• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Environmental evos

Kazuki Mirai

Magnezone, Probopass, Glaceon, and Leafeon.... They evolve by leveling up at specific location... HOWEVER.

What makes me wonder... What will happen to them in the next generation? Will they be left out in the next generation or simply relocate? What are your thoughts?

They could just force us to transfer them over to the next game..

Redeevee

Fantastic question! i just thought that the other day! They might cop out and put a new moss and frost(?) rock in the game...but i geuss you'd have to trade them. im hoping for more enviorment evos

elyvorg

somewhat backwards.
I reckon they'll just have similar locations. A mountainy, rocky place for Magnezone and Probopass and some incredibly icy/grassy spot for the Eeveelutions. After all, it makes no sense for it to be purely the exact location that influences the evolution, more just some kind of Steel/Grass/Ice energy around that place.

Missingno.Fan

I actually thought of this the other day and was going to make a thread. They will probably just have similar locations.

PDL

disenchanted
I reckon they'll just have similar locations. A mountainy, rocky place for Magnezone and Probopass and some incredibly icy/grassy spot for the Eeveelutions. After all, it makes no sense for it to be purely the exact location that influences the evolution, more just some kind of Steel/Grass/Ice energy around that place.

This is pretty much what's going to happen. I mean, how hard is to to program an area to have that certain effect on a pokémon? how many caves and forests exist in the pokémon world?

They might even introduce new places for pokemon to evolve into new forms.

tiger80

Cipher Color Changer
The next game has been revealed...Pokemon Opal: Macot-Giratina.

But if it is generations that you want.. :)

SilverDragon7683

Will Eat For Food
Maybe in future areas, they'll be catchable in the wild? Other wise(for convienience purposes) It'll most likely just be similar areas.

A-GAME

Insert Coin(s)
It's gonna be either one of two, relocations or just trade them from the past generation. It depends on what they are willing to do in the next generation. If they decided to reinvest the idea of environmental evos and see other pokemon evolve the same way, then probably thay will put similar relocations. If they opted for dropping this idea, then I guess we'll just have to trade them.
BTW, tiger80, what's with the all Pokemon Opal thing? Is it for real?!

CharizardMaster

Belgian Waffles!!!
The requirements will probably be added to the next game, if there is one.

Ranger Dude

<-- Just got one ^^
yeah probably change location, or maybe theres a way to go back to sinnoh? (Johto and Kanto)

Shadow Warrior

Aah!! welcome Lunch
Maybe it's a sign that there will be no 5th generation but perhaps a mega game that includes all the 4 regions.

Crawdaunt King

Pokemon Rule!
I reckon that they will have some sort of shard or something that you use on them.
e.g
Moss shard; A strange shard from the sinnou region that releases an odd magical field. etc
Eevee+Moss shard=Leafeon
Eevee+Icy shard=Glaceon
Nosepass+Tangen shard=Probopass
Magnaton+Tangen shard=Magnazone

Unlucky_Absol

Objection!
Either that^^ Or they would just change location.

And Pokemon Opal Is not real, But a third Pokemon Game should be out soonishy.

--- U.A ;359;

Gage18

Cascade Trainer
I think new locations or items will solve that problem.If there is a item that will evolve Nosepass and Magneton it might cause Eveee to evolve into a steel-type Pokemon.

xgina

Banned
location/item

or some crap where you can only evolve them in a spinoff game on the wii, nintendo are *****es like that when it comes to money so it could happen