• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Episode N - Ash Speculation (Reserves, Quest) - NOT FOR CAPTURES/EVOLUTIONS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LizardonX

Banned
They weren't mary sues they had skill and they all had their fair share of loses too

Incredibly skewed ratio of wins to losses, most of them defied logic. I can accept infernape taking a thunder, but not swellow surviving multiple rollouts that is just wrong/

The only thing that I can guess and from what you said is that the writers made Ash's hoenn Pokemon stronger than usual, just for the sake of the league.

Are you kidding me? Save Torkoal all of Ashes Hoenn mons have maxed out IVs and are fully EV trained when he caught the,. They didn't bother making his team league worthy through moves and evolutions so they stuck to cheap DEM victories by having weak pokemon somehow overpower others through force of will alone. I thought we should have been over that by OI.

His Sinnoh team was pretty much a bunch of Mary Sues, and his Kanto team, and his Johto team by your logic.

Kanto gets a pass only due to it being the first, none of his Johto mons got that much glory save heracross and that in itself was wrong. All his Sinnoh team had faults, Infernape was abused and it took a long time to control blaze, Torterra had to cope with Lack of speed, Staraptor was shafted in battles so swellow seemed stronger at first, Buizel got screwed by power creep, Gliscor was a useless load for a long time, Gible had to take 10+ eps of ONSCREEN training to master DM, etc

Last edited:

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
In a word, yes.
It would be cool to see his old Pokemon, and it would be practical since they have more experience.

Are you kidding me? Save Torkoal all of Ashes Hoenn mons have maxed out IVs and are fully EV trained when he caught the,. They didn't bother making his team league worthy through moves and evolutions so they stuck to cheap DEM victories by having weak pokemon somehow overpower others through force of will alone. I thought we should have been over that by OI.
Yeah you're completely right, but as I said before. Making a team of his strongest is completely against his character development. He's still a naive child who doesn't know the world isn't fair and won't submit to weaklings. It's why he keeps losing.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Uh, the majority of his Unova Pokemon got beaten up at the Unova League and now people want his Oak'd Pokemon to come back and steal screen-time and development? No thank you. This is exactly what I was talking about earlier. We can't just have Ash dump his current team and work with other Pokemon; he needs to train his current Pokemon on-screen. Unfezant, Oshawott and Snivy all flopped this year and it's time for Ash to actually do something about it.

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
Are we seriously applying IVs and EVs to the anime? Really?

Although what I find even funnier is the constant use of the words "Mary Stu", and the more I see it, the more I am convinced that none of you actually know what it means and are using it a cover for why you don't like certain Pokemon.

Although considering certain peoples previous posts, the lack of knowledge really doesn't surprise me.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Could this be the first arc without a challenge for Satoshi?

So far we know of no challenge Satoshi will face during the arc. We knew of the Battle Frontier and the Orange Islands early on due to commercials and other stuff but here we know nothing. So my question is could this be the first arc where it has no challenge and instead just focus on an evil team? also how is it a bad idea? I mean Digimon pulled that quite well so I would not be shocked if we don't get a challenge.

So far we know of no challenge Satoshi will face during the arc. We knew of the Battle Frontier and the Orange Islands early on due to commercials and other stuff but here we know nothing. So my question is could this be the first arc where it has no challenge and instead just focus on an evil team? also how is it a bad idea? I mean Digimon pulled that quite well so I would not be shocked if we don't get a challenge.

I think they'll have some kind of Don Battle Tournament or Senior Cup but I don't think Ash will have to gain badges and symbols like he did in previous seasons.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
I would not mind at all if the rivals came at times to help against Plasma well more so Virgil,Langley and the fat guy. Would be sad to see them only appear for Don stuff

I think they'll have some kind of Don Battle Tournament or Senior Cup but I don't think Ash will have to gain badges and symbols like he did in previous seasons.

I'm pretty much expecting this. I don't know if they'll introduce a new rival or something. Maybe N would serve as one. It doesn't really matter to me if he has one or not.

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
Uh, the majority of his Unova Pokemon got beaten up at the Unova League and now people want his Oak'd Pokemon to come back and steal screen-time and development? No thank you. This is exactly what I was talking about earlier. We can't just have Ash dump his current team and work with other Pokemon; he needs to train his current Pokemon on-screen. Unfezant, Oshawott and Snivy all flopped this year and it's time for Ash to actually do something about it.

That's precisely why Ash should bring in his reserves from Oak's ranch. All of his Pokémon, save for Krookodile, Leavanny, and maybe Snivy (but she's still a first stage Pokémon and a Grass-type, something done better by Sceptile and Bulbasaur), have been lackluster and are either not that powerful (Unfeazant) or have a noticeable flaw that prevents their power from being used to its fullest extent (Pignite and speed issue). If Team Plasma is powerful, Ash will need the help of his stronger Pokémon, rather than the lackluster Unova team. It's already virtually guaranteed that Charizard will be coming to Unova. He would be even more powerful if Pokémon like Sceptile or Snorlax come to assist, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.