• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Enter Olivia! Cry and Laugh, Island Queen!! (974)

Spyro39

So Olivia likes to laugh and cry a lot, especially crying after learning about Litten's tragic backstory. Title sure describes her character perfectly.

Her clumsiness reminds me so much like Bianca and Mairin.

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
Its pretty impressive to watch a rock type fearlessly jump over the ocean to use an ability and then jump back.

I always got the idea that the "bubbling" move was going to be used once or a couple of times and then forgotten about. I think its good that the bubble seems to have more utility then was expected.

Navin

MALDREAD
Mal's Review - Sun&Moon Edition

Almost 3 months later, but finally!

Pros:

* +1 for Lycanroc, best doge

* Yay, teamwork

* Add Olivia to the group of endearing clumsy characters in this show

Cons:

(none)

Thoughts:

* How tf can they swim in the ocean that easily?

* How tf are they lifting a whale?

Finally off to a new island. How-to-Save-a-Whale was pretty much the episode.

3/10

Last ten episodes ratings: 8.5/3/3/4/4.5/3/4.5/7.5/3/5.5
Average of episodes 21-30: 4.65/10
Average of episodes 11-20: 4.95/10
Average of episodes 1-10: 6.6/10

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Has Olivia ever tried to wear flats....?

Lana is such a troll....

Why is everyone except Lana swimming in his or her clothes as though that's a perfectly normal thing....?

WHY is Ash asking about Nurse Joy GOD NO.

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
WHY is Ash asking about Nurse Joy GOD NO.
I feel like that's one thing everyone can agree on. Whether you love or hate the Sun & Moon anime as a whole... that moment was preposterously stupid. Like, literally anybody else saying that would have made more sense than Satoshi being the one confused.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Poor woman. She has been stripped of her quest to find a man, so now she's suddenly a whisperer of creatures who love her.

It's moments like asking Nurse Joy that question that makes Ash look dumber than One Piece's Luffy.

Vipsoccermaster

A fine debut for Olivia. Pokémon just appear to like Olivia overall.

Oh Lana, you, your humor, and a troll for others thinking Lugia is around.

Funny how Olivia is clumsy throughout the episode, then Lana explains it, and then Mallow remarks about it. Seriously, Mallow, how dense can you be about Oliva? Props to Lana and Sophocles for noticing.

Ash, really. Next time you see a different kind of Nurse Joy, don't repeat the same mistake, but of course the scriptwriters will make him do so.

Seeing Dragonair is nice here.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Olivia's dub VA is excellent. Not a fan of the jacket though, it ruins her design. I don't see why she had to change when everybody else is the same. They better not change a thing about Nanu.

Lana as annoying as ever.
Still wish we knew how Kiawe managed to beat Olivia with just a Turtonator. Considering her type advantage and all.
Bruxish finally got a role rather than just being background water type.
Stuck Wailmer.... hasn't this been done before?

Also, Ash's statement on Nurse Joy was BEYOND stupid. It was Ash using his Pokedex on Koffing in BW level of stupid! Why couldn't they have Lana, Mallow, or Lillie ask that? -_-

6/10

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Olivia's dub VA is excellent. Not a fan of the jacket though, it ruins her design. I don't see why she had to change when everybody else is the same. They better not change a thing about Nanu.
My assumption is that game Olivia is just a bit too sexy so they gave her a jacket to be safe. Nanu shouldn't have that problem.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen

Lana as annoying as ever.
Still wish we knew how Kiawe managed to beat Olivia with just a Turtonator. Considering her type advantage and all.
Bruxish finally got a role rather than just being background water type.
Stuck Wailmer.... hasn't this been done before?

Also, Ash's statement on Nurse Joy was BEYOND stupid. It was Ash using his Pokedex on Koffing in BW level of stupid! Why couldn't they have Lana, Mallow, or Lillie ask that? -_-

6/10

Kiawe's not dumb and he might not have won, just proved himself worthy (unless he said he beat her, but I havent actually seem the epsiode translated yet).

Ash's statement on Nurse Joy was really dumb though. Lillie should probably also know better even if she is sheltered, and Lana has personal experience with identical people given her whole family. Koawe lives on an entirely different island, so he also should have known. And Siphocles is about as smart as Lillie or smarter. Mallow would make the most sense making that mistake.

My assumption is that game Olivia is just a bit too sexy so they gave her a jacket to be safe. Nanu shouldn't have that problem.

Well, you're just incorrect there :p.

Ryu Taylor

Unwavering beliefs. Richter Taylor is my name now.
First question: who's voicing Olivia? Man, TPCi has made great VA picks for the Kahunas so far!

That sure was nice of her to humor Samson's awful joke. But the klutz comedy concerning her got old instantly. The episode was better whenever it focused on anything but that. Better an island whisperer than an island dullard. I hope that klutz comedy will be scaled back (or better yet, eliminated altogether) upon any appearance she makes in future episodes.

Considering Lycanroc didn't actually go into the water, I wonder if he has the buoyancy of an actual rock. I don't know; I've never been one to believe that Pokemon that are weak against water will be hurt by absolutely any exposure to it other than drinking it. Except for a few lines like the Slugmas and such, that is.

So, the soundtrack. Even though it was for a little while, it was nice to hear the Tapu Lele theme return. And Olivia has a nice theme to her, too. And you know what else? I have no problems with the maintained JP tracks. Every once in a while, Mima does make good music editing decisions, and it's nice to see those tracks in particular be the ones that get kept.

So except for that one recurring setback, this was a good episode. I hope the trip to Akala Island lasts a fair while.

Vipsoccermaster

First question: who's voicing Olivia? Man, TPCi has made great VA picks for the Kahunas so far!

That sure was nice of her to humor Samson's awful joke. But the klutz comedy concerning her got old instantly. The episode was better whenever it focused on anything but that. Better an island whisperer than an island dullard. I hope that klutz comedy will be scaled back (or better yet, eliminated altogether) upon any appearance she makes in future episodes.
Marisa Kennedy is voicing Olivia.

Olivia's clumsiness only happens two more times.

roguedr4g0nite

WishiWashi Trainer
Great episode but like everyone I have to agree the worst part of the episode was Ash asking about Nurse Joy. He had to explain to Serena in Kalos and now he makes the same mistake. The writers need to do a better job on being consistent with Ash's intelligence.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I was thoroughly entertained by Lychee's introduction in this episode. There was such a fantastic balance to her character since we saw her quirky side, yet she wasn't overtly irritating or extravagant, unlike most of SM's characters. Her helping the wild Hoeruko escape from Hagigishiri's trap was pretty cool, too.