• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Epic Fail.

Zookie

Battle Tower Fanatic
Rate, or you are the epic fail! o:

Team Glance; Cresseria Weavile TentaCruel Salamence Dusknoir Heatran/Azelf
This team is OU, and I've been using it longer than most teams I've had. I'd mostly like to know my weaknesses, EV suggestions, moves that might be a better option, and I'm deciding on weither to use Azelf or Heatran, but you'll get to that in a moment I suppose.

dpffb488.png

Serenity

Relaxed
Light Clay
252 hp - 110 def - 148 sp def

Light Screen
Reflect
Toxic
Moonlight

This cress is more useful then you are no doubt thinking. Screens have saved me many days, and it helps her take pokemon down without attacking. This cress takes down T-tar, Salamence, Garchomp, Gyradose and other big hitters, even after a Dragon Dance or two. Aslong as i can get my screen up they poison to death quickly, but T-tars Sandstorm makes her fail unless I have full health and an already established screen.

dpffb461.png

Strength

Jolly
Focus Sash
252 at - 252 spe - 6 hp

Swords Dance
Night Slash
Ice Shard
Brick Break

Typical Weavile I suppose. Very useful to my team. Obviously this is my Physical Sweeper.

dpffb073.png

Lust

Calm
Black Sludge
204 hp - 38 defense - 96 sp at - 172 sp def

Attract
Toxic Spikes
Rapid Spin
Surf

My friends nicknamed her Sex-is-cruel, cause this is probably the most evil Tentacruel ever. Attract is so annoying, with luck it wins against things that make my own jaw drop, and it atleast buys time to put down TS or to spin.

dpffb373.png

Justice

Mild
Life Orb
208 at - 252 sp at - 50 spe

Draco Meteor
Heatwave
Earthquake
Crunch

My mixed attacker. He's just a short-life do as much damage as possible pokemon. I should take Life Orb off tho, I hate the damage. Heatwave is for Scizor and stuff.

dpffb477.png

Patience

Adamant
Leftovers
250 hp - 130 def and sp def

Shadow Sneak
Will-o-Wisp
Painsplit
Substitute

Not as useful to my team as in the past, but Dusknoir is still a good pokemon. Substitute and Painsplit can help him to last forever sometimes, if i'm lucky he can survive a massive attack when i sub, and painsplit and shadow sneak. Usually the opponent is weak enough to finish off after a massive painsplit like that. I might replace Will-o-Wisp with Nightshade/Seismic Toss, cause its such a predictable move. I just dont know what to do with him anymore.

dpffb485.png

Rage

Modest
Expert Belt
252 special attack and speed

Heat Wave
Earth Power
Dark Pulse
HP Ice

Its so hilarious when people think that i'm scarfed. Its a wonderful lure sometimes, like Skarmory or something. Dark Pulse comes in handy more than I thought, and even if its neutral sometimes a flinch can save the day, like when its just Heatran and Blissey.

ALTERNATIVE

dpmfsb482.png

Azelf

Modest
Expert Belt
252 Sp attack and Speed

Nasty Plot
Psychic
Flamethrower
Grass Knot

This is meant to be Weavile's lover, lol. Like Counter and Mirror Coat. Grass Knot is for heavy-weight power houses, and Suicune, cause my heart holds a special place for Suicunes in my heart, just like hellfire. Maybe I should lead with this one to fool people into thinking its a standard Stealth Rock/Taunt/Explode.​

Firehawk10590

Never lost a randbat
If you're facing an Anti-lead Weavile or a Bulkydos, that Cresselia will have to switch out/Struggle, which gives them a free turn. Since you're not leading Weavile, entry hazards may already be in play, which will negate his Focus Sash. So, your team needs a counter for Bulkydos. And maybe an Electric-type move, since nothing on your team can hit it for SE damage, and it can switch into multiple members of your team and Taunt Dusknoir, Cresselia, Tentacruel, and perhaps even Weavile if it Taunts on the switch. You could either use a SpecsJolt, or get HP Electric for Heatran and T-bolt for Azelf.

parasectdude

Wants name change
I see a lot wrong with this team, but the first thing I should say is not to let that Cresselia lead. Weavile is generally a better lead than a Cresselia and that one in particular just doesn't seem like it would work against other leads. Suicide leads would have a field day, Tyranitar would force you out on turn one and a great many leads are immune to Toxic.

I also see something against the rules here, but I can't be bothered to minimod.

hardbodycore

switch lead to weavile. switch heatran for azelf.
i also think azelf @ scarf w/u-turn would be a better look then nastyplot azelf.

Zookie

Battle Tower Fanatic
mm yeah I agree with cress not leading, she led in the past when I had different teams and it worked for them, but taunt leads are pissing me off more often. I will use Azelf with T-bolt on him. But i'd like to know what you see wrong with my team in general.

