• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Enter Iris & Axew (661)

Wow! The anime has really improved. Team Rocket were actually "the bad guys" If Miju hadn't come, Team Rocket would have gotten away with stealing their pokemon.

Awesome episode...I'd give it a 9.5/10 :D

Just a question. Does anyone happen to know japanese?

Snegy

Doctor WHO?
So... I was wable to watch this subbed and here goes a list of things that (I think) haven't been told yet:

- Professor Oak: "Are you saying all this is happening (the system failure) because of that pokémon in the sky?" Oh, I can't decide, professor! LOL
- Pikachu recovers!
- Ash asks Pikachu to use Juuman Volts on him o_O
- And Volteccer! D:
- "I'm so happy you're recovered!", says Ash;
- Araragi: "I wonder if that was really the legendary pokémon, Zekrom". Oak: "It's something worth researching!"
- Ash: "There are many mysterious pokémon I don't know in this region...";
- At night, Ash tells his mother and the professor: "Hey, I'm leaving on a journey! I've made up my mind; I'll get to know this region and make many new partners!". Delia, laughing: "I knew it.";
- Ash: "I'll get to Isshus league. And I'm winning it!";
- Oak: "I'l take good care of all you pokémon at the lab. Don't worry about them!";
- Delia: "Pikachu, take good care of Ash!";
- Araragi to Ash, the other day: "The closer gym to this town is located at Sanyou city.";
- Delia: "Blablabla, did you get everything you need?" Ash: "Don't worry, I'm not a kid anymore". If he only aged... :p
- Delia: "I can't wait to know how much powerful he's become when we meet again.";
- Mijuuuu...
- Zukan on "Kibago": "Kibago, the tusk pokémon. It uses its tusks to hurt its foes; however, it can fight even without them.";
- Ash: "Even though it's a little different from the Zukan's description, I'll catch it!";
- ouch
- Iris: "WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?". Ash: "I was just trying to catch a pokémon." Iris: "Are you saying I'm a pokémon? Is there a pokémon with this face (points to her face and makes a cute expression) in you Zukan? Ò_ó". Ash " Err... Gomen". Iris "if you say you're sorry, then it's fine!". Uuuh... I miss outrageous Misty for the 3rd time. KIDDING! :D
- Iris: "PIKACHU? So cute! It's funny, I've always wanted to touch its cheeks... But, why? How can there be a Pikachu around here?".
- Back to Team Rocket. J & J say they're gonna take over Isshu and steal Pikachu and the legendary pokémon. Sakaki: "Legendary pokémon?". James: "Yes. And, for that, we'd like to get our pokémon, which we left in the quarter." Woman: "That's not necessary. If you use pokémon which are not natural from the Isshu region, you'll draw attention. To keep TR a secret, use new pokémon." Meowth, thinking to itself: "I wonder if I'll be fine". Sakaki: "I have great expectations on you". Jessie and James: "We can't disappoint him!";
- TR woman: "I wonder if they're gonna do it right" Giovanni: "I don't know, but once they start the plan, Isshu's secret organization will show themselves.";
- Zukan onShikijika: "Shikijika; the season pokémon. Sometimes, it can change collors, changing appearence with the seasons."
- Iris to Ash: "Are you a child? You don't understand anything. Before you catch it, you need to battle!" Ash: "That's right! Let's go, Pikachu!". Nice to see Ash was brain washed for the new series, huh? :D ... Right?
- Iris does something with Minezumi's name... Ash asked what pokémon was that and she says the name, but actually she called Ash silly. To Ash: "You really are a child." Yeah, he's been 10 year old for 10 years! :D
- Ash, after picking a fruit: "Is this eatable?" (does this word even exists? lol). Iris: "We've got our dinner!", after dropping all the apples (are they?) on Ash and Pikachu.;
- I hear music from the new games! They talk about how Pikachu couldn't use its attacks because of Zekrom. Iris: "I want to see it, too! I WANT TO SEE IT, I WANT TO SEE IT, I WANT TO SEE IT \o/ KIBA, KIBA \o/";
- Ash: "There are other legendaries in this region! Hm.. AIRISU?" Iris felll asleep. Apparently, Ash's tired of traveling around with so many gals and, the next day, is seen alone with Pikachu. Seems like he took advantage of Iris' sleep :p BUT WAIT, Ash asks: "I wonder where Iris went... She wasn't there when we woke up!" Sorry, Ash! :D "Well, doesn't matter. Let's do our best today!" Uuuuh :/
- Zukan on Mamepato: "Mamepato, the winged pokémon. Even though it sleeps a lot, sometimes it can be really noisy. It doesn't like shiny things."
- Iris, outta nowhere: "To become so happy just because you caught a Mamepato, you must really be a child."
- Team Rocket's new motto: "Jessie: we'll paint the future white with the evil's collor. James: we'll make justice in the black world. Meowth: we're gonna rule this land." "Entusiasm's destroyer, Jessie!" "The full-bad being, James!" "Infinity's resident, Meowth" "We are Team Rocket!" notice this is not a precise translation, since I translated from what was translated from japanese, but it may be close! Sushi, maybe you can help.
- Iris: "Team Rocket? What must me that?" Ash: "They're bad guys who want everybody's pokémon!"
- Iris to Meowth: "You're a Meowth, right? Why are you here? And how can you talk?" Meowth: "I'm a genius; I'm in a different level from other Meowths"
- Jessie: "Go, my new pokémon!" :D Iris: "That's a Koromori!" Meowth "I understand, its name is Koromori." Jessie: "Now isn't that a great name?!"
- At the pokémon center, Ash talks about how he came from Kanto and stuff, but the new nurse never says a word about her connections with Kanto's nurses... if there is one. And neither does Ash talk about how she's different from the others. Also, Iris never officially said she's going to travel with Ash.
- Iris: "You're kinda good. Even though you're still a child, I've changed my mind about you. Thanks for saving my Kibago." Ash: "No. If you're gonna say thanks, say it to Mijumaru. Right, Pikachu? But why did that Miju help us?"

