocket have a place to store their Pokemon like Ash has Oak's lab and May has her dad's Gym.

Besides Wobbuffet is out of place with Team Rocket's new style.

Cobalt_Latios

I don't believe their humour is gone. I believe it is simply not all there is too them any more. In the early episodes of Kanto they were funny while still being a genuine threat and this seems to be a return to form for them. While they do have a new way of escaping there is no doubt that they'll be blasting off again.
Heck, we're at episode 2. I'd wait till at least 5-8 before we make proper assumptions. It's still pretty damn early to know just how far they've changed.

As dman_dustin said they were simply left at Team Rocket HQ. Quite frankly this is the best way of getting Team Rocket's team of Pokemon to change yet.
Yeah, that's the only thing I didn't quite get when I watched the RAW. Only disadvange.

Previously they've had to release their Pokemon or give them away before (or after in the case of Cacnea in Sinnoh) a new member is caught. This way Team Rocket have a place to store their Pokemon like Ash has Oak's lab and May has her dad's Gym.
On that note, method done above, much preferred.

Besides Wobbuffet is out of place with Team Rocket's new style.
On that note, has anyone actually noticed that TR's comic streak really started rolling with Wobbuffet. Ever since it's been on their team it's pretty much always significant.

And now that he's been removed, we get a completely different style.

Interesting what 1 Pokemon will do for a team.

C_L

NES

Flip me to the side!
Thanks for that, i didn't know TR lied and said they defeated Galaxy and J, so that's why the boss is more interested in them this time.

Anyway, this second episode of BW was very fast paced, honestly it feels like something new, doesn't feel like DP at all, or like any previous sagas. I'm really wondering if TR is going to be serious all the time or just for a couple of episodes like in Kanto, honestly the change is refreshing and i don't want it to go to waste too soon, one single episode where they don't blast off good.

Cazak

When Wings Fly High
Just saw the episode pictures. I liked how they revamped the whole thing. Pikachu testing its electric attacks on Ash was especially funny, and so was the part when Iris was shocked.

WaterTrainer243

Veteran Water Lover
I saw both episodes yesterday and I gotta say I am rather surprised. It's like we've traveled back in time to when Ash was still a rookie and Team Rocket ACTED like real villains and not comic reliefs! I'm going to take a wild guess here and say that the writers for BW are trying to relive the first season somewhat.

What pleases me the most, is that Iris didn't have a bike destroyed by Pikachu! No bike, no problem. But I gotta say, her Kibago is really cute.

TicoPokemonMaster

Wait didn't they lie to the rocket lady. which in turn mad her report it to Giovanni and made him interested in the trio that he wanted to basically ignore.

gliscor&yanmega

After watching a better quality of this episode, I must say things are looking good so far.

I like the new Opening even more, how they go from silhouettes to revealing the Pokemon that were shown. Looks very interesting. And it's a first for no humans being in there I think which is pretty interesting.

Jessie's Koromori seems pretty strong, able to beat Ash's Mamepato and stop Pikachu's moves. It did lose to Mijumaru quickly though.

I think this is the first time Jessie, James, and Meowth didn't blast off again. I did like them before this all, but I must say I like them even more. It seems they still bring some humor to the show(For me anyways) and that was my only concern, so they are perfect. I hope they stay the way they are, in the sense that they don't blast off anymore and are more successful with their job. Hopefully they wont have times when they are friendly to Ash, Iris, and Dento too, I didn't mind it before but that was when they were less "evil".

The only thing I don't like about Best Wishes so far is that it's so awesome. And what I mean by that is, because it's so awesome waiting for the next episodes will drive me insane lol. Although I have no problem with that, so long as they keep up the awesomeness in Best Wishes.

pokemonloverXD

Ash's fangirl
The op was nice so was the ep. TR was shown to have improved alot, Jessie's Koromori was definitely tough despite it had just been caught. Ash's Mamepato was shown to be quite a battler as well. Mijumaru = stalker but still it was super cute <3

Anyway, BW has a nice start, I enjoyed the first 2 ep alot, really can't wait 2 see more of this saga. If the writers keep up with the good job, no doubt BW will top DP

firepokemontrainer

The thing I got from the raw version was that Giovanni was telling the trio that the Isshu region had no other pokemon apart from those native to Isshu, so he didn't want them to attract attention with their foreign line up. Hence, he gave Jessie and James each 3 pokeballs.

As for the episode, I thought it was a pretty amusing episode that had the old Kanto feel. Ash leaving on his journey with Pikachu, after receiving 5 pokeballs and his Pokedex, and trying to catch pokemon that he sees right away. I noticed that when Iris and Ash were in the pokemon center, Ash referred to the Nurse as Joy. It was a very nice episode for being only the second in the entire series.