• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Enter Rowlet! I Got A Pokémon in Alola!! (947)

Everything12

The emotions coming from Ash when he decided to leave Rowlet with its family is definitely one of the biggest things I missed from XY and is one of the best parts of what makes Pokemon what is. When I think about the best parts of the series I put emotional scenes like Butterfree's release above the battles in XYZ any day of the week.

Also when was the last time Ash caught a Pokemon through battle and not friendship.

Last edited:

Soniman

Break the Limit
The emotions coming from Ash when he decided to leave Rowlet with its family is definitely one of the biggest things I missed from XY and is one of the best parts of what makes Pokemon what is. When I think about the best parts of the series I put emotional scenes like Butterfree's release above the battles in XYZ any day of the week.

Also when was the last time Ash caught a Pokemon through battle and not friendship.

Fletchling, and technically Hawlucha

SkittleBox

Fanfiction writer

I did like Ash's reaction, and I'm liking all the emotions put into not only this episode, but the whole series so far. I really missed this in XY(Z).

As for the question, I'm not sure. Maybe XY?

snorlax512

Ash release Goodra and Greninja?
Ash-Greninja depression arc?
Volt montage of XY gang adventures as they part ways?

XY had plenty of emotions imo

Soniman

Break the Limit

But the characters werent funny or made exaggerated faces all the time, so that means it had no emotions

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!

Eh those are some of the few who were legit emotional, many of the others lsot their emotional iipact since they were forced
But we're going off-topic here so just stop

Jason3b93

Wonderful episode. I think it's safe to say that James will caught that Bewear eventually.

Also, Mallow is really the main pokegirl or will they switch which companion will get more screentime? For example, next episode may be Lana and Ash, then Sophocles and Ash, then Lillie and Ash and so it goes... I believe they will switch the focus week to week, but Mallow will be the main side character. It's a shame, I'm in love with Lillie in the games hehe

So, Pikachu reseted, right? It's not a full reset like BW, but Ash and Pikachu are losing every battle until now.

And God, Rowlet is cute. I still think Ash will catch that Litten though.

Janovy

Banned
Be honest.

Y'all did a double-take when Bewear was giving Jessie Honey.
That scene was so weird lol.

I mean, a pedobear-looking creature kidnapping young adults and feeding them some strange liquid?

Ace Kenshader

Dreaming sexy
Damn that Mimikyu is powerful. Too bad this will probably be the last time it will look this powerful.

If Rowlet being inside Ash's bag is going to become a recurring theme, then his chance of evolution diminished quite a bit. The writers could always just throw it away, but they seemed to put a lot of emphasis on it.

I suspect that what will make Mimikyu beatable is it's unpredictability. From the two episodes so far it doesn't seem like the kind of Pokemon that will listen to it's trainer, even though it's captured.

As for Rowlet's chances at evolution, I don't think so. Sure Rowlet does love being inside Ash's bag, but I will admit it would be pretty funny for Dantrix to try and squeeze itself into Ash's bag XD.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I expect the group will grow to be pretty annoyed with Rotomdex later on. Not in the sense of 'I want to beat it with a stick and burn it' but more as when Rotomdex enjoys being the one to cut people off and be a know-it-all, I can see Ash or someone else cutting Rotomdex off and saying, "Yeah, yeah, we get it already."

I really liked seeing Rotomdex panic and malfunction 'do not compute' mode. Seeing unorthandox methods being used broaden its knowledge and messes up its self perfectionist ways. I just want Rotomdex to be able to protect itself and others. It reminding you that it's also a Pokémon should give you a hint in meaning that it can use moves like Thunderbolt.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Also, Mallow is really the main pokegirl or will they switch which companion will get more screentime? For example, next episode may be Lana and Ash, then Sophocles and Ash, then Lillie and Ash and so it goes... I believe they will switch the focus week to week, but Mallow will be the main side character. It's a shame, I'm in love with Lillie in the games hehe

It does look like Mallow is going to be the one closest to Ash, which doesn't surprise me given her debut and how similar the two of them seem. However, I do want each classmate to get his or her own focus episode with Ash. It looks like we'll get that with Lana next week, but I also want that for Lillie, Kiawe, Mallow, and Sophocles.

So, Pikachu reseted, right? It's not a full reset like BW, but Ash and Pikachu are losing every battle until now.

I don't think Pikachu was reset. IMHO, Pikachu struggled into those battles because of the circumstances, not because of his strength or power. In the battle against Grubbin, Lillie got in the way of Pikachu's Quick Attack, which threw him off his game just long enough for Grubbin to grab Pikachu's leg with Stringshot and slam him into the ground. Mimikyu appears to be a very strong Pokémon (in part due to its hatred of Pikachu), and it's a different kind of opponent. It looked like Pikachu kept getting caught off guard.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Rowlet joins the gang! This admittedly is the one thing I hoped for in SM, since I wasn't expecting much from this new anime if I'm honest. I hope it keeps that adorable cry in the dub. I'll be devastated if it awkwardly starts saying "Rowlet" all the time instead..

