• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Episode 428- The Rival is a Salaryman!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flamez

Elite 4 Champion
seen the trailer its up at tv-tokyo and it seems that may is in a contest and combusken is starring vs. venasaur. The rival i think is some guy with a guitar. got to go peace.

Haunter Hunter Sohrab

Johto Champion
Darn I was gonna make this thread!

Wow a contest already! Plus only one episode dedicated to it? Interesting.

That ain't a Salaryman but a Guitarman!
Well this was totally unexpected just like Eevee. I guess May is going to lose but then Venasaur is a Grass type and Combusken is a fire type so maybe she'll burn Venasaur and win another ribbon.

E

Ethereal

ZOMG!11 Cumbutskin (wonder if a certain person will get that reference. ;D) r guna evovel!! 1 roflrofl

*cough*

Hm....Kinda unexpected. This is the first time (if I recall correctly) that a contest episode isn't advertised in the title. Odd. At least we get to see Venusaur, my favorite Pokemon, again. :D

Lil Brother

Just kinda there.
Dammit, I wanted to post it for once! :p

Wow. Contest? Did not expect that. At all.

Wow. Venusaur? Did not expect that. At all. Hopefully Combusken will kick its arse. ^^

The Salaryman is a Guitarman? o.o Well, he looks awsome. Kinda like a younger Scott really. Which is a disturbing thought. He looks cool enough to be a recurring character...

Um... Squirtle? It's covered in flowers. That's unexpected! Let's just hope it's not Squirtle to beat Venusaur. o.o

And, note. If this guy is a recurring character, I think Combusken should beat him. Just so he can his revenge! Like Harley should of last contest. <.<

And... is it possible this is the guy that picked Bulbasaur in the first episode? If that's true, than I take it back. May shouldn't beat him if that's the case.

Feity

Storm Trainer
Looks kinda dissapointing, despite the Venusaur and Butterfree. Looks like May is using Combusken and Squirtle, or just Combusken. I'm still waiting for her to use Munchlax. I'm a bit surprised that the coordinator isn't the one from the last episode... Meh. Any idea where this contest is?

RaikousThunder

Poison Tail!!
I saw the preview and this ep looks just plain awesome. Yay Venusaur again. Wonder if May will reference it with the one who gave her Bulbasaur. The attack with the large vine it used looked like it would be Frenzy Plant, did it not? Its not Vine Whip cause its spiked and Frenzy Plant has spikey vines doesnt it? I think May will lose this one even if she has an advantage over Venusaur. But lets not forget how strong Venusaur is and im sure it can take some fire attacks. Maybe it will be another ep that proves types dont always matter. What did they do to Squirtle??

Feity

Storm Trainer
RaikousThunder said:
I saw the preview and this ep looks just plain awesome. Yay Venusaur again. Wonder if May will reference it with the one who gave her Bulbasaur. The attack with the large vine it used looked like it would be Frenzy Plant, did it not? Its not Vine Whip cause its spiked and Frenzy Plant has spikey vines doesnt it? I think May will lose this one even if she has an advantage over Venusaur. But lets not forget how strong Venusaur is and im sure it can take some fire attacks. Maybe it will be another ep that proves types dont always matter. What did they do to Squirtle??
That's what I was thinking. The vines do look quite a bit like Frenzy Plant.

£añkaÑ

~Thîrûttû R⚢âl~
I can't believe..it..and most of us thought there wasn't going to be a CONTEST in this one..lol...well guess what..THERE...IS LOL..cool

hmm...Combusken..vs Venasaur...should be intresting...

but it really should have been Bulbasaur vs Venasaur..lol OH WELL..lol

should be intresting..

EDIT:...just saw the preview..lol

omg...Squirtle looks cute...makes me wonder if it a he or a she...lol

no TR..lol

guitar guy looks..stupid..lol
but Venasaur cool...

and what is with the ending...of Combusken closign eye...could it be EVOLUTION..lol...JKN...it can't be CAN IT?..

well i dont think so...just thought i'd start a SPARK..lol

Last edited:

Squirtle_007

Dammit, you got the Frenzy Plant exclusive.
Hey, just how I predicted, this is gonna be a one-episode contest
Maybe Squirtle is covered with flowers because it´s gonna be the appealing Pokémon.
The guitarman looks like a great competitor, very different from other men co-ordinators.
Maybe Haruka would win ... just the time will say.
Oh well, maybe the Manene vs. Munchlax contest will be for another time

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Wow, I think this is the first time nobody expected a contest episode. That title was totally misleading!

