• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Enter Rowlet! I Got A Pokémon in Alola!! (947)

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
The only part that I didn't care for in Rowlet was when he was interrupting other characters like Mallow, still I see why cuz they kind of have to have Rotom scan every pokemon it sees for the viewers sake.

Better than Ash doing it every second. Plus, if Ash were to travel alone at times, he could atleast have someone(something) to talk with instead of Pikachu who we can't understand.

Navin

MALDREAD
Mal's Review - Sun&Moon Edition

Soren? Hedwig? Rowly-Poly? Must think of owl nicknames.

Pros:

* Rowlet <3

* Bewear the Blast Off

Cons:

* Rotom Dex talks too much

* Would have liked to see more Mallow

Thoughts:

* I hope I wasn't the only one who thought something not PG when Bewear fed TR

* Toucan Sam looks so cool

* So Rowlet being adopted into a Pipikek-line flock, and then becoming Ash's Pokemon, is a subtle indication that Ash won't be getting the regional bird line? Wonder if the writers will follow their own symbolism...

Rowlet is adorable.

4/10

Last ten episodes: 8/8/4

Last edited:

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
*makes loud buzzer sounds* Uh-oh, regression alert! REGRESSION ALERT, GUYS!!!

Joking. Anyway, I quite liked this episode. I like how Rowlet's capture was handled in this episode. Yes, the little grass owl is adorable. No, I don't expect it to evolve since Ghost is one of the several types Ash has never caught.

Lillie got scared and hid behind and grabbed onto Mallow? RIP major Ash x Lillie hint from episode 1! :D

Ash x Mallow rules! Just waiting for one more thing before I consider it for new OTP.

I'm glad Mimikyu went to Jessie. James needs Stufful/Bewear so we can have that hugging James at the start of the battle gag. It would be the best this time around since we're dealing with a cuddly teddy bear.

Edit: Oh, before I forget: Rotom-dex 4 best character! *makes trollface*

Ominous Wind

So many good things about this episode:

-The beggining bit about the Alola population giving away food to Pokemon. It's such a nice thing that gives more characterization to the Alola people in the anime.
-The TRio/Wobbufet/Mimikyu/Bewear dynamic
-Rowlett and the little backstory it has. I wonder if they'll ever explore more about its other parent. It would be such an interesting story.
-Ash's behaviour. I love it when he gets a new Pokemon since we get to see that Ash is understanding of a the kind of life a Pokemon has.

9/10

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
I will agree that the Rotom dex is far more annoying than the original ones.

Oh snap, Team Rocket caught the fake Pikachu! Good choice.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
SM04 aired in Canada today, yes?

Not that I'm really expecting it to be that much different from the original, but how was Rowlet's dub voice, if anyone saw the episode?

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
I'm just impressed they kept Litten's voice to actually sound like a cat, especially when it's voiced by Lisa Ortiz.

Also, cr*p, the dub made me legit laugh when Comfey put the flower necklace on Ash.

'Ahhhhhh'

I just can't XD

Last edited:

DatsRight

Egghhh....

One of my favourite episodes and they've ruined it. Ash is back to sounding wooden, the music is ridiculously unfitting and all the dialogue is crap. Looks like Sun and Moon is back to TPCI's usual standard. What a disappointment.

The only thing I liked was the dub voices for the Pokemon, Rowlet's in particular (though also a redundant one since again it's pretty much a soundalike of the original).

What the hell is going on with Wobbuffet's voice by the way? Did they get a new actor or is that just another wonderful direction change?

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Wow. I'm actually impressed with the voice acting in this episode. While the new dub voices for Nurse Joy & the various pokémon are ok, I was surprised that Litten, Rowlet, & Toucannon's VAs actually tried to their best to sound like the original Japanese version while Bewear's VA managed to make its own version of Kitiriguma's high-pitched shriek. I mean, granted, Rowlet getting a dub VA is unnecessary since it just koos all the time, but if they're doing it to save money or something they did a pretty good job

Also, while I'm still upset that they're replacing scores from the games with dub music, the dub music for Sun & Moon is actually more pleasing & fits a lot better than X & Y did. They even added a tropical version of an XY dub theme and it actually didn't sound that bad

Last edited:

DatsRight

By the way, concerning the dub Sopociles/early dub Ash comparisons, anyone hearing Meowth's original voice when listening to dub Rotom, especially near the end when he starts screeching. Just add in a Brooklyn accent and he'd likely make a better replica than Zoppi's.