Mimikyu being caught by TR was also a highlight, I actually quite like that creepy little thing! and it was caught in a Luxury ball at that! I wonder how many times the animators will fudge up and animate a Pokeball instead. After all, Tauros are never in Safari balls and I'm fairly certain that Totodile, Politoed and Forretress were all shown coming out of regular Pokeballs at some point..

I'm actually starting to like Bewear, to the point where I hope and fully expect for James to obtain a Stufful.

Rotomdex is still annoying. Be quiet, you irritating little thing..

Last edited:

Supersonicbro

Rowlet joins the gang! This admittedly is the one thing I hoped for in SM, since I wasn't expecting much from this new anime if I'm honest. I hope it keeps that adorable cry in the dub. I'll be devastated if it awkwardly starts saying "Rowlet" all the time instead..

Well seeing how the dub handled litten and popplio, i think it'll be fine. They sounded a lot more natural. With popplio adding in barks and litten meowing a bit.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
The sheer amount of Pokedex entries in this episode was ridiculously unnecessary but besides that it was enjoyable. Rowlet is the cutest thing and I like how his origin story was that he was somehow born into a Toucannon family. Glad he was able to escape that abusive household. I'm also loving the ongoing story between Team Rocket and Bewear.

satopi

The sheer amount of Pokedex entries in this episode was ridiculously unnecessary but besides that it was enjoyable. Rowlet is the cutest thing and I like how his origin story was that he was somehow born into a Toucannon family. Glad he was able to escape that abusive household. I'm also loving the ongoing story between Team Rocket and Bewear.
Rowlet's family wasn't abusive at all! It's parents loved Rowlet for who it is and didn't care that it wasn't born a Pikpek. They were in no way abusive AT ALL!

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Rowlet's family wasn't abusive at all! It's parents loved Rowlet for who it is and didn't care that it wasn't born a Pikpek. They were in no way abusive AT ALL!

The interactions between Rowlet and Trumbeak reminded me of a parent dealing with a slightly naughty or airheaded child. Rowlet fell asleep when Trumbeak started lecturing it, which resulted in Rowlet getting yelled at. Rowlet protested when Trumbeak told it to go out and find an actual piece of fruit, which resulted in Rowlet getting yelled at. I thought those scenes were rather amusing, actually.

satopi

The interactions between Rowlet and Trumbeak reminded me of a parent dealing with a slightly naughty or airheaded child. Rowlet fell asleep when Trumbeak started lecturing it, which resulted in Rowlet getting yelled at. Rowlet protested when Trumbeak told it to go out and find an actual piece of fruit, which resulted in Rowlet getting yelled at. I thought those scenes were rather amusing, actually.
It's not like Trumbeak kicked Rowlet out the nest until it got a berry for its sick dad. Those scenes were amusing and made Rowlet look so cute and pudgy. The mere fact that Trumbeak complimented and gave credit to Rowlet when it did its best to find a fruit for Toucannon and it nudging Rowlet to go with Ash, encouraging it to be with him (and Ash doing the same, seeing that he didn't want to separate Rowlet from its family) shows the family dynamics and how Rowlet's parents treated it. Scolding Rowlet when it did something wrong and raising its volume when Rowlet wasn't listening to praising Rowlet when it's needed and support Rowlet, letting it follow its dream, knowing in full confidence that it knows what's best for itself showcased more than enough that Rowlet came from a loving family.

Last edited:

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
The only part that I didn't care for in Rowlet was when he was interrupting other characters like Mallow, still I see why cuz they kind of have to have Rotom scan every pokemon it sees for the viewers sake.

DatsRight

The only part that I didn't care for in Rowlet was when he was interrupting other characters like Mallow, still I see why cuz they kind of have to have Rotom scan every pokemon it sees for the viewers sake.

I can also see missed potential there. Lillie having knowledge of Pokemon could have compensated for her not being a trainer and thus often a physical load, but now the damn Rotom is going to interrupt her and forbid her to contribute whenever she tries. :p

It's not like Trumbeak kicked Rowlet out the nest until it got a berry for its sick dad. Those scenes were amusing and made Rowlet look so cute and pudgy. The mere fact that Trumbeak complimented and gave credit to Rowlet when it did its best to find a fruit for Toucannon and it nudging Rowlet to go with Ash, encouraging it to be with him (and Ash doing the same, seeing that he didn't want to separate Rowlet from its family) shows the family dynamics and how Rowlet's parents treated it. Scolding Rowlet when it did something wrong and raising its volume when Rowlet wasn't listening to praising Rowlet when it's needed and support Rowlet, letting it follow its dream, knowing in full confidence that it knows what's best for itself showcased more than enough that Rowlet came from a loving family.

Yeah, this is something I think makes dynamics more natural, and if anything implies Rowlet is actually treated as much like a family member as the biological children. If Rowlet was treated that way when it did a good job, it might have been seen as discriminating and abusive, but it was being told to do it's fair share and pay attention like any annoyed parent does with it's air headed child. Arguments, flaws and complications, not just the happy bliss and sweet moments all the time. Now if they can project this development onto the human characters...