• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Enter Rowlet! I Got A Pokémon in Alola!! (947)

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
That would a bit odd. We have already a recurring Pokemon in Litten. I doubt that there will be two recurring Pokemon at the same time.

Except Grubbin could already be a recurring pokemon if in fact it was the same one from episode 1.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Nothing says that we can't have two recurring Pokemon at the same time.

When has it happened last time that two recurring Pokemon ended as captures? It's clear that the opening was showing Ash's failed attempt. Has it ever happened before that Ash fails to catch a Pokemon in an episode and catches it in another episode?

Genaller

Silver Soul
Ash isn't catching Grubbin. It's quite clear now. The opening was just implying about Ash attempting to catch Grubbin.

Pikachu has always gotten reset (even in Johto) and has only been able to battle with its cumulative experience near the end of a saga. It's still to early to tell whether Ash has regressed skill wise. On the bright side, the guy teaching him is a champion lvl trainer (If Kukui keeps his in-game prowess), so this sort of makes it acceptable that Ash is in this "school" despite having multi-regional experience.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
That would a bit odd. We have already a recurring Pokemon in Litten. I doubt that there will be two recurring Pokemon at the same time.

Jigglypuff and Snubull.....
They both co-existed.
I really hope he doesn't catch Grubbin though, cause I'm worried he won't be aloud to bring it back to Oak's like Goodra

Janovy

Banned
I honestly don't like that Mimikyu went to Jessie at all, that was the perfect Pokemon for James :/
I would have felt the same hadn't the anime portrayed Mimikyu as this horrifying creature.

If it was a sweet, vulnerable Mimikyu, it definitely should have gone to James.

But this Mimikyu is far from sweet, so it going to Jessie doesn't bother me as much.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
They both co-existed.
I really hope he doesn't catch Grubbin though, cause I'm worried he won't be aloud to bring it back to Oak's like Goodra

Read my last post please. I meant two recurring Pokemon ending as captures.

Soniman

Break the Limit
The Rowlett episode was a lot better and my new favorite. First of all Rowlett is PRECIOUS and I LOVE its backstory of being some random adopted Pokemon in a flock of Pipeks and Toucannon acts like a gruff dad to him regardless, I thought that was so sweet. Also I enjoy its personality, being a little spacey and not very bright but does its best regardless, he’ll fit in perfectly with Ash! Speaking of this is also the first time we see Ash in a battle on his own and the general animation and dynamic angles and stuff seem pretty much on par with XY so that a relief. I almost thought that Grubbin was his and it nearly was until it got away haha, there’s always next time Ash boy.

My only complaint is that I REALLY don’t like how Mimikyu went to Jessie and not James, it just felt wrong to me. Mimikyu was even caught with a Luxury Ball which seems like a James thing to do but nope Jessie steals said ball from James to claim Mimikyu for herself, Bewear would’ve been much better for her :/

Great episode otherwise, look forward to Lady Lana next week

Captain America X

When has it happened last time? It's clear that the opening was showing Ash's failed attempt. Has it ever happened before that Ash fails to catch a Pokemon in an episode and catches it in another episode.

How was the opening showing Ash's failed attempt when the opening was showing Ash being succesful at catching it instead?So no it's not clear at all.

Neither of those two things have happened before but so what?By your logic Ash should have caught Pikipek,and Ash in Kalos should not have fully evolved Greninja,should not have fully evolved Talonflame because it beat it's evolved form as a Fletchinder,should not have 2 fully evolved dragon types, have a grass type and should not have a fully evolved team.

They both co-existed.

Why would Ash not be allowed to bring back Grubbin like Goodra . There's like nothing in common so far. You could make the same comment for all the Pokemon Ash eventually catches

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
How was the opening showing Ash's failed attempt when the opening was showing Ash being succesful at catching it instead?So no it's not clear at all.

Neither of those two things have happened before but so what?By your logic Ash should have caught Pikipek,and Ash in Kalos should not have fully evolved Greninja,should not have fully evolved Talonflame because it beat it's evolved form as a Fletchinder,should not have 2 fully evolved dragon types, have a grass type and should not have a fully evolved team.

Then I'll say that show me one instance where a attempted failed capture has ended up as a capture in another episode. And also remember that Grubbin wasn't shown in the scene where the main characters were walking by the sea.

Captain America X

Then I'll say that show me one instance where a attempted failed capture has ended up as a capture in another episode. And also remember that Grubbin wasn't shown in the scene where the main characters were walking by the sea.

....just because something has not happened before does not mean it can't happen now.Are you not reading my post or something or are you just trying to ignore that point.If your just gonna keep saying "it never happened before so it won't happen now" than there is no point continuing this lol.

Grubbin was showed after the main characters were walking at the sea so that could just imply him being caught after Litten.

Kamerovz

So, according to Rotom, Mimikyus hatred for Pikachu boosts his powers... Interesting concept and I hope to see some cool battles between them

Yep I hope so too, people who didn't understand Japanese were freaking out they hard reset-ed pikachu again even after I explained Rotom's entry for Mimikyu, might make TF intresting. I must admit though the new style the series has taken with more slap-stick comedy is actually fun to watch.

I just realised that the next 5 weeks are all about setting up characters, this episode was fine I wonder if they are just going to intro all the characters on a very entry level. Rowlett seems like a chikorita but probably showed more character in this episode than Chikorita ever did.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys

Um Dawn and Buneary?? She failed to capture one like 3 times before she finally caught it. Not Ash but still it has happened before.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
....just because something has not happened before does not mean it can't happen now.Are you not reading my post or something or are you just trying to ignore that point.If your just gonna keep saying "it never happened before so it won't happen now" than there is no point continuing this lol.

Grubbin was showed after the main characters were walking at the sea so that could just imply him being caught after Litten.

Well then you can believe as you want of course. But I personally don't think it will happen. The writers could've just had Grubbin captured in this episode if they wanted to give Ash a Grubbin, that is my opinion. I don't see the point of delaying the capture like this.

Genaller

Silver Soul
Well then you can believe as you want of course. But I personally don't think it will happen. The writers could've just had Grubbin captured in this episode if they wanted to give Ash a Grubbin, that is my opinion. I don't see the point of delaying the capture like this.

Krookodile?

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Well, Ash didn't attempt to capture Krookodile earlier, it had a rivalry with Ash.

Um read my post, Dawn and Buneary.

I hate this it's never happened before crap that keeps getting bought up. The writers consistentry destory patterns each new region and still this point gets brought up.