Raichu:)

Fire Type Expert
I actually think that they have NO pokemon...

When they wanted to attack Ash, they sent out MEOWTH!!!

Theres no wabbufet in this episode do maybe ur right :eek:

Raichu:)

Fire Type Expert
lol

after reding the translation, i hope the old tr pokemon get to come bak coz i love wabbufet and mime jr. but maybe if they come back they will be well strong coz they been training at tr HQ. n james never got chimecho back... enyhu i like koromori

Super-Staff

Turnabout Pokemon
I don't get one thing, though. If Giovanni doesn't want JJ&M to attract attention with Pokemon from other regions, then...what about Meowth? He's a Kanto pokemon that hangs around outside its pokeball. :O Sure, he will probably disguise himself but still.

TicoPokemonMaster

Super Staff I watched the english subtitled episode and from what I got giovanni is using JJ&M as bait to attract Team Plasma out of hiding. Cuz according to the secretary the group they investigated in Isshu was unknown. Plus Giovanni blantenly said that when JJ&M attract attention for their action that is when the other Rockets would come to inflitrate.

megagodx

*discussion of subbed episodes removed. Remember guys, posting links to streaming or downloadable episodes(subbed or not) is against the rules!*

Things to note in this episode.

- Ash seems to have canonically forgotten all of his experiences throughout the previous four regions, as demonstrated by his lack of knowledge in catching Pokemon. This is theoretically done in this new series as a nexus for "resetting" the anime at its very core. It seems to "reintroduce" Ash and co.
- Team Rocket was shown to be more formidable (preferably to coincide with the start of a new series and to show off the prowess of their new Pokemon.)
- Team Rocket didn't "blast off", they fled using a smoke bomb. Who knows, retreating may serve as their new discourse of defeat. They didn't "blast off" in the previous episode either.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
Ash seems to have canonically forgotten all of his experiences throughout the previous four regions, as demonstrated by his lack of knowledge in catching Pokemon.
This is just how he is when he gets over excited about catching a Pokemon. The same thing happened with Treecko in Hoenn.

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
I finally saw this episode. It was nothing special to write home to write about really in my opinion. Mijumaru is adorable though!