That means they ARE picking up the pace. Ash beats Greta, then we get an ep where May gets an egg, then May's 2nd Contest, then a Dragonair filler, and then the Battle Dome?

The writers are completely on a roll. This is almost a complete 180 from how this saga started.

Anyway nice to see Venusaur again, can't wait to see Combusken own it.

The Salary/Guitar man just ROCKS.

Lil Brother

Just kinda there.
CyberCubed said:
That means they ARE picking up the pace. Ash beats Greta, then we get an ep where May gets an egg, then May's 2nd Contest, then a Dragonair filler, and then the Battle Dome?
Amd who knows if the Dragonair ep is a filler? For all we know, it could be important and we'd have seven episdoes in a row of non-fillers. o.o Of course, it probably will be a filler unless we get yet another capture from out of nowhere.

The Salary/Guitar man just ROCKS.
...Pun intended? XD

Flamez said:
seen the trailer its up at tv-tokyo and it seems that may is in a contest and combusken is starring vs. venasaur. The rival i think is some guy with a guitar. got to go peace.
wow......... kewl
this seems like a contest epi i need to see.......but i didn't know it was a contest......... XP
Combusken vs. Venusaur....... good battle i guess......
but i need to see the preview *searches for it*

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
That was...quick. Why do I have a feeling this is only a temporary speed-up, though?

Taking Toddler Mutant Ninja Squirtle from the Saffron Contest into consideration, May's time to lose a contest is well overdue. As much as I wanted to see Harley hand her *** to her for being so naive to trust him again, this guy will do, as well. Unique character, and would make for a great recurring one (Although Kanata would be even better, heehee).

JazzJazz

CyberCubed said:
The writers are completely on a roll. This is almost a complete 180 from how this saga started.

Someone (perhaps even someone from these forums) must've gone to their offices and given them all a good kick in the pants.

CyberCubed said:
Anyway nice to see Venusaur again, can't wait to see Combusken own it.

I'm sure combusken will seem close to defeat and somehow pull off victory against the odds, I don't see it "owning" venusaur.

Pitchi

XIII
I checked Tv-Tokyo just now :D I`m glad that it is contest episode. yeah that guy is looks like a guiter man xD

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Jynxo said:
ZOMG!11 Cumbutskin (wonder if a certain person will get that reference. ;D) r guna evovel!! 1 roflrofl
He did get it, and he laughed at it XP

No crime-fighting Drew in tights then? Aww, that surely would have been a sight to see...
Can't say I'm dissapointed by the contestant that Haruka is going up against. He definatly looks like he's going to be one of the more interesting characters we've had in a while and with a fully evolved pokémon by his side you just can't go wrong.

Yay, Combusken actually gets to take part in the first decent pokémon battle its had for months! So hopefully its going to kick some serious buttocks, rear and ass. And having 'shamo going against a fully evolved opponent with an incredibly strong attack like that is bound to give us a good show, whether she wins or loses the skirmish.
Speaking of which, a big thumbs up for having Venusaur use Frenzy Plant. They need to keep up the trend of releasing attacks from the restraints of the game world and letting them leak into animéville.

The ending to the preview makes me feel really uneasy though *fearful shiver*
Looks like a friggin' awesome ep despite that.

Jo-Jo

blows stuff uhup
Gravy said:
No crime-fighting Drew in tights then?
I'm bitterly disappointed about that. *dramatic sigh*

May will win this contest, most likely. She tends to only lose whenever Drew's around. Regular Drew, that is, not crime-fighting Drew in tights... alas...

Hmm, what are the odds of this guitar guy showing up again? Normally characters who are referred to as rivals in the episode title tend to come back, don't they? (might be BSing there...)

Status
Not open for further replies.