• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Eny DBZ game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hockeydude

i started this thread so you could talk about any DBZ game so talk away.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chris

Old Coot
How the hell can you mispell "any?" >_>

Sparking!/Tenkaichi Budokai (I refuse to call it the improper title, Budokai Tenkaichi) >>>> Sagas.

T

Tameon the Dragoon

Wow...I mean, wow. Any...sheesh...

Am I the only one who still loves Final Bout the best? I just love that game! The music was nice. And just the thrill of owning my first Japanese game was so exciting. And no one, I mean no one, will ever convince me that it was Chibi-Goku and not Chibi-Goten that I was using the whole time...

Alas, my little adapter that let me play imported games for my PSone broke. Budokai 3 was really good, though. I enjoyed the large character roster. Goten for the win! Uub's nifty, too.

However, what's this I hear about Budokai Tenkaichi or whatever having some sort of funky view system? Like...the camera is over your characters shoulder the whole time or something. I dunno...I read that somewhere.

Oathkeeper

Pursuer of the Past
Locke Yggdrasill said:
Oh yeah i forgot about final bout and the rest of the games that were japanese, except for tenkaichi budokai
Final Bout was English. A very rare English title...but released in English none-the-less. It has also been re-released since then, but I own the original.
I also enjoyed Final Bout the best, until Budokai was released. Also, Legends and Supersonic Warriors own the 2-D DBZ gaming area. I almost like S-Warriors better then Budokai.

Chris

Old Coot
Uh..no. >_> Final Bout was released in Japan first. What WAS changed was the title of it. In Japan, it's Dragon Ball: Final Bout. In the US, it's Dragon Ball GT: Final Bout. Although Supersonic Warriors is good, I prefer the classic Butouden 2 for the Super Famicom. :p

Final Bout was pure crap. x_X You could hit someone that was in the air while you were on the ground. The only good thing about it was the opening theme. Biggest Fight > you.

As for Tenka'ichi Budokai, yes, the camera angle is around the character's shoulder, but it's rather nice looking. For example:

[img135]http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2005/138/928096_20050519_screen011.jpg[/img135]

Locke Yggdrasill

Eustis on reddit
Edward Elric said:

Final Bout was pure crap. x_X You could hit someone that was in the air while you were on the ground. The only good thing about it was the opening theme. Biggest Fight > you.

Yeah, i heard that it was. Correct me if im wrong, but all the games in the whole series are: Budokai, Budokai 2, Budokai 3, sagas, The legacy of goku 1 and two, Supersonic warriors, that one in americas that starts with a "T", final bout, Tenkaichi budokai 22,(Butoden 2?)

ShiningClefairy

Meteor Trainer
Locke Yggdrasill said:
Yeah, i heard that it was. Correct me if im wrong, but all the games in the whole series are: Budokai, Budokai 2, Budokai 3, sagas, The legacy of goku 1 and two, Supersonic warriors, that one in americas that starts with a "T", final bout, Tenkaichi budokai 22,(Butoden 2?)
Tenkaichi budokai 22 is Ultimate Battle 22 for the PSX, not Botuden 2 if I am not mistaken.

You missed:
Dragon Ball Botuden 1 and 3
Dragon Ball (Famicom)
Dragon Ball Z: Hyper Dimension (Super Famicom)
Dragon Ball Z: Card game (forgot the title but it's for GBA)

And I'm sure there are more.

My favorite is Botuden 3 for the Super Famicom. You can play as people from the Buu saga, like Goten, Kabito (spelling), one of the Buus, and the Supreme Kai. It had a better lineup than Hyper Dimension IMO.

Hyper Dimension was fun as well, but it was dumbed down a bit since the arial battles in Botuden 3 were better, and you could pull back and the camera would split in Botuden 3. Hyper Dimension seemed Street Fighter 2-ish. Vegeta owns so much in Hyper Dimension!

However, you could play in familiar places in Hyper Dimension such as the Hyperbolic Time Chamber, planet Namek, planet Namek about to explode, the field where the Cell Games took place, and Kami's Lookout.

