• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

EPIC BATTLE series!

Vulphii

Super Effective!
I'm working on some pictures in which my pokemon are fighting a friend's pokemon! LET ME SHOW YOU THEM:

Texas vs. Jake's Nuzleaf
epicbattle.png

Quetzal vs. Jake's Flygon
skybattle.png

Texas and Nev vs. Jay's Marshtomp and Electabuzz
jaydoublebattle.png

Bonus points if you can name the moves they are using in each picture! :B

Light Venusaur

Konoha's FMA Ninja
a: Nuzleaf's useing "Dark Pulse" & I think Marowak's useing "Leer"
b: Flygong's useing "Draco Meteor" & Xatu's using "Omaniuos (Sp?) Wind"...or Psychic
c: Mashtomp: Brick Break (thank you to "brock's" crogunk), Buzz: Looks like Focus Blast, Wak: Leer, Raichu: Light Screen.

Nicely drawn.
As for resizeing them. I'll do it for you when I get my new laptop.

JUiCE6

Die In Front of Me
Very good drawings. You can clearly see that your favorite is Texas(marowak) due to the detail you give it. Very very good. But..i would like to see more Traditional Art, since i really frown upon digital "art".

Let me give it a try:

1st Picture: Nuzleaf is using Shadow Ball and Marowak is...using..i really don't know.

2nd Picture: I think Flygon is using Draco Meteor, but it seems like its using Bullet Seed. As for Xatu, it has to be Omnious Wind.

3rd Picture: Texas is standing there.lol powerful attack. Raichu is using Light Screen because Electabuzz is about to hit with Charge Beam. And well, i think marshtomp is either using Brick Break or Ice Punch.

Last edited:

DarkCobalt86

Poke'saurus Rex
Let's see... first one has Shadowball and ... Scary Face? Looks like Bullet Seed and Psybeam or Psywave in the second one. And... Lightscreen, Zap Cannon, Brick Break, and probably Leer

Vulphii

Super Effective!
A few people got some! I am proud omg!
Shadowball is correcto for Nuzleaf! As for Marowak, he's just chargin', probably getting ready for a bone club. Although there's a sandstorm in the background! (Hard to tell though!)
Draco Meteor and Psychic are the ones in the second pic!

As for the last one! MAROWAK IS BEIN USEFUL AND STANDING THERE LOOKING PRETTY! Raichu is using light screen, electabuzz is using either zap cannon or shock wave. The hardest one would be that marshtomp is using hammer arm! Only swampert can use it, but the request was that he can use hammer arm, and that made him special or something.

@JUiCE6: Omg "art" in quotations and everything?! I can argue your point to no end! There's nothing that doesn't make something done on the computer...art. It isn't easier than traditional work, you just have limitless resources. It isn't cheating either! It's quite a disappointment when someone doesn't think of digital work as art. Alas, art is subjective in every way, I suppose.

I would, however, love to show you guys my traditional stuff...if I had a working scanner ;^; I am a beast with markers, and in fact find them easier to work with than the program which I use.

JUiCE6

Die In Front of Me
Vulphii@ :D that was funny. And i too can argue with you to no end! The reason i put "digital "art" " is because in my point of view, i don't really view digital as a skill. Anyone can learn how to use a computer, use programs, use a mouse, even with a drawing pad, it eases things by ALOT. I do like viewing digitally made pictures, but to see it as art, no. But those who draw, scan and then touch it up on the computer, its alright. But hey, don't think i don't respect your fan art.:) We come from totally different views, i think its natural to discuss them.

Vulphii

Super Effective!
Vulphii@ :D that was funny. And i too can argue with you to no end! The reason i put "digital "art" " is because in my point of view, i don't really view digital as a skill. Anyone can learn how to use a computer, use programs, use a mouse, even with a drawing pad, it eases things by ALOT. I do like viewing digitally made pictures, but to see it as art, no. But those who draw, scan and then touch it up on the computer, its alright. But hey, don't think i don't respect your fan art.:) We come from totally different views, i think its natural to discuss them.

Definitely! And yes, you're right. Anyone can learn how to USE a program, but it takes so much practise to develop skills in drawing, or even painting. It's no different than working tirelessly with a pencil or a brush. It's still a drawing, yannow?
All the same, you can learn how to use a pencil, and some markers... with a little bit of time and effort!
And you're right! Discussion is where it's at, because I've been doing both traditional AND digital art for years, and I know that neither are easy.

fosterfossil

The prey bites back!
they are epic. i love your interpretation of these pokemon you totally need to do more. The only problem i have is that flygon looks too plain.

Sinnohdragon

Dragoness~
I really like your style, especially on the two with Marowak. You appear to be very good at utilising the tools you have on a computer in making these scenes (and the actual Pokémon) look realistic.
I can also see alot of feeling on the Raichu which is pretty amazing.

I don't like the Flygon one s much though because it doesn't seem as vivid/real as the other two and the Flygon's feet look a little deformed. The Xatu is cool though XD

Also i agree with you that using a computer for art can require as much skill as using pencils, and there are different levels of easyness for each method. It's all about style, but anything can be art really.

Good work :)

Venomfrog

Perpetual Observer
I quite like these drawings. Xatu in particular is very nicely done. :)

Your unique style definitely has a great appeal to it.

buster_wolf

Shinnippori!
Wow, that's the coolest looking Marowak I've seen. Excellent job on the background and colorings.

Vulphii

Super Effective!
(Sorry for the tweetstyle, guys! It would take so much space to quote haha)

@Fosterfossil: Haha I am always drawing pokemon! /dork :B The flygon DOES look plain, I agree! I was experimenting with a different coloring style. Had I been doing it in a regular style, there would be any more colors involved.

@Leapyear29: Sorry? :x Not hard to draw? Er... Okay! Thank you!

@Sinnohdragon: Thank you so much! Raichu and Marowak are also favourite pokemon of mine, so naturally they'd be more detailed hah. It's a strange form of narcissism, I think.
Bahaha again, Flygon was just an experiment with cel-shading (though I used softer edges so I failed lol
It's so good to know that we're on the same wavelength hah! People underestimate digital artists!

@Venomfrog: Thanks a ton!

@buster_wolf: YOU'RE THE COOLEST LOOKIN' BUSTER WOLF I'VE EVER SEEN so it works! C: Thanks!

@ijea4444: Naaah hammer arm!

OH SNAP. Those pics... wow. Looks like you put a lot of effort into those! Niiice. Just love it.

Please please please make moreeee. =D

btw, do you do requests?