Rhys29

Encore
1) No T-Tar counter = dead team. Get a Rock resist.
2) Terrible lead. You're better off with Weavile. Note that DS leads ARE gimmicks and will not work since everyone who can do it will be Taunted. Therefore, it will not work.
3) WTF is Attract doing on any of your sets? Ice Beam.
4) Your Salamence doesn't have much speed. And it doesn't have Dragon Dance. And it isn't Scarfed. That is automatically a bad set. Change.
5) Fire Punch/Ice Punch > Substitute since he isn't Sub Punching. Also put 252 in Def and make him Impish, you will thank me.
6) Heatran set is bad/weird. Dark Pulse is only good for Starmie and Slowbro. I really hope you're kidding when you think Skarmory would switch in on Heatran. Explosion > Dark Pulse.
7) Azelf without a speed boost needs Focus Sash IMO. It needs to be on your team if you want to live past a Swampert.
8) Your team's EV's are very bad. Very. Look at smogon if you want a base example, otherwise I can come back later and fix them.

Zookie

Battle Tower Fanatic
1) No T-Tar counter = dead team. Get a Rock resist.
2) Terrible lead. You're better off with Weavile. Note that DS leads ARE gimmicks and will not work since everyone who can do it will be Taunted. Therefore, it will not work.
3) WTF is Attract doing on any of your sets? Ice Beam.
4) Your Salamence doesn't have much speed. And it doesn't have Dragon Dance. And it isn't Scarfed. That is automatically a bad set. Change.
5) Fire Punch/Ice Punch > Substitute since he isn't Sub Punching. Also put 252 in Def and make him Impish, you will thank me.
6) Heatran set is bad/weird. Dark Pulse is only good for Starmie and Slowbro. I really hope you're kidding when you think Skarmory would switch in on Heatran. Explosion > Dark Pulse.
7) Azelf without a speed boost needs Focus Sash IMO. It needs to be on your team if you want to live past a Swampert.
8) Your team's EV's are very bad. Very. Look at smogon if you want a base example, otherwise I can come back later and fix them.

1. yes i do.
2. i'm not leading with cress i'm leading with azelf.
3. its saved my butt more times than any pokemon i've battled with
4. i'll scarf it
5. sub/split works, i say from experience
6. yeah i got rid of heatran
7. i'll sash it
8. i got them from smogon, most of them

Rhys29

Encore
What is your Rock resist? Let's check... nope, you really don't have one. Tentacruel can use Rapid Spin, so you can remove Stealth Rock, however I said ROCK resist, not Stealth Rock.

Attract is really a gimmick move and people will not take you seriously. It may work sometimes, but relying on it will not help you in the long run.

You got them from Smogon. Real suprise. I will edit later maybe.

BlazeBat

Blaziken Master
1. Who? i do not see it
2. then why did you not say that
3. super gimmicky, oh crap a pokemon with no gender, i am screwed, one with my gender, oh crap i am dead
4. different than most but could work
5. not fast so sub and pain split could be taunted away, along with most of your team
6. Only a good mode because he is bad
7. Should do it
8. Smogon is not always right, many times it is wrong, there is a great guide on ev's in this forum.

EDIT: dang you rhys, just as i was typing you have to prove him wrong, still all this counts

Shadow_Blaze

Your team falls to Suicide lead azelf...soooo hard

First off, Cress doesnt make a good double screening lead due to her speed and whatnot, Zong makes a much better choice seeing as Cress would struggle/switch out as soon as it is taunted by the aforementioned azelf leads, I'd simply suggest replacing cress with a standard double screening zong, and that also allows you to get up early SR support.

Tenta is acceptable I suppose...

That mence set is simply...sad I must say. the gross lack of speed EVs will stop you from any apparent sweep you will try to pull off, this EV spread will work much better: Naive/Naughty nature, 236 SpATk/16 Atk/252 Spd. Flamethrower/fire Blast > Heatwave...saves you a trip to platinum for an overrated move

I dont see the point of substitute on Noir, an elemental punch would be much more helpful, Fire punch would be the winner in this case due to your team's struggle to stop scizor...

I prefer a subtran if you are going non choiced...Sub > Dark pulse seeing as you wont be covering much that tran is ment to cover, HP grass would work in this case so you have the pert coverage of your latter azelf set without the scizor weakness. and dude...whats up with you and heat wave? 0.o Fire blast is easier to get and does more damage...if you dont like the accuracy then flamethrower...

EDIT: subtran EVs: 252 SpATk/224 Spd/32 Hp, Naive nature

Rhys29

Encore
Nitpick: Heatran can counter Scizor if it goes faster and you have any prediction skills what so ever.

Shadow_Blaze

of course it can...just if the scizor user has any prediction skills his/herself they would see the tran switch coming, just one poke to take on the #1 OU poke when just about every other team member can be shreaded by it

Rhys29

Encore
Whoops, OP needs to change since I'm still thinking Heatran is in. Dusknoir counters Scizor.

Last edited: