• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Entrée - oneshot

katiekitten

The Compromise
Entrée - oneshot

...I am a hopeless romantic at heart. xD;

Entrée​

“You have just taken two seconds of my life.”

The pink-haired girl stared down the scruffy boy before her, hands planted firmly on her hips as she waited, bag slumped against a set of closed lockers. Kiba stopped in his tracks as the last pupil trailed slowly past him with the teacher in tow, raising an eyebrow and leaning back against the doorframe he’d just slouched through as he looked questioningly at the girl opposite him.

“Really?”

“Yes,” she informed him smartly, sniffing for effect, copying his action against the other side of the door. Her jacket whispered as she crossed her arms. “You were late out. I will never get that time back. I am permanently two seconds older.”

He watched her amusedly under his fringe, hands slipping into the deep pockets of his low-slung jeans as he surveyed her with calm, chestnut-brown eyes.

“That’s a shame.”

“You’re right, it is,” she responded indignantly, forehead crumpling in a dramatic frown. He watched as she suddenly turned to pick at a speck of dust on her black leggings, apparently trying to hide the grin that was now tweaking up the corners of her lips. “When I die, do take note of the fact that I could’ve lived for just that little bit longer if it weren’t for you.”

He remained silent, cocking his head to the side, tangled strands of ash-brown hair flicking at the sides of his jaw. “Is that right?”

She nodded in response, meeting his gaze stolidly. There was a pause, before he pushed himself lightly from the wall towards her, watching as those jade eyes changed and widened slightly in surprise.

“I guess I owe you, then.”

Before she could speak, he leaned closer, close enough for his breath to ghost against her cheek, and kissed her, gently, on the tip of her nose.

“As an entrée,” he murmured, reaching a hand to brush a few pink hairs from her forehead before he pulled away. He grinned at her mischievously, slightly pointed canines glinting, hand somehow pressed against the wall beside her head. She blinked in response, momentarily speechless, heartbeat fluttering stupidly, before watching as he, still grinning like a madman, drew away and started walking down the hall, slinging his bag higher up his shoulder.

“You’re going to be late for trig, at this rate, Sakura,” he called over his shoulder, his words barely audibly over the piercing ringing of the next lesson bell that suddenly tore through the hallway.

She spluttered and grabbed her bag, tossing it on her back. He was halfway down the corridor by the time she caught up, panting slightly, math books crushed to her chest.

“You’re evil, do you know that?” she managed out, nearly slumping against him, fumbling as one of her books slipped out from under her elbow.

He shrugged playfully and slung an arm around her shoulder, drawing her closer so he could murmur into her hair:

“You could say that.”

End.

As you may have guessed, m'dears - this is a naruto fanfiction, but as ever I decided to tell you afterwards for, truly, it doesn't have to be naruto, does it? Kiba x Sakura is made of win. x3 Hope you enjoyed it, and don't kill me for all the fluff. xD

Last edited:

ChloboShoka

Writer
I thought it was a nice little piece here. The simple descriptions you gave instantly made me think of Sakura Haruno then when Kiba was mentioned it was made clear to me who she was, so good showing there. I liked the fluffyness in it too and I am a sucker for both that and Sakura pairs. XD It was a very pleasant read and a good fic.

He watched as she suddenly turned to pick at a speck of dust on her black leggings, apparently trying to hide the grin that was now tweaking up the corners of her lips. “When I die, do take note of the fact that I could’ve lived for just that little bit longer if it weren’t for you.”
My favorite part and "tweaking" gave a good effect.

katiekitten

The Compromise
I'm sorry for not replying for so long, ghost! *glomps* Thank you so much! I'm glad you like it, and that there is another Naruto crack pairing fangirl here. x3333 I've had this idea in my head for ages, and when I read this Kibasaku called 'Serendipity' (well, it isn't really one, but it had some moments) I just felt I had to write it.

Tweaking has to be one of my favourite words. x3

Thanks again!