Chris

Old Coot
ShiningClefairy said:
Tenkaichi budokai 22 is Ultimate Battle 22 for the PSX, not Botuden 2 if I am not mistaken.
It's BUTODEN. Not BOtUden. o_o

ShiningClefairy said:
My favorite is Botuden 3 for the Super Famicom. You can play as people from the Buu saga, like Goten, Kabito (spelling), one of the Buus, and the Supreme Kai. It had a better lineup than Hyper Dimension IMO.
Eh, my one problem with Butoden 3 is the lack of Story Mode, making it simply a 2-Player fighter. If you didn't have a second player, you could only repetitively battle a CPU character of your choice. :s Butoden 2 was alot more fun due to Story Mode.

ShiningClefairy said:
Hyper Dimension was fun as well, but it was dumbed down a bit since the arial battles in Botuden 3 were better, and you could pull back and the camera would split in Botuden 3. Hyper Dimension seemed Street Fighter 2-ish. Vegeta owns so much in Hyper Dimension!
I hated Hyper Dimension with a passion. Simply because it tried being more realistic. The combos were near to impossible to pull off and the battling felt less like DBZ. As you mentioned, aerial combat was scrapped from HD despite the Butoden games being the first ones to ever have it. And IMO, Gohan seemed to be the best. o_o

There's a TON more DB/DBZ games out there that never were released in the US (and never will be seeing as how some were made for the Famicom and Playdia, some just never going to be touched for some odd reason).

Personally, I think the Butoden series should be ported over for the GBA here. >_>

E

EvilPokemons

I Am in Europe so i have to wait till November to play Sparking Sagas and Tenkaichi Tenkaichi has 90 or 60 characters right can someone name them

CharizardMaster

Belgian Waffles!!!
I got budakia 1-3, but I'm gonna sell 1 and two. Budokia 3 rocks!! Sagas whomps.....

Solar Crimson

A Crimson Tide
My friend once let me borrow his copy of DBZ: Legacy of Goku for GBA a while back. I didn't like it much.

I also planned to get DBZ Budokai 2 for GCN this past Christmas, but I changed my mind.

Too bad Tenkaichi Budokai isn't gonna be on GCN...

Oathkeeper

Pursuer of the Past
Edward Elric said:
Uh..no. >_> Final Bout was released in Japan first.

Who said anything about first, last, or middle? I said it was an English release...which is was. It was released in Japan, but it was also released in America translated to *English*.
I didn’t think it was bad…it may not have been the best, but it wasn’t bad. Fact is most DBZ games just plain suck as a whole, just in different ways.
I just wish that we could get the real intros in any of our English releases instead of that instrumental bullcrap with no lyrics. I still think Funi is trying to hide the fact DBZ is supposed to be Japanese from us…

Chris

Old Coot
hockeydude said:
i have played sagas it is the best DBZ game ever.
Ew, no. Budokai 3 is the best. Not Sagas. Sagas is TERRIBLE. That's the result of letting an American developer who has no previous work or any knowledge of the show do a Japanese product.

And I think Taiketsu's the worst DBZ game ever spawned. Sagas is bad, but god, Taiketsu is UGLY AS SIN and just plays like crap.

As for Sparking!/Tenkaichi Budokai, I wouldn't put it past the Japanese to give it a GameCube release a year after the PS2 release. They've been doing it for the Budokai series (I expect Budokai 3 to come out later this year for the Cube).

As for the characters in Sparking!/Tenkaichi Budokai, it's unknown of the majority of the characters in the game but according to screens and info, the following are available:

-Son Goku
-Son Gohan (Buu saga)
-Vegeta
-Freeza
-Ginyu Force (ALL of them, this time)
-Cooler
-Janemba

C

Carnifex

I have played all three Budokais i find the third one to be the best it is so cool especially now that the Ulimate moves arent that easy to pull off.I really want to play Sagas and Tenkaichi Budokai but i have no doubt that my brother is going to end up getting atleast one of them so im lucky.

BTW can anyone tell me how to unlock Brolly and Coller in Budokai 3?Sorry if im not allowed ot ask for help here.I thought that since we were talking about the games we would be allowed to ask for help as well.

E

EvilPokemons

Hmm i got new info on Tenkaichi Bojack Baby Vegeta Super Android 17#

Status
Not open for further replies.