• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Episode N - Team Rocket Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eievui-Nymphia

XY, gen of dreams.
Team Rocket returning to be funny!!! EDIT: Well, not exactly funny

With the latest manga scan, we see Team Rocket blasting off again like in DP and earlier sagas. Dogasu (opinions aside) confirmed that the scans mention blasting off.

The thread isn't for bashing Team Rocket for being funny (A opinion of dislike is compoletely fine).

I created this thread to know the possible speculation to comment the causes that the writers has decided to returning being funny again after his BW change make them serious. If you think that the audience (the kids in Japan >>>>> some club of users) don't like serious TR, the VAs don 't like serious TR.

This thread is to show the "special circunstances" that caused TR to return being funny.

Edit: 10/2/2013.

Many people are almost bashing the users who like Team Rocket during AG and DP. Remember, exist many people (and I think that more than 60% of the audience who regularly watch pokemon prefer funny Team Rocket as opposed to serious Team Rocket, specially in Japan.

Please, respect the opinions of people who liked Team Rocket in AG and DP.

Edit: 20/2/2013:
This is a Team Rocket thread. Not a post-Episode N thread. If you want to talk what Ash and co. will do after Episode N there's a thread for it.

Last edited:

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
I think they're both goofy and serious, seeing as they use those forcefield boxes still, instead of machines. I know that doesn't make them serious, but they used them when they were and if they returned to being full goofy, why would they not go back to their old capture methods?

It's a sad day for TR fans who liked them serious and boring.

Not really a fact that they were boring when they being serious.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
It's a sad day for TR fans who liked them serious and boring.

I found them so much more interesting this region. The subway two parter were the best TR episodes ever in my opinion.

At least goofy TR had personality and humerous moments. Serious TR was like watching a lifeless version of them. But I do appreciate the experiment the writers did with them...I just don't think it resulted well, but that's just me.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
At least goofy TR had personality and humerous moments. Serious TR was like watching a lifeless version of them. But I do appreciate the experiment the writers did with them...I just don't think it resulted well, but that's just me.

Ya but at least they were doing what they were supposed to be doing for once -_-. If they start blasting off every episode again I will probably rage quit -_-.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
I'm indifferent... if they can somehow merge both the serious portions of battling and not showing up as much with them being complete goof balls... then I think I'll like it

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
I think they're both goofy and serious, seeing as they use those forcefield boxes still, instead of machines. I know that doesn't make them serious, but they used them when they were and if they returned to being full goofy, why would they not go back to their old capture methods?

Because the rest of the show has gotten a technology upgrade in BW. Nevermind the fact they have a robot in episode 1.

HatersGonnaHate said:
At least goofy TR had personality and humerous moments.

DP says otherwise.

This thread's not going to end well. Everyone's just going to get angry at each other and 15 pages later it'll get locked.

EDIT:

Joltik-Kid said:
I'm indifferent... if they can somehow merge both the serious portions of battling and not showing up as much with them being complete goof balls... then I think I'll like it

The two are incompatible. When you try to combine them you end up with a complete fiasco like what we saw in the post-Castelia filler hell.

Ya but at least they were doing what they were supposed to be doing for once -_-. If they start blasting off every episode again I will probably rage quit -_-.

lol I'm also wondering if they'll blast off every episode again.

I'd take this too.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I really hope they jet pack out of there last minute. or if they do blast off it's only temporarily until Giovanni gives them another mission.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Because the rest of the show has gotten a technology upgrade in BW. Nevermind the fact they have a robot in episode 1.

That's a sort of mecha that they usually have to capture Pokemon in Best Wishes to me, but still, they seem like they're serious/incompetent to me. But why would they go from Robot in one episode, to that forcefield box in the next? I think it's because they're sort of mixing the two types of Team Rockets together.

I also think they are a mixture of funny and serious. I think it will be a return to Kanto TRio. Yes, they probably won't be as funny as Kanto TRio but I think we will get some decent comedic moments with them and they will also show their competence and sinister side like they did in early BW. Yes, the balloon is back, yes blasting off is back and yes, TRio being funny is back but we don't know what kind of humor it is. We shouldn't declare the return of the DP TRio just yet.

Humor is subjective. I found them to be funny up until Johto but then they became too repetitive. DP was when they were at their worst in my opinion. Their script was terrible. I thought their dialogue was corny, I hated the rhyming, they came off as weak, they lacked the cool factor of the Kanto TR. I found them to be much more interesting this region. Their plans were better and more well thought out and they actually felt like how Team Rocket agents should be.

Last edited:

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
That's a sort of mecha that they usually have to capture Pokemon in Best Wishes to me, but still, they seem like they're serious/incompetent to me. But why would they go from Robot in one episode, to that forcefield box in the next? I think it's because they're sort of mixing the two types of Team Rockets together.

They're using the laser cage in the next episode because the upgraded balloon (which, I admit, I do like the design of) is the robot.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys

Squirtle_007

I just hope they won´t butt in on EVERY SINGLE EPISODE (¬_¬), and please, PLEASE leave annoying Mime Jr. and useless Wobbuffet at home

I will cry :(.....

Me too. They better not be in every episode especially if they are jokes again like they were in DP. It will take away time from the other important characters and BW has proved TRio doesn't have to be in every episode.

I just hope they won´t butt in on EVERY SINGLE EPISODE (¬_¬), and please, PLEASE leave annoying Mime Jr. and useless Wobbuffet at home

Wobbuffet and Mime Jr. still being no where in sight is what is giving me hope that TRio haven't gone back to COMPLETE idiots. Because if they did go back to complete idiots, those 2 would likely come back..... OH WAIT! PLEASE NO! Does anyone else remember that contest they had after Tempest where people got to vote for which Pokémon you wanted to come back the most out of Wobbuffet, Mime Jr. and Dustox? Uh oh.....

Last edited:

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Me too. They better not be in every episode especially if they are jokes again like they were in DP. It will take away time from the other important characters and BW has proved TRio doesn't have to be in every episode.

They better pull a jet pack out of their *** -_-.

Squirtle_007

Wobbuffet and Mime Jr. still being no where in sight is what is giving me hope that TRio haven't gone back to COMPLETE idiots. Because if they did go back to complete idiots, those 2 would likely come back..... OH WAIT! PLEASE NO! Does anyone else remember that contest they had after Tempest where people got to vote for which Pokémon you wanted to come back the most out of Wobbuffet, Mime Jr. and Dustox? Uh oh.....

And the fact that Dustox was actually released on screen gives me shivers :(

In that case, I would prefer to see Chimecho again ... it´s ... cuter ... than Mime Jr.

Kein

AKA Silktree
Does anyone else remember that contest they had after Tempest where people got to vote for which Pokémon you wanted to come back the most out of Wobbuffet, Mime Jr. and Dustox? Uh oh.....
Wobbuffet won and it just so happens to be featured in the Eevee short. I expect to see it on the actual show, but it could just come back for the short, although in that case I don't understand the point of the poll (since Meowth and Wobbuffet were the only Team Rocket Pokémon featured in the Meloetta short, and there wasn't a poll for that).

The fact that Wobbuffet hasn't been seen yet doesn't mean it won't be brought back later, say around April (six months after the contest).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.