• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Episode Discussion Forum Rules (Organized 12/24/08)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Here are the basic rules of this forum

1. Don't bash an episode. If you don't like it, state your reasons.
2. If you are going to give spoilers of an episode that is yet to be aired outside of Japan, use the Spoil Tag.
3. Discuss the actual happenings of the episode ONLY. No hopes for future episodes.
*Unless you have seen the episode in question, or seen pictures of the episode or read the guide, don't comment in the respective thread, especially so soon. Don't ask for what happened either.​
4. Usual Forum Rules Apply here too.
5. While ratings are allowed, they do not contribute to post content. If removing the rating would leave the post as spam, then you need to say more.
6. Do not discuss predicted titles or newly revealed titles in the episode thread.
7. Do not ask for and/or provide streaming videos of episodes and/or raws/subtitles/etc downloads (this include torrents).

Will add more when I think them up

Organized by staff(s) with approval from Serebii.

Last edited by a moderator:

Murgatroyd

Dull Manga Avatar
5. While ratings are allowed, they do not contribute to post content. If removing the rating would leave the post as spam, then you need to say more.

RandomCharizard

Serebii said:
Here are the basic rules of this forum

1. Don't bash an episode. If you don't like it, state your reasons
2. If you are going to give spoilers of an episode that is yet to be aired outside of Japan, use the Spoil Tag
3. Discuss the actual happenings of the episode ONLY. No hopes for future episodes
4. Usual Forum Rules Apply here too

Will add more when I think them up
Look at the bold people.
That rule has been broken to many times. >.<;;

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Seems like I have to remind you all AGAIN. Unless you have seen the episode in question, or seen pictures of the episode or read the guide, then for the love of god, dont comment in the respective thread, especially so soon. (Case in Point, the 6 posts I just had to delete from the latest Japanese Episode). Don't ask for what happened

bhrettzerda053

I have returned.....
New Rule

DO NOT DISCUSS PREDICTED TITLES OR NEWLY REVEALED TITLES IN THE EPISODE THREAD

What do you mean? We can't post threads relating to upcoming episodes? Yeah, even others speculate for new episodes, if you are right.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I would like to suggest a possible new rule for the Episode Discussion threads. I just saw the DP 656 anime discussion thread and the first half of the thread looks like Twitter on steroids. This isn't the first thread either, it's happening in the newer threads about new episodes. Just a bunch of people posting random comments like "_____ lost" or "____ and _____ battled", every few minutes. Basically, they post the major events that happened in the episode but instead of editing their previous post to include these events, they post the new stuff in seperate posts, which clutters up the threads. There are just too many of these posts being posted and they have almost nothing to do with actual discussion of the episode; it's just SPAM. I'd report them all but there's just way too many to keep track of at this point. I think the anime discussion threads should remain closed at least until the site has the episode pictures up so that people don't clutter up the thread with their SPAM. An alternative could be enforcing a "3 line" minimum requirement to the posting requirements so that people don't just post one line of SPAM. Just something I'm suggesting since I'm tired of all the crap in the newer threads :S

Status
Not open for further replies.