• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Epic Veterans Team

Instead of posting crap post something helpful.

I tried.

If you're going to play this team on something that allows Speed Boost Blaziken, then try out this set.

Blaziken@Life Orb
Jolly
Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 HP
Moves:
-Swords Dance
-Flare Blitz
-Hi Jump Kick
-Stone Edge

This is pretty much the reason Blaziken was banned in Smogon OU. Swords Dance makes it ridiculously strong, and Speed Boost enables it to escape revenge killing via Choice Scarf by some Pokemon after one turn, and by most after two. Protect could also fit, but I like Stone Edge for a better hit on Pokemon like Chandelure and Jellicent.

Hope this helps too! ^_^

Swagga09

I tried.

If you're going to play this team on something that allows Speed Boost Blaziken, then try out this set.

Blaziken@Life Orb
Jolly
Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 HP
Moves:
-Swords Dance
-Flare Blitz
-Hi Jump Kick
-Stone Edge

This is pretty much the reason Blaziken was banned in Smogon OU. Swords Dance makes it ridiculously strong, and Speed Boost enables it to escape revenge killing via Choice Scarf by some Pokemon after one turn, and by most after two. Protect could also fit, but I like Stone Edge for a better hit on Pokemon like Chandelure and Jellicent.

Hope this helps too! ^_^

hone claws>>>>swords dance.

Hone claws boosts his accuracy from that horrible hi jump kick recoil and stone miss's awful accuracy

irock245

She wants it
Well, actually Blaziken isn't really Uber because some people whined about how they were getting owned by it. I mean, it doesn't stand a chance in the Uber enviroment.

well another thing to add to my sig. What Bh said mis true from he using it in wifi, but if he's doing autumn friendly, he has toi say bye to him. If going PO, espeon can do musharna's job better. Infernape would be better at abusing scrrens, and makes your team ou and able to do something.

hone claws>>>>swords dance.

Hone claws boosts his accuracy from that horrible hi jump kick recoil and stone miss's awful accuracy

If you're that worried about the accuracy, use Wide Lens. SD + Wide Lens still gets more power than HC + LO, and it still fixes accuracy nearly as well. Besides, HC doesn't have near the destructive power as SD, and I think you'll find the sheer power of SD + LO more than enough to compensate for the occasional miss.

lol, I meant everyone else.

I know. :p

Stop with the spam. Seriously. If he wants to use Blaziken, HE CAN. Nintendo Wifi and Pokemon Battle Center both allow Speed Boost Blaziken.

Instead of posting crap post something helpful.

He didn't specify that he was playing by those tiers and Smogon Tiers are the default to go by in a competitive scene so everyone had the right to say that he was playing in the ubers environment and he should drop Ken.

3.14kachu

2.72pic √(-1)nventor
My only problem with your team, tier issues aside, is that the Fighting/Ghost or Fighting/Dark combo is super-effective against your entire team (and fighting will OHKO Blaziken anyway), so Conkeldurr, Scrafty, Reuniclus, and Chandelure, among others, will leave your team in shambles.

Your team is also generally slow (again ignoring Blaziken), setting you up for massive losses against hard-hitting fast pokemon like Jolteon, Tornadus, and any revenge-killer in the universe (Darmanitan, especially, can OHKO everything on your team but Hydreigon with Earthquake after Earthquake).

He didn't specify that he was playing by those tiers and Smogon Tiers are the default to go by in a competitive scene so everyone had the right to say that he was playing in the ubers environment and he should drop Ken.

I didn't entirely mean the Blaziken tier stuff, I mostly meant useless spam posts that came from it...

actually according 2 smogon and serebii blaziken w/ speed boost is Uber and quite frankly i thnk if u used it wisely u cud pown. eitha usin a baton passer or n all out attkn set w/ protect 2 stall 4 speed boost. also i thnk tht insted of musharna u shud use cress. unlike magikarprules who told u 2 use reuniclus i hav logical reasons. i also agree w/ u abt reuniclus bein used waaaaay 2 much. anyways cress has betta stats and can wall the cr*p outta anythn. it also has the amazin lunar dance wich cn b manipulated quite well
HJK is better lol

Anyway, what are you gonna do about Terrakion and Dragonite?

Also Blaziken is uber LOL
this is exactly what i wanted to say, but i couldnt find the words

get this man a cookie

my own comments:i like how a "veteran" doesn't respect teir lists. badass.
lol this "veteran" also thought taunt was a cheap move and that monotypes are good....
When I say some, I mean very few.
Is it just me, or is usually the terrible teams that get the most replies?

Hi d-idara, nice team overall, I hope you're playing this on wi-fi or somewhere where Blaziken it's not banned!
Also I see you're using different items, that means that you're playing in a tourney or something with item clause?

Ok, Blaziken is broken. If you manage to get some boosts, you can almost clean sweep any team, so I don't see major threats...
Try to use a SD Set

Blaziken @ Wide Lens | Speed Bost
Adamant | 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Sword Dance / High Jump Kick / Blaze Kick / Stone Edge

After a Sword Dance Blaziken becomes very powerful, however, it's still frail, and it need screen support, I've never used Musharna but I think it's outclassed by Reuniclus and Deoxys-S, so I suggest you should try this Deoxys-S set, since it's pretty fast and can set up screens:

Deoxys-S @ Light Clay | Pressure
Jolly | 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Light Screen / Reflect / Taunt / Stealth Rocks

In a land where Blaziken is not banned, Garchomp isn't banned neither, and he's very annoying in sandstorm, and can destroy your team with subs or sword dances, but Outrage doesn't 2OHKO (if my calcs are right) Scrafty, that lets you set up Dragon Dances and then Ice Punch.

If you're using Moxie and HJK on Scrafty, give him Leftovers. Also, you should use a Choice Scarf set on Hydreigon for revenge killing: Modest or Timid nature, Draco Meteor, Surf or Focus Blast, Dark Pulse and Fire Blast, with Choice Scarf.
Your team struggles against Dark/Fighting coverage, but I guess Blaziken can solve that problem, or you can use Skarmory > Ferro.

I don't see that Chandelure has an important role on your team, and you need another wall imo, a spinblocker, Jellicent!
Jellicent has taunt for slow walls like Blissey and Ferro, and he can burn physicall sweepers
Jellicent @ Leftovers | Water Absorb
Bold | 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Scald / Recover / Will-o-Wisp or Toxic / Taunt

Anyways good luck with your team, sorry if suggestions are bad,

D-idara

I may think about dropping Musharna for Jellicent or Reuniclus (Although i hate this cheap little guy). Again, Blaziken may be Uber in Smogon and Serebii tiers, but i play random Wi-Fi and PO and as long as people aren't wusses and Ragequit everytime they see the ability window this team has been doing pretty well (Granted i still need to train Chandelure and i'm using a Shell Smash Cloyster as a replacement).

And just send something stupidly strong like Mewtwo in front of Blaziken and he'll die, it's not that strong.

Oh, and i'm no Veteran, this team is called Epic Veterans because most of the Pokémon have been used on previous teams.

And could someone tell me an effective Conkeldurr counter? I can eliminate most threats with a bit of switching but he always manages to get me in the end.

Last edited:
And just send something stupidly strong like Mewtwo in front of Blaziken and he'll die, it's not that strong.

Unless it has a Scarf, Mewtwo will usually just come in as Blaziken uses Swords Dance and be OHKOd the next turn by Flare Blitz. ScarfTwo can outspeed even +2 Blaziken IIRC, but it's still a check at best. Giratina is the only "safe" switch-in to Swords Dance + Speed Boost Blaziken.

And could someone tell me an effective Conkeldurr counter? I can eliminate most threats with a bit of switching but he always manages to get me in the end.

Gliscor usually does alright. It can Taunt Conkeldurr to prevent Bulk Up and set up SD or attack it from there. Skarmory can usually take a hit and phaze it out or wear it down with Brave Bird. Another interesting counter is SubDisable Gengar, who can usually switch in pretty safely on Bulk Up, Drain Punch, or Mach Punch. Just Sub up and after the opponent uses Payback/Stone Edge, Disable it. Then you should wall it completely and can just wear it down using Shadow Ball. I just mentioned that one cause it's tons of fun. :p

I may think about dropping Musharna for Jellicent or Reuniclus (Although i hate this cheap little guy). Again, Blaziken may be Uber in Smogon and Serebii tiers, but i play random Wi-Fi and PO and as long as people aren't wusses and Ragequit everytime they see the ability window this team has been doing pretty well (Granted i still need to train Chandelure and i'm using a Shell Smash Cloyster as a replacement).

Oh, and i'm no Veteran, this team is called Epic Veterans because most of the Pokémon have been used on previous teams.

Reuniclus eats Conkeldurr for breakfast

D-idara

Reuniclus eats Conkeldurr for breakfast

And Payback, can Reuniclus OHKO it with Psychic??

Gliscor seems like a nice Poke, i'm just wondering if i should use Poison Heal instead of Leftovers because i got a jolly Gligar last night from DW; Skarmory seems fine but i've tried using him many times and i just don't know how to. I will try using Reuniclus instead of Musharna to see how i do.

Simipour

<('.'<) (>'.')>

Yeah i hate conkeldurr so much. Try this gliscor set. its works especially well in sand.

Gliscor @ Flying Gem
Adamant Nature
252Atk/252Spe/4HP
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- Substitute
- Earthquake

Substitues to try and get a missed move under sand veil(stone edge is a viable alternative when not under sandstorm). An flying gem acrobatics his crazy hard, whether it is boosted by SD or not. It then hits at 110BP without STAB from there on in. All conk can do is hit you with unstabbed payback.

3.14kachu

2.72pic √(-1)nventor
Yeah i hate conkeldurr so much. Try this gliscor set. its works especially well in sand.

Gliscor @ Flying Gem
Adamant Nature
252Atk/252Spe/4HP
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- Substitute
- Earthquake

Substitues to try and get a missed move under sand veil(stone edge is a viable alternative when not under sandstorm). An flying gem acrobatics his crazy hard, whether it is boosted by SD or not. It then hits at 110BP without STAB from there on in. All conk can do is hit you with unstabbed payback.

No, the Flying Gem strategy isn't as good in practice. You probably want to use a Toxic Orb with Poison Heal and make a more defensive SD set.

And Payback, can Reuniclus OHKO it with Psychic??

Gliscor seems like a nice Poke, i'm just wondering if i should use Poison Heal instead of Leftovers because i got a jolly Gligar last night from DW; Skarmory seems fine but i've tried using him many times and i just don't know how to. I will try using Reuniclus instead of Musharna to see how i do.

Yes, it can OHKO. And Payback will deal measly damage with Reuniclus's abysmal Speed.

Swagga09

If you're that worried about the accuracy, use Wide Lens. SD + Wide Lens still gets more power than HC + LO, and it still fixes accuracy nearly as well. Besides, HC doesn't have near the destructive power as SD, and I think you'll find the sheer power of SD + LO more than enough to compensate for the occasional miss.

I know. :p

Oh of course, if he's gonna run wide lens, then swords dance away. I just think if he's gonna use life orb, i highly suggest hone claws.