• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Enter Rowlet! I Got A Pokémon in Alola!! (947)

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
The more I see people loving how cute Rowlett is...

The more I fear it will never evolve.

I don't see it not evolving all the way. Decidueye was pretty well received from what I could gather.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Now that Ash has a bird, we have an excuse not to get the generic bird. I detest Toucannon, thanks for asking

I figured Toucannon simply showing up in episode 4 was enough for ash to never catch one.

In fact the whole Pikipek line showing up at once might make it even less likely

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Because her first episode had her very active and hr Bounsweet showed a lot of strength from the get-go, whereas Serena's Fennekin almost never fought for real
There's only so much they could cram into 30 minutes. Between the segment with Litten, Ash's battle with Grubbin, introducing Comfey at the Pokémon Center, Team Rocket's segments, giving a backstory for Rowlet with the Pikipek flock, & Ash catching Rowlet, it's understandable that Mallow was more or less in the sidelines for this episode

Greneuliest808

Future Graduate
I don't see it not evolving all the way. Decidueye was pretty well received from what I could gather.

To be very honest with you, I would love to see Rowlet fully evolve. I think Decidueye's design looks sick!

I figured Toucannon simply showing up in episode 4 was enough for ash to never catch one.

In fact the whole Pikipek line showing up at once might make it even less likely

I feel like this would be the first region where Ash does not catch the regional bird. Heck, XY has broken many patterns, so why not break more patterns.

wandiong

next eps :

lana daydreaming about ash got kyogre.. hope it went real so another mech (ash didnt catch legendary pokemon) is being broke again XD

but still this eps is surely had so many pattern break

lets say TR which usually loses against ash. but this time is par (thanks to mimikyu) or even loses

did you guys love how they broke blasting off mech into being captured mech ?

im personally loved it. since im getting bored already by that old blasting off mechs

Last edited:

Greneuliest808

Future Graduate
next eps :

lana daydreaming about ash got kyogre.. hope it went real so another mech (ash didnt catch legendary pokemon) is being broke again XD

but still this eps is surely had so many pattern break

lets say TR which usually loses against ash. but this time is par (thanks to mimikyu) or even loses

did you guys love how they broke blasting off mech into being captured mech ?

im personally loved it. since im getting bored already

It is different this time around, so that's nice. Would Team Rocket (especially James) catch Bewear though as their team member? If they do, then it's back to Team Rocket blasting off and saying "This feels bad!"

wandiong

It is different this time around, so that's nice. Would Team Rocket (especially James) catch Bewear though as their team member? If they do, then it's back to Team Rocket blasting off and saying "This feels bad!"

pls dont. i will miss how bewear kidnap them after time is come :'(

Greneuliest808

Future Graduate
pls dont. i will miss how bewear kidnap them after time is come :'(

I do like Bewear's character though, so if Team Rocket does not catch Bewear, I wonder how Bewear would be able to kidnap Team Rocket again when they are out of the forest.

phanpycross

God-king
This episode was so good that I entirely forgot about writing my thoughts on it:

-Rowlet is just the cutest god-damn thing ever. I loved it's backstory both being sad and comedic, and it being loving, a clutz, and a glutton makes me excited for it's interactions with Litten and Ash's other pokemon.

-Toucannon looks really constipated, I cant see Ash with one.

-I dont see the big deal with Rotom-dex; it's only the second episode, and people are already wanting to throw it on the bonfire.

9/10

Aleh

«Last Hope»
Rowlet is the cutest thing to ever grace the Pokémon anime. I almost don't even want it to evolve...

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Rowlet is the cutest thing to ever grace the Pokémon anime. I almost don't even want it to evolve...

But I want it to fully evolve as I feel Ash needs a strong Pokemon in Alola like Decidueye and it would be Ash's first Ghost type. I don't want another Oshawott with Rowlet.

seraphii

Yes I want rowlet to evolve. Think this would be the first time ash can have a ghost type starter and also one that can fly and have some form of air combat or mid air arrow shot (although he lost the flying type, but decidueye looked more flyable then other bird starters). An archer themed pokemon can bring a whole refreshing style of fighting to the anime and it would be so marketable.

If rowlet is for some weird reason not going to become decidueye, I rather he stays as rowlet then dartrix. Rowlet is too darn cute and adorable, I think he exceeds the cuteness of Pikachu already.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Yes I want rowlet to evolve. Think this would be the first time ash can have a ghost type starter and also one that can fly and have some form of air combat or mid air arrow shot (although he lost the flying type, but decidueye looked more flyable then other bird starters). An archer themed pokemon can bring a whole refreshing style of fighting to the anime and it would be so marketable.

If rowlet is for some weird reason not going to become decidueye, I rather he stays as rowlet then dartrix. Rowlet is too darn cute and adorable, I think he exceeds the cuteness of Pikachu already.

Well Decidueye looks pretty much perfect with Ash. Though after seeing this episode I have to agree that Rowlet is the cutest Pokemon Ash ever had after Pikachu, I personally prefer powerful and badass Pokemon over the cute ones.

Nightslushie

i like rowlet more than greninja tbh. that thing is so cute holy s***. also i loved the remix of the alola pokemon center theme, gives off the tropical vibe of alola.

I love rowlett, too, but greninja will still hold a place. Hopefully we get to see him later in the season.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
I kinda noticed static background "returned" for 5-6 seconds when Grubbin hit Pikachu in the cheek...
I think static background was just there..I just hope it doesn't spread in episodes entirely. I wouldn't mind seeing 10-15 seconds of static background per episode, while rest of it is actually live background.

Janovy

Banned
What move did Rowlet use to cut the net? The one where it's feet glow?
Scratch, perhaps? The only Rowlet's move that was actually named in this episode is Leafage.