• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Enter The Dragonite (114)

Blazicken

Sex on fire
it was great battle.
one of the better ones in this series.
But the thing tha keeps bugging me is:
in this episode, it's clear dragonite was faster than charizard.
Everytime dragonite appears, you see it's incredible speed.
in this ep, the on where they'r riding lapras before the orange leaue, in the mewtoo-movie, great bowls of fire-episode,...
Charizard is kinda of slow in the anime. (only against gary his scizor it was kinda fast)
also against articuno it looked slow. (frontier-batlle)
and against blaziken (against harrison)

And in the games charizard's speed is clearly higher than all three of them...

Last edited:

striker

I AM THAT IS
Well its clear charizard has an Relaxed nature if that answears your question...

Blazicken

Sex on fire
Well its clear charizard has an Relaxed nature if that answears your question...

well even if that's the case
then we should asume that articuno, dragonite and blazicken were jolly/hasty/naive/timid natured

and even if that were the case, then charizards speed should still be around the same as blazickens and dragonites. (except if they'r ev-trained ofc xD)
but anyway, i just feel they made him too slow =/

munchlaxboy

Catching up on XY
well even if that's the case
then we should asume that articuno, dragonite and blazicken were jolly/hasty/naive/timid natured

and even if that were the case, then charizards speed should still be around the same as blazickens and dragonites. (except if they'r ev-trained ofc xD)
but anyway, i just feel they made him too slow =/

it was great battle.
one of the better ones in this series.
But the thing tha keeps bugging me is:
in this episode, it's clear dragonite was faster than charizard.
Everytime dragonite appears, you see it's incredible speed.
in this ep, the on where they'r riding lapras before the orange leaue, in the mewtoo-movie, great bowls of fire-episode,...
Charizard is kinda of slow in the anime. (only against gary his scizor it was kinda fast)
also against articuno it looked slow. (frontier-batlle)
and against blaziken (against harrison)

And in the games charizard's speed is clearly higher than all three of them...

*facepalm*

Guys, it's the freakin' Anime. Natures/EVs don't freakin' exist.

striker

I AM THAT IS
Meh, its clear the anime never follows the game rules so hey make up their.

And look at the pokemon though: Legendary/ Legendary in its own way/ Special new pokemon O.O so its understandable why they would seem more special then charizard is speed and power. And me personally, would not have except charizard out running dragonite or blaziken, solely because of what they where at the time.

*facepalm*

Guys, it's the freakin' Anime. Natures/EVs don't freakin' exist.

Actually natures do exsist, and i made a joke...

Sayho1234

This was hands down one of the best battles in the series! Even to this day nothing has come to top it EXCEPT for Ash vs. Gary in the Johto League.

Vernikova

Champion
It kind of bothered me that Ash had the upper hand in most of this battle but the battle left me satisfied I suppose. Dragonite in this battle was really strong and I guess that impressed me the most. It was nice to see Ash finally win a league though.

G50

No longer posting
This episode also tied for my #1 favorite for the 2nd season. The battles vs Dragonite were awesome, and what an epic way for Pikachu to defeat Dragonite! Too bad Bulbasaur was the only Pokemon to 100% fail in the battle... Great to see Tauros win a battle! Finally Ash won a League, I wish he'd do that more often...

98/100

TheEpicGoomba

Glad to see Pikachu win also glad to see Ash win the battle. Drake has a big variety of Pokemon Dragonite was alot smaller then it was back in the lighthouse episode. 10/10

Miar

Wigglytuff Guild recruit
Dragonite was alot smaller then it was back in the lighthouse episode.

Well, normally they are only 7 feet tall. I want to think that was just an attempt at a Godzillaesque 'Mon moment.

I was at the edge of my seat the whole battle, this episode and last. To me, this was the definite highest point, the best fight of the first four seasons.
And the best part is Ash won his first league. 10/10

Ash Ketchum!

Pokemon Trainer
For the anime's first 6vs6 battle, this was pretty awesome! Loved the cliifhangers, and nice to see the power of Ash's Tauros. Unfortunately Bulbasaur was the fall guy here...

I wish the Orange Islands were in the games...

Blessed

Ash did really well against Drake some of the tactics he used in this battle definetly showed that we can expect Ash to do very well in future battles.

The second part of one of the best episodes ever, with one of the best episodes ever. This was so entertaining! Ash did an awesome job beating Drake. It was a close and suspenseful match! 10/10, this episode is perfect! If there were no rules, I'd spam this page about how awesome this episode is, and that while I hate spam and never spam!

Calamity™

aka Lamia
It's Tentacruel!
It's rather interesting how the field changes. And again I don't see how Ash's untrained Tauros is doing so well in battle. I was sort of hoping Team Rocket would have done more in this episode, but again they're instantly taken out by the Dragonite. Something funny I noticed, you could hear Tauros moo'ing while Pikachu was in the air after Hyper Beam, even though Tauros was defeated by then. I actually think Ash deserved to win this one, that Leaders Dragonite was good, but apart from that he was quite pathetic. And Ash's Pokémon seem to have recovered fast! This two part episode was quite good, but I still think it needed a lot more Team Rocket interference!

silent_control

This was one of Ash's best battles indeed. It's tied with Ash's victory over Gary and a little above from Ash's victory against Paul. Overall, a brilliant episode.

Nyter

Island Challenger
I loved the ending with the footprints.
The Orange League should have for sure been an area to explore in-game

Aquarelle

Staff member
I was really impressed by how strong Drake's Dragonite was. I did not think that Pikachu would be able to take it down, so I was amazed when that happened and Ash won. At the end of the episode, I liked the scene with the hall of fame with the picture of Ash and his Pokemon posing with the trophy. Overall, this episode was a great way to end Ash's Orange League challenge.