• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Eny DBZ game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
Edward Elric said:
I still say it's a shame we didn't get the oppertunity to play as Teen Gohan in his orange gi. Or in the orange gi that Piccolo gave him in his kid form. :s
yeah thats true.

Well I'm going to actually BUY Tenkaichi tommorow, which Gohan do you start with? Kid, Young Teen or High School? (Note: I call him High School Gohan because hes still a teenager)

melvin

^melvin^
You start with kid gohan. I bought the game and it is fantastic. I love how teen gohan and kid gohan and gohan have masenko.
Very hard game, but tis worth it.

T

The Battousai

I bought tenkaichi today so I can do something to calm my SSHAT (Specialized Science Highschool Admissions Test) excitement (test is open to all NY residents and takes place tommorow). Tenkaichi's a good game but has untraditional controls that take a long time to get used to. You also start out with a forward view instead of a side view and use a two-player split screen which are both somewhat irritating. If you purchase this game in hopes of getting a budokai experience you won't enjoy it to much but if your buying it for an adventure game feel you'll love it. I think the free-roaming enviroments are a little too broad so you'll be flying all over the place to attack your opponent. It's still a good game and once you get used to it you'll love it. I give it a 7.5 out of 10.

P.S no transforming in battle you have to choose a super sayain character in order to play as a super sayain character.

Chris

Old Coot
1) We've already mentioned SEVERAL times that the game is NOT a part of the damn Budokai series because it's a seperate game.

2) We've also confirmed several times before the game was even out that transformations were seperate.

3) Open areas = Good and gives a better feel of the actual manga/anime.

4) Not traditional in the US because Spike is well known for their games mainly in Japan. They develop games like Japanese Pro Wrestling games. The controls are very similar to them.

5) Side view would be terribly painful to control in such a wide view. o_O Try flying forward while you're looking at your character from the side. If you've played Dragon Ball Z 3's Dragon Universe mode, you should have a better grasp of the concept of flying and how easier it is to view things around you.

melvin

^melvin^
Edward Elric said:
1) We've already mentioned SEVERAL times that the game is NOT a part of the damn Budokai series because it's a seperate game.

2) We've also confirmed several times before the game was even out that transformations were seperate.

3) Open areas = Good and gives a better feel of the actual manga/anime.

4) Not traditional in the US because Spike is well known for their games mainly in Japan. They develop games like Japanese Pro Wrestling games. The controls are very similar to them.

5) Side view would be terribly painful to control in such a wide view. o_O Try flying forward while you're looking at your character from the side. If you've played Dragon Ball Z 3's Dragon Universe mode, you should have a better grasp of the concept of flying and how easier it is to view things around you.

exactly. plus why transform. if you want super vegeta then choose him. plus transformations being seperate gives each transformation seperate moves and different fighting style. I love the controlling, it isnt hard to get used to. I would give this game a 9/10 because its so much fun. just needs paikon(sp?), uub, and I dont like the rush moves.

G

G-unit

I Only Need One Character And I'll Have Everyone In Bodokia 3
Saibimen I Can Get Nappa To Break In But I Will In Time

castiboy

Legendary Pokémon Coordinator
different fighting technics for each trnaformation, cool!
-----------------------
i missed my oportunity to get saibaimen and cell junior, and they haven't reapeared yet.

Chris

Old Coot
Lucky for you. o_O I was lucky that I even got Cell Jr. Still haven't gotten Saibaman, nor have I even bothered looking for Kaioshin yet.

castiboy

Legendary Pokémon Coordinator
what?! i though you would be one of the first persons to get all characters unlocked because you see to be teh dbz fan... i'm still looking for those two, is there a special way of getting to fight the one you must figth to unlock them?

melvin

^melvin^
does any body no how to get purple potaras in tenkaichi.I think its by winning in z-gate but I dont think I have any and I have beaten every gate 100% except the original world tournament which I still need to unlock.

Chris

Old Coot
castiboy said:
what?! i though you would be one of the first persons to get all characters unlocked because you see to be teh dbz fan... i'm still looking for those two, is there a special way of getting to fight the one you must figth to unlock them?
You can only get Saibaman and Cell Jr. through Dragon Arena and they're both extremely random. My luck is terrible. I bought Budokai 3 last year and only last month did I get Cell Jr.

As for Kaioshin..I've just been too damn lazy to bother getting him. >_> Still haven't seen Gotenks in the shop.

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
wow, I finaly did MOST of Tenkaichi but darn it! I can't find any dragonballs! I know you find them in battle but I havn't even found ONE. I've done all the Purple Potara fusions to get characters but still I won't be finished unlocking until I have the Dragonball characters and Ozaru Vegeta.

Edward Elric said:
Still haven't seen Gotenks in the shop.
I think you need to buy the special Ki movies until it shows up. I havn't found it yet either though. Still I have all Gotenks on Tenkaichi.

Last edited:

melvin

^melvin^
Gaiash said:
wow, I finaly did MOST of Tenkaichi but darn it! I can't find any dragonballs! I know you find them in battle but I havn't even found ONE. I've done all the Purple Potara fusions to get characters but still I won't be finished unlocking until I have the Dragonball characters and Ozaru Vegeta.

I think you need to buy the special Ki movies until it shows up. I havn't found it yet either though. Still I have all Gotenks on Tenkaichi.

how do you get purple potaras? I need them! And for the dragon balls go to Buu saga. Go to super saiyan 3 Gotenks vs. super Buu. blow up the one building and you will find a dragon ball. you have to complete the mission to keep it. Keep getting this one because tha dragon ball will always be there and its the easiest to find.

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
melvin said:
how do you get purple potaras? I need them! And for the dragon balls go to Buu saga. Go to super saiyan 3 Gotenks vs. super Buu. blow up the one building and you will find a dragon ball. you have to complete the mission to keep it. Keep getting this one because tha dragon ball will always be there and its the easiest to find.
thanks, I'll try that. Ok now in order to get Purple Potara earings you complete particular parts of Z battle Gate mode. You earn them for some battles. Go to the Evolution Z mode and fuse similar purple potaras such as Absorbsion + Ultimate Gohan.

melvin

^melvin^
Gaiash said:
thanks, I'll try that. Ok now in order to get Purple Potara earings you complete particular parts of Z battle Gate mode. You earn them for some battles. Go to the Evolution Z mode and fuse similar purple potaras such as Absorbsion + Ultimate Gohan.

thanks. I turns out that I had all of them already. Just forgot to go over twice on z-item fusion. I need 1 more wish(password one). I also need about 7 more characters from fusing items.

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
Well I have everyone except Ozaru Vegeta who I'll get in time. Once I unlock him my big challenge is the 100 apponents.

melvin

^melvin^
Who do you guys like to use. My character so far is super saiyen gotenks I also like super 17 because of his hell fire finisher. The super saiyen Trunks are cool too. Its only 12:00pm so Im going to try and get some characters.

melvin

^melvin^
Son of a b*tch. I cant get anymore characters because I dont have any fusions. How do you get more fusions. I replayed and beat battles in z-gate but cant get any fusions.

how do you use password. do you have to get a random password from budokai 3 and type it in or are all the passwords the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.