• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Episode N - Ash Speculation (Reserves, Quest) - NOT FOR CAPTURES/EVOLUTIONS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

N...

Since we know Charizard is appearing should Ash use some of his older Pokemon as well? Also do you think Ash will use reserves again in the near future since we all know him not using them cost him the League

In BF he used more reserves than just one. Donphan(Phanpy), Charizard, Bulbasaur, Squirtle and I think Heracross and Snorlax returned too

I'm trying to say he almost always used one of his reserves in one of his Frontier battles:
Charizard actually was the only reserve to get two Frontier Brain Battles: Noland and Brandon
Snorlax was used against Greta
Donphan was a member of his BF roster and was used against Lucy
Heracross was used against Spenser
Tauros was used against Anabel
Torkoal was used against Brandon
Bulbasaur and Squirtle were used with Pikachu and Charizard to finally win against Brandon.

BlueDragonfangirl

Only some, I think BayLeef needs to get redeemed for what happened to her in the D/P league.

Bluelatios*

Yeah, I'd say so. If you think about it, there's really no reason for his Pokemon to stop being showcased altogether after their respective sagas. Sure, there's always a need for new Pokemon but that doesn't make Pokes like Totodile, Bayleef, Quilava, etc any less awesome and marketable. They should go for a bit of both! ;) The only thing that concerns me is if they butcher the dub voices. (ex; going from Dragonite's gentle, mysterious call to a rough gruntled roar)

Last edited:

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Hell yes!! Bulbasaur needs to come back and pwn things.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Only some, I think BayLeef needs to get redeemed for what happened to her in the D/P league.

Redeemed? nothing happened to her, she could get a figth since she has fougth since Johto but she doesn't need any redemption.

Torterra is the only one who actually deserves to appear and get a win due to redemption.

If they plan to bring the reserves back. I think due focus should be given on both new and old Pokemon. BF did it well I think. They added Phanpy to the usual line up it went well. Grovyle evolved, and Phanpy evolved, it all went well.

They could redeem things like Torterra by using in a battle. Outside of battles, they don't need an episode. But something like Gible would need attention.

I am actually skeptic about them bringing the reserves. Charizard might be the only exception.

It's better not get your hopes up.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Redeemed? nothing happened to her, she could get a figth since she has fougth since Johto but she doesn't need any redemption.

Torterra is the only one who actually deserves to appear and get a win due to redemption.

I think she was referring to the fact that these pokemon were brought back but didn't really do anything. At least she got the TR scene but really the pokemon who didn't battle got screwed over cuz of the writers rushing ****.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
I think she was referring to the fact that these pokemon were brought back but didn't really do anything. At least she got the TR scene but really the pokemon who didn't battle got screwed over cuz of the writers rushing ****.

I got what she said but I don't think it needs redemption for it, if anything Quilava needs more redemption because they evolved it we though, yay it will get a win, no his battle gets skipped and ends up drawing and he could really used a league win, since the other two Johto Starters did more then him in the Johto league.

BlueDragonfangirl

They brought her back in the D/P League to fight but we never saw to do Team Rocket's screen time for some reason.
I'm hoping we get to see her in another fight soon, on screen k.

A.F.M

Banned
Will Ash rechallenge the Unova League/go on a badge hunt again?

There was something strange about the Unova League. First of all, it was incredibly short, Ash only had a one on one in the first round against his main rival, he's only going to have 1 full battle in the tournament (if you can count it as a full battle, since Kotetsu is only using 5 Pokemon) and he's regressing in placement. What was Virgil introduced for? It's highly unlikely that he's going to battle Ash in this league, so I'm just wondering. He has to serve some purpose, and I was sure that was to battle Ash. Maybe I'm right, just not in this league.

If Imotarou (or a cotd) wins the league then I won't be suprised if Ash challenges the Unova league/does the badge hunt again. I mean there's a lot of reasons why it's possible. Reasons include:

-Ash needs some kind of goal to work towards during the N arc
-Redemption for Trip (his league position was awful) and possibly Bianca.
-Possible revenge against Kotetsu
-Ash and Virgil can finally battle
-A lot of Ash's Pokemon were still in their base form in this league, if another league comes around they will probably be much stronger by then.
-It would explain why Ash regressed.
-Cheren is appearing as a gym leader (maybe Ash will challenge him for the badge)
-Ash has yet to battle Drayden
-It was heavily implied that Chilli went to start his own fire type gym. Maybe Ash could challenge him too?
-Ash didn't battle Marlon.

That's Marlon, Drayden, Cheren and possibly Chilli (and maybe even Cress) for Ash to battle for badges. We all know anime exclusive badges exist, so now could be the perfect chance for Ash to get them.

I know some people will say "In each region, there's only 1 league a year" whilst that may be true for other regions, the Unova League could be an exception to the rule. It's possible that there could be 2 leagues a year in Unova, who knows?

Others will say that "Ash already has 8 badges, why would he need to do the badge hunt again?". It is possible that badges "expire" upon registering for a league tournament. In other words, if a trainer wants to challenge the league again, they have to collect 8 badges once more.

I'm not saying this is going to happen, I'm just throwing it out there. Heck, it probably has a 0.1% chance of happening, I'd just like to know what you guys think. There was something strange about the Pokemon league this time around, I think most would agree with me on that one. I just want to get to the bottom of it hehe ;D

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I got what she said but I don't think it needs redemption for it, if anything Quilava needs more redemption because they evolved it we though, yay it will get a win, no his battle gets skipped and ends up drawing and he could really used a league win, since the other two Johto Starters did more then him in the Johto league.

Honestly why is a draw such a bad thing these days?? Palpitoad drawed against the Zebra and I was damn happy about that. I would of loved to see Eruption in that battle but I was fine with the battle.

Eneci

FrogadierMasterLucas
I don't know ! I mean I would love it to happen so he could improve his ranking to Top2 maybe even!

But what will that mean!? Who would he challenge all to enter the League!!?

So he could get a battle against Trip again, battle Bel and maybe the new rival from BWS2N1 (Rosa, Nate, BW1 or2 Rival)

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
No. There's absolutely no reason for him to do that.

And besides, with the exception of the Wave and Legend Badges, there's no available ones for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.