• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Epic Rap Battles of History thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Litwickgang

litwick ninja
hello. i just want to know what you think of epic rap battles of history.

Profesco

gone gently
I saw a bunch of them today at the behest of a young friend of mine. I can't stand some of the language they use, so it took away from some of the enjoyment I had, but they were all pretty funny.

I wish they characterized Albert Einstein better, though. Not only did their costumer not look similar enough, but I'm certain the real Einstein totally could have come up with a much better rap. Hawking definitely won that battle. But some of their matchups were just strange. I didn't think John Lennon versus Bill O' Reilly was really all that clever, for example. And Abe Lincoln versus, of all figures... Chuck Norris? They could've matched them up with better opponents.

It was a cool surprise to see the Macho Man jump into Hulk Hogan's, though. XD

Litwickgang

litwick ninja
they are due to release a new one soon, so keep your fingers crossed

PKMN Trainer Rex

~'3'~ Swalot face
What a coincidence, my friend showed it to me on Monday. And I have to say I love 'em, I love the Steven Hawking vs Albert Einstein battle, Kim Jong-Il vs Hulk Hogan & Randy Savage, and the Vader vs Hitler ones. I don't know it is about Steven Hawking saying 1 million, million, million, million (whatever millions) but I f'n love it. The Genghis Khan vs Easter Bunny was a funny match up, the bunny sucked.

But the thing that I love more than the battles themselves is the announcer. After the first vid he gave up saying it properly XD. EPIC RAPBADOUSAHHIDOURY!!!!!!!!

Litwickgang

litwick ninja
napolean vs napolean

Tim the turtle

Happy Mudkip
I only just saw them today, much like Profesco... I think one was featured on Reddit, probably explains the sudden interest to be honest.

They are pretty funny, some of the rhymes are actually rather clever and it's cool that they put quite a bit of effort into each video, they could probably have gotten by with just pictures and words so the costumes are a nice bonus.

Having said all that, I think it's a guilty pleasure, it sort of smacks of being lowest-cmmon denominator humour, if that makes sense. It's funny, but only because it's crude and unpolished, which is not a bad thing.

Also:
I can't stand some of the language they use, so it took away from some of the enjoyment I had, but they were all pretty funny.
Man up brah.

Tibster

Pokemon Dropout
I find them pretty funny. :D Some are way better than others though...
My favorite would have to be Beethoven vs Bieber. Beethoven kicked so much ***.

PKMN Trainer Rex

~'3'~ Swalot face
Whens the next one due? I can't wait.

EDIT: Silly me, its already out. Napoleon won.

Last edited:

pokebeast8

The Awesomest
I LOVE THE EPIC RAP BATTLES OF HISTORY. I don't really have a favorite but i like Abe vs Norris, Biebs vs Beethoven, Einstien vs Hawking, and Napoleon vs Napoleon the best.

charizardfan

Napoleon Bonaparte vs. Napoleon Dynamite was awesome.

Of all of them, I think my favorite's gotta be Darth Vader vs. Adolf Hitler or Hulk Hogan vs. Kim Jong-il. Good stuff all around, though.

Vernikova

Champion
Hitler vs. Vader was the worst one in my opinion. I mean, Vader was just destroyed in that one. Another one I didn't like was the Easter Bunny vs. Khan since the Easter Bunny wasn't that good.

My favorite so far has to be Beethoven vs. Bieber though since they both were pretty damn good. I thought Beethoven won that battle. Bonaparte vs. Dynamite is a close second with Bonaparte winning that one.

Vader vs. Hitler was the best , IMO. Vader's last line was great. I also like the Hawking vs. Einstein one. The others were alright, except the Palin vs. Lady Gaga one was pretty stupid.

Litwickgang

litwick ninja
what battles would you all like to see next

PKMN Trainer Rex

~'3'~ Swalot face
Since every time I re-watch a battle its one of the most liked comments, I think that Osama vs Obama will be the next one. I keep commenting random match up but it gets lost in the shuffle.

Hitler vs. Vader was the worst one in my opinion. I mean, Vader was just destroyed in that one. Another one I didn't like was the Easter Bunny vs. Khan since the Easter Bunny wasn't that good.

My favorite so far has to be Beethoven vs. Bieber though since they both were pretty damn good. I thought Beethoven won that battle. Bonaparte vs. Dynamite is a close second with Bonaparte winning that one.

This. I totally agree. I also liked Einstein vs Hawking. Hawking definitely won that one.

I would like to see Darwin vs Jesus just to see how they play that.

Litwickgang

litwick ninja
2 new ones guys:
ben franklin vs billy mys
gandlf vs dumbledore

Status
Not open for further replies.