• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Enter Rowlet! I Got A Pokémon in Alola!! (947)

DatsRight

Because her first episode had her very active and hr Bounsweet showed a lot of strength from the get-go, whereas Serena's Fennekin almost never fought for real

Fennekin shown a lot of strength from the get-go by saving Serena from a Vespiquen, just after that she never really elevated to being able to take on a target that, you know, didn't run or go down in one move. Even the one time Meowth resisted her she looked screwed. It took till her VERY last battle to take on a developed two sided match with an active opponent, and even there she was clearly the weaker Pokemon. The sad thing was that was still probably the best track record out of Serena's Pokemon.

I don't know what they're going to do with Mallow and the others (though I at least thought it was weird even Kaiwe didn't intervene the last episode, we KNOW he has battle experience and is pretty no nonsense about swatting annoyances away), but I hope they're not going to spend the entire series just doing nothing or not developing past managing little cheap shots, especially if the show is still going to always force them into the middle of Rocket/Skull face-offs like they did Serena. Unless a Pokemon is forced into her ownership, I can sadly see Lillie ending up the load or a damsel in distress a lot of times.

It would be interesting if not every TR face-off was a battle per se and had the heroes stop them through their own little talents and scenarios though. That would be a cool way to dilute the repetition.

Last edited:

Abzu

Well I must say the episode was good and that Rowlet is a great Pokemon with great personality :3

Yeah I see him as a great partner for Ash and is also adorable...

Well I Like how Ash and Mao interacted, also she managed to spend a whole episode alone with Ash... Serena didn't managed that feat XD

JCW18

Go, Explotaro!
Still trying to figure out how this turned into a Serena hate thread... She is gone, and she kissed Ash. She may or may not come back. Get over it people.

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
Still trying to figure out how this turned into a Serena hate thread... She is gone, and she kissed Ash. She may or may not come back. Get over it people.

Eh not anymore

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
I don't know how Pikachu can struggle against a Grubbin. This is too much in my opinion. Mimikyu, well maybe that still can be accepted, but Grubbin?
Its notable that Grubbin is not a Caterpie equivalent, its base stats are actually only 20 less than Pikachu's (not that that matters in the anime of course).

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Maybe we'll have Rowlet have a crush on Bounsweet, although Bounsweet giving off aromatic smells might just be a quirk it has.

I also like how Team Rocket are yet to officially lose. Like they might actually be competent, if silly.

Last edited:

Mr. Guy

Banned
Is that Trumbeak supposed to be the other parent (mother since Toucannon's voice is too deep for a female), or the eldest child?

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash

Everyone hates her on here just because she wasn't treated similar to their precious Misty, May, and Dawn and because of shipping.

Anyways I'm wondering if the emotional moment before Ash catches Rowlet is some foreshadowing to its release at the end of a series?

Last edited:

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Anyways I'm wondering if the emotional moment before Ash catches Rowlet is some foreshadowing to its release at the end of a series?

Oh, sweet Tapu Koko, that had better not be some kind of foreshadowing to its release. :eek: Ash, don't release your owl!

DatsRight

Everyone hates her on here just because she wasn't treated similar to their precious Misty, May, and Dawn and because of shipping.

We're just hoping the companion squad don't get treated similar to her or the kid companions in the action department of things. They might actually be worse. We've had two TR face-offs where they just stand there and have Ash do everything.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll

A lot of fans also like her because of shipping like me. I always root for Ash and so if any female companion shows as much care and affection for him as Serena did, I would like her the most.

Anyway that's off topic. I don't know how Ash and co. will match up with TR initially when they have that powerful Mimikyu.

Last edited:

DatsRight

Rotomdex is tolerable for me, though I can see it getting old really fast. Same for some of the other running gags here. They're good in these episodes but if they spam them for so long they'll likely become irritating.

DatsRight

Anyway that's off topic. I don't know how Ash and co. will match up with TR initially when they have that powerful Mimikyu.

There's FIVE of them and all but Lillie have at least one Pokemon each. As powerful as Mimikyu is, I think it would be outmatched if they all had the brain cells to just outnumber it. Wobbuffet might make it a bit more difficult, but TR need to have the brain cells to use him too.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
There's FIVE of them and all but Lillie have at least one Pokemon each. As powerful as Mimikyu is, I think it would be outmatched if they all had the brain cells to just outnumber it. Wobbuffet might make it a bit more difficult, but TR need to have the brain cells to use him too.

Kiawe and his Turtonator can easily defeat Mimikyu in the series before Ash becomes competent enough to defeat Mimikyu.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Aww, Rowlet's face when Ash decided to leave him with his family. Seriously he is so cute <3!!!!

SkittleBox

Fanfiction writer
Aww, Rowlet's face when Ash decided to leave him with his family. Seriously he is so cute <3!!!!

And Rowlet's face with his new family (Ash)?

Seriously, I need twenty of these things shipped to my house right now. I love this thing to bits!

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Now that Ash has a bird, we have an excuse not to get the generic bird. I detest Toucannon, thanks for asking