• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

EOS: What pokemon did YOU get?

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
Shinx as a hero, and Vulpix as a partner. I would've picked Eevee as a partner, but I was curious as to what Egg Move Vulpix got, and I was pretty satisfied with Faint Attack. My only problem with Shinx is Rivalry, which makes its physical attacks weaker against female Pokemon, which make up the near entirety of the enemies on the even-numbered floors.

Oh, and nothing against Phanpy, but IT SUCKS! All it learns are Normal-type moves, and it's a freaking Ground-type, which ruins it in the game's many Water-type dungeons.

D

Deleted member 133172

Shinx as a hero, and Vulpix as a partner. I would've picked Eevee as a partner, but I was curious as to what Egg Move Vulpix got, and I was pretty satisfied with Faint Attack. My only problem with Shinx is Rivalry, which makes its physical attacks weaker against female Pokemon, which make up the near entirety of the enemies on the even-numbered floors.

Oh, and nothing against Phanpy, but IT SUCKS! All it learns are Normal-type moves, and it's a freaking Ground-type, which ruins it in the game's many Water-type dungeons.

It's EXACTLY the same for me, the eevee and everything xD

FrenzyClinic

Mr. Insanity
Turtwig, Turtwig, Turtwig, PHANPY.
I hate the random quizzes.

Phanpy doesn't suck that much.
It has great defenses which make up for it's lack of a moveset.
It's also equipped with AncientPower, which is useful.

But my partner, Riolu, is a friggin' beast with a Bite to boot. Slap on a Power Band and watch the enemies crumble.
It's usual damage dealt is around 170-180 around level 40. Helped me take down Dialga and Palkia within 10 turns.

Last edited:

talala

Turtwig, Turtwig, Turtwig, PHANPY.
I hate the random quizzes.

Phanpy doesn't suck that much.
It has great defenses which make up for it's lack of a moveset.
It's also equipped with AncientPower, which is useful.

But my partner, Riolu, is a friggin' beast with a Bite to boot. Slap on a Power Band and watch the enemies crumble.
It's usual damage dealt is around 170-180 around level 40. Helped me take down Dialga and Palkia within 10 turns.

my riolu helped me waste both of them in 5 turns each with brick break, force palm, and dig :p

LordVK12

Evil Mastermind
i got cyndaquil with pikachu as my partner and i got through the chapters in about 2 days so im happy

I got Riolu, with a Vyulpix Partner. I liked it, but later restarted as a Treeko, my favourite, with a Torchic.
Pity, though, cos as a Rilu I killed Primal Dialga In 3 hits.

xdragonx

I'm baaaack. >:]
Got Turtwig then Cyndaquil, then rigged it and got Eevee and chose Shinx as my partner.

xD;; I also rigged the quiz for Eevee as my Hero Pokemon and chose Shinx as my Partner.

Poor Phanpy! (Everyone seems to hate him...) He does get Ancient Power as an Egg Move, though. And when he evolves into Donphan, he's able to learn Thunder and Fire Fang. Not too bad.

talala

xD;; I also rigged the quiz for Eevee as my Hero Pokemon and chose Shinx as my Partner.

Poor Phanpy! (Everyone seems to hate him...) He does get Ancient Power as an Egg Move, though. And when he evolves into Donphan, he's able to learn Thunder and Fire Fang. Not too bad.

everyone cries about the phanpy part cuz you have to do the main story with him >_>

xdragonx

I'm baaaack. >:]
everyone cries about the phanpy part cuz you have to do the main story with him >_>

In that case, it's understandable.
Hmm... I find it a real let-down that Phanpy's Ground-type and can't even learn Dig. =|
Eevee's similar; it's a little bit of a pain doing the main storyline with her. Especially if she's the Partner with the Run Away ability. (But Eevee can learn Dig and Shadow Ball, which help redeem her a little, right?)

talala

In that case, it's understandable.
Hmm... I find it a real let-down that Phanpy's Ground-type and can't even learn Dig. =|
Eevee's similar; it's a little bit of a pain doing the main storyline with her. Especially if she's the Partner with the Run Away ability. (But Eevee can learn Dig and Shadow Ball, which help redeem her a little, right?)
yeah, i guess
I got turwig, asweeing it the right way.
me and you both answered the right way, unlike some people here... (riolu is my truthful pokemon...)

GolemGuy

Better Than Thou
While trying for a Mudkip (Phanpy as secondary), I got some lousy starter like Turtwig or Riolu. Retry.

I then got Phanpy. Ok. Chose Mudkip as partner.

GIR7590

I answered honestly and got Mudkip... Again. No complaints as I like Mudkips, it's just odd I'd get that again. (I also had that in EoT)

Chose Pikachu as a partner... Figured I may as well. :p

Glass Coyote

Handle With Care
I answered honestly and got Totodile, then tried it again (still with honest answers) and got Shinx, which I was happier with. I chose Vulpix as a partner.

Dremare

Whenever I answer honestly, I get a Mudkip.
This is annoying when I'm trying to get Shinx. I thought that the personality quiz was completely random, believe it or not. ^^'

Last edited:

flygonabsol99

i wanted shinx and riolu,or phanpy and riolu,but i ended up with totodile and riolu.which is fine by me,cause totodile and riolu are awsome against groudon