• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Enter Rowlet! I Got A Pokémon in Alola!! (947)

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Um read my post, Dawn and Buneary.

I hate this it's never happened before crap that keeps getting bought up. The writers consistentry destory patterns each new region and still this point gets brought up.

Well, maybe the pattern can break. But I'm saying that it looks unlikely to me.

MasterTobias

Pikachu has always gotten reset (even in Johto) and has only been able to battle with its cumulative experience near the end of a saga. It's still to early to tell whether Ash has regressed skill wise. On the bright side, the guy teaching him is a champion lvl trainer (If Kukui keeps his in-game prowess), so this sort of makes it acceptable that Ash is in this "school" despite having multi-regional experience.
If i remember correctly ash learnt of the island trials after already enrolling to school for some reason they skipped over.Which makes it extremely weird and out of character that ash went to school just so he could go to school.
I almost thought that Grubbin was his and it nearly was until it got away haha, there’s always next time Ash boy.
Speaking of next time i am still waiting for that dunsparse capture.....

Captain America X

Well then you can believe as you want of course. But I personally don't think it will happen. The writers could've just had Grubbin captured in this episode if they wanted to give Ash a Grubbin, that is my opinion. I don't see the point of delaying the capture like this.

Or maybe they wanted Rowlet to be Ash's first capture and alao give Grubbin it's own focus episode later.

Ash has already shown interest in Grubbin twice(chasing it fown in one episode and battlinh and almost catching it in another).I somehow doubt they are just gonna drop it like that.Ash is either gonna catch it or it's gonna be a recurring Pokemon Ash fails to catch.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Or maybe they wanted Rowlet to be Ash's first capture and alao give Grubbin it's own focus episode later.

Ash has already shown interest in Grubbin twice(chasing it fown in one episode and battlinh and almost catching it in another).I somehow doubt they are just gonna drop it like that.Ash is either gonna catch it or it's gonna be a recurring Pokemon Ash fails to catch.

Maybe Grubbin is the next Dunsparce LOL.

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
Pikachu kind of got bopped by Grubbin, but can't blame him as Lillie got in his way when he did quick attack, which was just enough for Grubbin to throw out a counter-attack.

Damn that Mimikyu is powerful. Too bad this will probably be the last time it will look this powerful.

If Rowlet being inside Ash's bag is going to become a recurring theme, then his chance of evolution diminished quite a bit. The writers could always just throw it away, but they seemed to put a lot of emphasis on it.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Pikachu kind of got bopped by Grubbin, but can't blame him as Lillie got in his way when he did quick attack, which was just enough for Grubbin to throw out a counter-attack.

Damn that Mimikyu is powerful. Too bad this will probably be the last time it will look this powerful.

If Rowlet being inside Ash's bag is going to become a recurring theme, then his chance of evolution diminished quite a bit. The writers could always just throw it away, but they seemed to put a lot of emphasis on it.

I don't know how Pikachu can struggle against a Grubbin. This is too much in my opinion. Mimikyu, well maybe that still can be accepted, but Grubbin?

Last edited:

Genaller

Silver Soul
If i remember correctly ash learnt of the island trials after already enrolling to school for some reason they skipped over.Which makes it extremely weird and out of character that ash went to school just so he could go to school.
Speaking of next time i am still waiting for that dunsparse capture.....

Yeah true that's why I said "sort of". It still feels more acceptable that someone of Ash's experience is being taught by someone who is potentially a champion lvl trainer as opposed to just any regular professor.

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master

That's like saying Goomy won't evolve because it likes to gloop on Ash's ear. Suffice to say, it depends on how popular the final form Decidueye is in Japan. Should it gain Greninja-popularity, Rowlet's chances are higher than ever before.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Ya'll need to stop assuming Grubbin level 5 seriously unevolved and early on doesn't mean weak.

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
I should also note that this Rowlet's personality is not a Piplup/Oshawott/Chespin type. It seems to be very spacey and passive, too passive that comedic glory attention seeker that you would see in previous un-evolved starters. It reminds me more of a Caterpie kind of character, or even Chimchar to a small extent. It really wants to be loved but is always the runt of the flock. And Ash pretty much the human who gave it kindness that it doesn't really have prior.

So what better way to show growth than to have Rowlet evolve?

Also, it seems that the starters are not distributed as such, being already owned or living in the wilds, a polar opposite of XY where all the starters the main characters have are from Sycamore's Lab.

Janovy

Banned
They could have Rowlet evolve, and then have Dartrix trying to fit itself into Ash's backpack. I'd love to see that.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
If Rowlet evolves he's going to break the bag lol.

I liked the episode. Was fun. Did not expect the entire Pikapek line though.

DatsRight

Not a bad intro for Ash's first Pokemon, Rowlet has a cute personality (though I expect it to all disappear if it evolves :p).

Team Rocket seem to be an interesting balance here. They're complete buffoons, but they're getting hold of Pokemon that are genuine demons. Unless Bewear snatching them is permanently taking over the blasting off running gag, I'm expecting it to be caught eventually too (though I guess we know what TR's home base is in this new setup, huh?).

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
The Rowlett episode was a lot better and my new favorite. First of all Rowlett is PRECIOUS and I LOVE its backstory of being some random adopted Pokemon in a flock of Pipeks and Toucannon acts like a gruff dad to him regardless, I thought that was so sweet. Also I enjoy its personality, being a little spacey and not very bright but does its best regardless, he’ll fit in perfectly with Ash! Speaking of this is also the first time we see Ash in a battle on his own and the general animation and dynamic angles and stuff seem pretty much on par with XY so that a relief. I almost thought that Grubbin was his and it nearly was until it got away haha, there’s always next time Ash boy.

My only complaint is that I REALLY don’t like how Mimikyu went to Jessie and not James, it just felt wrong to me. Mimikyu was even caught with a Luxury Ball which seems like a James thing to do but nope Jessie steals said ball from James to claim Mimikyu for herself, Bewear would’ve been much better for her :/

Great episode otherwise, look forward to Lady Lana next week
This basically sums up my thoughts as well. I felt bad for Rowlet in the beginning though :( But it got redemption in the end!

Also, Toucannon for some reason made me want some Fruit Loops. Lol @ Bewear basically trolling TR, that was funny. :p

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Ash isn't catching Grubbin. It's quite clear now. The opening was just implying about Ash attempting to catch Grubbin.

It's not clear. Lmao.
Ash can literally encounter it again and catch it.Seeing how they will be on this island quite some time, Ash can see it again and capture it 100% second time.
BTW they could easily edit the opening. They did that since BW.

Last edited:

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Since when did james get a Luxury Ball? First time that they used something besides a Pokeball, since Johto i think.

Love the Bewear Dragging TR away thing as well so far.

Also Rowlet = Dedenne :p

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Since when did james get a Luxury Ball? First time that they used something besides a Pokeball, since Johto i think.

Love the Bewear Dragging TR away thing as well so far.

Also Rowlet = Dedenne :p

Dedenne wasn't a starter mon :) I expect Rowlet to get actual development :)