• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Enter Rowlet! I Got A Pokémon in Alola!! (947)

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
really nice episode, but that toucannon reminds me WAY too much of froot loops (even though i've never eaten them lol). also rowlet is adorable.

and i guess they're showcasing how trainers other than protagonists can use non-standard pokeballs now. cool seeing mimikyu get caught with a luxury ball.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
When has it happened last time that two recurring Pokemon ended as captures? It's clear that the opening was showing Ash's failed attempt. Has it ever happened before that Ash fails to catch a Pokemon in an episode and catches it in another episode?
Oshawott and Krokorok were both re-occurring Pokemon that Ash captured

DotKU

Champion
I LOVE ROWLET!!!!! The poor little guy was doing his best to do his thing but was just unlucky, I'm glad it's going to go places with Ash. Mimikyu is a cool pokemon I've been using in the games, so it sort of sucks its with TR. But I like the Bewear thing with TR, if it joins I hope it is James'. The trolling going off with Grubbin though haha, it might be the new Dunsparce.

CelebiAS

- So Mallow is the main PokeGirl this season. Good.
- Please carry on with Bewear dragging TR away.
- Jessie stealing the Luxury Ball and claiming Mimikyu for herself actually fits her personality, she is more often than not the real evil in TR.
- Rotom was great in both episodes.
- A little bit more Lana, that's nice.
. I really like that lots of Pokemon don't just say their names. The dub will ruin that so I won't even bother. Rockruff barking is the most adorable thing.
- Is Samson Oak the best character in the entire show y/y.
- Rowlet's backstory was good and the pat on the back of its (will we know its gender? going for female and having a Bayleef type of relationship with Ash) dad was a nice nod.
- I know, I know, this was ep 03 but as the specials will stop now I will be going back to normal and just talk about the on-topic episode:

Meowth's fantasy on Lopunny, Glaceon (there are better pokewaifus but ok...) and Gardevoir. Wow.

Last edited:

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I had a feeling that Ash wasn't catching that Grubbin. While I chose Popplio in Moon, if I ever get Sun, Rowlet is it. This episode made Rowlet seem so adorable.

I never really cared for Mimikyu but I was surprised that it went to Jessie instead of James. I guess like a previous poster said, this Mimikyu was kinda vicious so it fit with Jessie.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Rowlet is absolutely adorable. I love its backstory: even though it was the odd one out in the flock, it tried its hardest to fit in, and the Pikipek, Trumbeak, and Toucannon accepted it, anyway (despite its apparent airheadedness :p ).

However, the pinnacle of cuteness was Rowlet's interactions with Ash - from its happy cooing when Ash was petting it, to it snatching the watermelon and completely ignoring Ash trying to entice it into being caught, to it burrowing in Ash's backpack. I liked the realistic touch of Rowlet's talons actually hurting Ash's bare arm (and Ash, being Ash, just bearing the pain). It was sweet that Ash was willing to give up on catching Rowlet, even though he so badly wanted to, because he saw how happy it was with its family. That's the loving, caring Ash I like. Even better, Toucannon encouraged Rowlet to go with Ash - a parent encouraging its child to leave the nest and go out on its own. No wonder Ash looked like he was about to explode from happiness!

Rotom's reaction to the unorthodox capture was hilarious. I can't decide if this thing is going to entertain me or get on my nerves. I wasn't too fond of how it interrupted Mallow to show off its knowledge of Bounsweet. :/

I'm glad I'm not the only one who was bothered by the fact Jessie caught Mimikyu with a Luxury Ball she stole from James (and after he begged her not to use it, too). However, given how vicious this Mimikyu is, I have to say it's the perfect Pokémon for a woman like Jessie.

I don't know how Pikachu can struggle against a Grubbin. This is too much in my opinion. Mimikyu, well maybe that still can be accepted, but Grubbin?

Lillie got in the way of Pikachu's Quick Attack - which no doubt threw Pikachu off his game a bit - and then Grubbin grabbed Pikachu's leg with Stringshot and literally slammed him into the ground.

Speaking of which, I liked the realistic (for lack of a better word) touch to battles. For instance, when Grubbin's Stringshot missed Pikachu, it almost hit Ash. Then, when Grubbin next tried Stringshot, it narrowly missed hitting Kiawe and Mallow. I don't recall often seeing the humans get caught up in a Pokémon battle, so that was nice to see.

DotKU

Champion
i loved the remix of the "welcome to alola" theme that played when ash catches rowlet

Yeah I agree! I think it fit pretty well in the end. I wonder if it's going to be used like the Kalos Hall of Fame theme at the end of a lot of the episodes.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I loved that Rowlet was the odd one in the family yet its parents still loved it. Maybe someone's egg dropped in their nest. Rowlet was extra cute this episode! Can't believe the lady let it keep her wind chime, Rowlet mistaken it for a berry and speaking of which...

Bounsweet does NOT mess around! :D Their exchange was hilarious! I can see a pairing forming...
Nurse Joy is really nice, I'm glad she doesn't have the slightly high pitched voice that she usually does. It sounds a bit more assertive but gentle and assuring. Poor Mimikyu & James! Mimikyu forced to be caught and Jessie not caring about James' new collection. At least they're using new Pokeballs. I loved their small hug the TRio shared once Meowth was out of his terrifying dream. Bewear is such a nice host! :)

Another battle between Mimikyu and Pikachu. Very exciting indeed. I guess another gag has be form: Mimikyu generating its hatred in one Shadowball only for it to never go off. TR looks better here. Loved their bit of Bewear's honey.

Ash's final exchange with Rowlet was sweet, like Rowlet's final push to be with Ash was the supportive push from its parents. They look so happy together!! And the snapshots!! :3 Wonder why Mao chan was there just to not back up Pikachu or say much.

Rowlet being in a family of Pikpek trolls the Ash gets the regional bird Pokémon pattern! Score one for us who didn't want Ash to get Pikpek! (No offense)

Last edited:

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Bounsweet does NOT mess around! :D Their exchange was hilarious! I can see a pairing forming...

I really liked that, as well. Even funnier, Rowlet tried three times to snatch away Bounsweet as though it were a piece of fruit, and each time Bounsweet sent Rowlet spiraling away. I wonder if that might become a running gag now that Rowlet is Ash's.

satoharupika said:
Ash's final exchange with Rowlet was sweet, like Rowlet's final push to be with Ash was the supportive push from its parents. They look so happy together!! And the snapshots!! :3 Wonder why Mao chan was there just to not back up Pikachu or say much.

It seemed Mallow was just there to spectate. I'm a little surprised she didn't participate in the battle against Team Rocket, but perhaps she isn't much of a battler. Also, it gave us a chance to see Ash alone, and that was nice. I did like how he and Pikachu provided a distraction so Rowlet could free the other birds.

DatsRight

I really liked that, as well. Even funnier, Rowlet tried three times to snatch away Bounsweet as though it were a piece of fruit, and each time Bounsweet sent Rowlet spiraling away. I wonder if that might become a running gag now that Rowlet is Ash's.

It seemed Mallow was just there to spectate. I'm a little surprised she didn't participate in the battle against Team Rocket, but perhaps she isn't much of a battler. Also, it gave us a chance to see Ash alone, and that was nice. I did like how he and Pikachu provided a distraction so Rowlet could free the other birds.

It is common for the show's characters to forget they can intervene in unofficial villain battles (or break other rules like use more than one Pokemon) when the writers want it suspenseful. It might have worked plot wise if they hadn't shown Bounsweet owning Rowlet three times over, showing it and Mallow were far from defenceless.

I admit I liked the part with Ash knowing he was crossing a line separating Rowlet from his family and wanting to leave them together (Rowlet was 'adopted' too, so Ash just understood the bond when he saw it). This hasn't been looked into much in the show, Pokemon having families and pasts in the wild and trainers breaking it all up by capturing them. Ash has taken another big step in truly caring about Pokemon in an exceptional way.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who was bothered by the fact Jessie caught Mimikyu with a Luxury Ball she stole from James (and after he begged her not to use it, too). However, given how vicious this Mimikyu is, I have to say it's the perfect Pokémon for a woman like Jessie.

In fairness maintaining his collection seemed trivial when they were being held hostage by a giant bear Pokemon at that point. Jessie wanted some muscle to escape. At first anyway.

Thinking about that, it does make sense. Mimikyu going to James made more sense if it was the lonesome little thing used in the game promos, but it seems detached from that. Thus far anyway. Maybe Bewear will go to James if the running gag comes to an end at some point. It does seem as playful and friendly as his usual roster...if a bit forceful about it.

Actually that would make an interesting play on the two's usual types. Jessie usually gets the big intimidating muscle of the group while James gets the affectionate 'baby' Pokemon. Here, perhaps Jessie will get the vicious mini-brute while James will get the affectionate big lug Pokemon.

Last edited:

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
The owl was just too damn adorable! Toucannon so early in was a bit surprising, but it was the perfect reflection of a parent.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
so Lille was responsible for Pikachu getting hurt.

I hope Rowlet's behavior doesn't stop it from evolving. I won't deny that it's cute though.

I wonder indeed where TR got that Luxury ball from, cause i'm reminded of that "tom and jerry" pokeball factory episode from Kalos where Meowth almost got caught in one of those by Pikachu.

Magicknight94

I have the feeling that we are getting too much Electric-type. Pikachu, Togedemaru, that electrical bug, Tapu Koko. That Mimikyu can use electric-type move too.

Mia Blaze

I'mma gonna Deku in the face, Kacchan
Rowlet is sooooooo adorable! I'm so glad it ended up as a team member, although that had been pretty much confirmed anyway.

We have no gender yet guys so specualtion of what it really is can commence. Rowlet seems like the Chimchar of this series *If we are comparing to DP in the form of starter collection with that trailer about Litten going around* Loyal, loving with a unusual backstory for a starter Pokemon, it also seems to love being in Ash's bag which will make a cute continuing action which will turn funny when it tries if it evolves into Dartrix.

Overall, looking forwards to see what that bundle of feather has to offer.

SkittleBox

Fanfiction writer
Nice episode! Can we just take a moment to talk about how freaking adorable Rowlet was? I love this thing to death! I want to see more of it!

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Damn all I can say is Rowlett is adorable, I was thinking that the whole episode.

These were two enjoyable episode, even the fact that I want TR out of the anime once and for all didn't bother me here, since the gag with the bear was actually funny.

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
i like rowlet more than greninja tbh. that thing is so cute holy s***. also i loved the remix of the alola pokemon center theme, gives off the tropical vibe of alola.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Rowlet is adorable; I hope it stays in this form and becomes the new Oshawott.
It'd be funny if this is how Team Rocket will blast off all the time now; when they're about to win and then dragged away by Bewear lol