Last edited:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
By the way, concerning the dub Sopociles/early dub Ash comparisons, anyone hearing Meowth's original voice when listening to dub Rotom, especially near the end when he starts screeching. Just add in a Brooklyn accent and he'd likely make a better replica than Zoppi's.
No, I still say that Rotom sounds sort of like Weird Al Yankovic, which is a funny coincidence due to all of the VA roles he's had on Disney XD lately.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I don't know how it's possible but Jessie sounds even worse than she did in the last episode.
Rowlet was adorable and Rotomdex made me laugh in this episode with its antics.

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
did they really have to dub rowlet's voice when it's just a bunch of kooing again? they could've just kept the original one and nothing would've changed.

and toucannon sounds really close to its japanese voice wow. bewear's is kinda...okayish. still prefer "KEEEEEEE"

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Watched the dub finally, not a bad little episode.

Quite liked Ash and Mallow going solo, quite enjoying this pairing for the series.

Litten, Rowlet and Bewear's voices sound okay to me.

But my god, Rotomdex needs to stop, every single pokemon, Ash used his dex a lot before, and I used to understand it when he did it on old pokemon too, but Rotomdex, its doing it way too much and the descriptions are too long, please stop, it even stopped Mallow from talking about Bounsweet, I'm going to struggle with it I reckon, I don't notice it in the Jap version, but this one it sticks out like a sore thumb, hopefully it talks less as the series goes on. Its not even the voice, I don't mind the voice, but the constant entries throughout....

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Watched the dub finally, not a bad little episode.

Quite liked Ash and Mallow going solo, quite enjoying this pairing for the series.

Litten, Rowlet and Bewear's voices sound okay to me.

But my god, Rotomdex needs to stop, every single pokemon, Ash used his dex a lot before, and I used to understand it when he did it on old pokemon too, but Rotomdex, its doing it way too much and the descriptions are too long, please stop, it even stopped Mallow from talking about Bounsweet, I'm going to struggle with it I reckon, I don't notice it in the Jap version, but this one it sticks out like a sore thumb, hopefully it talks less as the series goes on. Its not even the voice, I don't mind the voice, but the constant entries throughout....

I actually like that about Rotomdex haha. Sure it can be annoying but it does make it's chemistry with others more, realistic?

Agreed with the Pokemon voices; they've been pretty decent so far.

I found it hilarious when Rowlet took that chime thinking it was a piece of fruit

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
Bulbapedia lists Rowlet's dub voice as "unknown" but after hearing that it's just a coo-ing noise similar to its Japanese voice, it does sound unnecessary to dub over. But then again, we have Lisa Ortiz performing cat sounds for her Litten voice.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Bulbapedia lists Rowlet's dub voice as "unknown" but after hearing that it's just a coo-ing noise similar to its Japanese voice, it does sound unnecessary to dub over. But then again, we have Lisa Ortiz performing cat sounds for her Litten voice.

I understand Litten since Lisa Ortiz occasionally sneaks in saying its name like she did in episode 1, but Rowlet & Mimikyu still feel unnecessary

NPT

Just a member
Watched the english dub of this episode just for the heck of it. The dialogues were mediocre, and voice acting was sub-par as usual. Music-wise 4 pieces of original BGM were kept (SM Wild Battle theme, Title Card, Team Rocket Motto Music and SM Title Screen theme), rest was all Goldfarb music. And of course, none of the Pokémon except for Pikachu got to keep their Japanese voice... *sigh*

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
I liked this episode a lot more than the last.

First Rotom Dex wasn't as annoying and actually found it quite funny so I hope this continues. Mimikyu has really helped Team Rocket as it knows some strong moves so we shall see how Ash fairs against them in the future but Mimikyu certainly has an able moveset.

Now to Rowlet. I love it's caring and determined personality so this suits Ash to a tee and I can't wait to see it used in future episodes.

Nice episode, onto the next one!

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Team Rocket were totally in the right here....
I completely forgot about James' pokeball collection, I hope they bring that back. And another non-pokeball capture, mostly for Ash/James seeing how one never caught something in a different type of ball and the other's last one was Totodile.