Mayfan

Wh-hoo!
I LOVED this episode soooo much. Iris is awesome, and so is Mijumaru. Ash and his Mamepato lost to Jessie's Koromori... I can't believe it. I hope TR stays serious.

WHAT!? The end of the bike gag? The world will end now...

Ash's attempt to capture Shikijika = fail

Kibago's voice is freakin' adorable. I hope it stays that way in the English dub.

Yes! Stalker Mijumaru! Hope it doesn't evolve. Futachimaru'd be okay though.

This episode made me realize one thing:

I like them being a duo. I'll be sad when Dent joins :(

On with the usual business....
10/10 (WHAT!?)

Last edited:

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
I don't get one thing, though. If Giovanni doesn't want JJ&M to attract attention with Pokemon from other regions, then...what about Meowth? He's a Kanto pokemon that hangs around outside its pokeball. :O Sure, he will probably disguise himself but still.
It's quite simply because Meowth is an agent of Team Rocket rather than a Pokemon they use. As you said Meowth will be in disguise whenever they're in public without battling the twerps much like Jessie and James will as black uniforms with a large red R is going to attract attention too even if no one has heard of Team Rocket.

Cazak

When Wings Fly High
It's quite simply because Meowth is an agent of Team Rocket rather than a Pokemon they use. As you said Meowth will be in disguise whenever they're in public without battling the twerps much like Jessie and James will as black uniforms with a large red R is going to attract attention too even if no one has heard of Team Rocket.

Good point.

katfairy

So was it Ash or the writers who was slipped the Idiot Ball? I picked up on continuity goofs like Mr. I-Suddenly-Don't-Know-How-To-Catch-Pokemon-Anymore when I was the target age for this show, and pulling crap like that just insults the intelligence of even the most casual viewers of a show.

Iris seems interesting, at least, so I'll give it a chance. Hopefully the writers will remember that there are ways of introducing Ash to a new region that don't involve him regressing back to his clueless noob days. They did it in the Orange Islands, they did it in Johto, and the did it in Sinnoh. I don't know why they dropped the ball on Hoenn and here, but at least this region is already showing signs of being more interesting than the interminable Hoenn saga. And no May or Max, either, which puts it lightyears ahead already.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
So was it Ash or the writers who was slipped the Idiot Ball? I picked up on continuity goofs like Mr. I-Suddenly-Don't-Know-How-To-Catch-Pokemon-Anymore when I was the target age for this show, and pulling crap like that just insults the intelligence of even the most casual viewers of a show.

How in the world is Ash getting excited to capture Pokemon, "regressing him to his n00b days?" This has happened plenty of times when Ash sees a new Pokemon he has never seen before.

Iris seems interesting, at least, so I'll give it a chance. I don't know why they dropped the ball on Hoenn and here, but at least this region is already showing signs of being more interesting than the interminable Hoenn saga. And no May or Max, either, which puts it lightyears ahead already.

"Dropped the ball?" The Hoenn saga made it very obvious Ash was an experienced trainer, so I don't even know what you're talking about. As for your bizarre bias against May and Max, that is your issue, which thankfully is not shared by most. Do you even actually watch the show or do you pull BS reasons (mostly against Hoenn, for some reason? Did Hoenn emotionally scar you in some way?) out of thin air, katfairy? Just curious.

Last edited:

katfairy

No, it just bored the crap out of me. I found May and Max to be grating, Teams Aqua and Magma to be completely uninteresting, and the whole region felt like it took three times as long as Johto. (Yes, I know it didn't; it just felt like it.) I dropped the show in Hoenn and didn't start watching again until Sinnoh.

As for Ash acting like a noob- he threw a pokeball without even trying to battle the Pokemon. I don't care how exciting a new region is- and this is hardly the first new region he's been in- that's not just a rookie mistake, that's an I-just-started-my-first-journey-an-hour-ago mistake. Losing the battle against Rival was at least understandable; suddenly discovering Pikachu can't use Electric attacks had to be disconcerting. But Ash is an experienced trainer and traveler- there is no excuse for his screwing up that first attempt at a capture in that manner.