• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Epwna's Wins and Fails with sprites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Epwna is a Sceptile

The epic turnip king
Well, I decided to post some of my sprites. Some are good, some are bad, and some are OK. I do a variety of stuff. Here are some fusions and revamps:

http://i26.*******.com/28mjku0.png My personal favorite is my Oddish/Elekid fusion.

For revamps, I do front and back sprites. I also just made these the other day, my first revamps ever. These I really hope you like.

http://i32.*******.com/1z5jeja.png My personal favorite is my Lavitar ones, Pidgeot being a close second. Pidgeot was also my first revamp ever.

Killer_Squirtle

Follow my lead!
I must agree, the larvitar and Pidgeot are the best made. Did you use the modern sprites' palette to do this?

Mezz

Uniquely Rebellious
I love the Shelder/Paras! Really well done on that one. I also like the idea of Natu/Azurill, however if you could just move the right ear down a bit, it would look more anatomically correct. (Or as anatomically correct as Pokemon can be.)

My favorite of your revamps is Azumarill (but that's probably because it's my favorite pokemon.) Were you trying to revamp it in terms of digital style, or in terms of color palette? Because the color palette is, at least in my eyes, spot-on. However, if you were doing it in style, I would add a little more solid coloring to it, instead of the 2nd Generational spotted pattern. This goes for most of the rest. (I don't mean the bubble/wave-like pattern, that's a must-have xD)

Overall: Really great work in both areas.

Last edited:

charizard009

Captian Obvious...
Your fusions are very Copy and Paste. Let me Explain:

Look at your one of Voltorb/Dustox. Now look at Voltorbs outline. Its is in some sections 2 pixels wide and the coloring is messed up. So it looks like you simply took the right wing of dustox and made two versions, the original and a second. The second is simply you flipping the wing, you did not fix the shaping on it either. And then you proceeded to place them on voltorbs body. There appears to be little scratching in this sprite, which is essentiel to good fusions.(scratching that is) This, Copy and Paste feature, appears to be on all of you sprites. I could go on about the other fusions, but for now work on scratching in your fusions.

As for your Revamps, There not revamps at all. A revamp is re-coloring the older version of a sprite, but also includes re-shading and Re-sizing. The fire on moltres needs to be re-done to a more modern style of fire. Look at the HGSS sprite of Moltres for some help. Mews right leg needs to be reshaded, but with this mew sprite, you should probably repose it with a sprite that is facing to the left, rather than looking straight ahead. They all have way to much dithering and need to be reshaded.

So overall they can use some work.

Epwna is a Sceptile

The epic turnip king
Thanks for the critisism.

KS, I did use modern sprite pallettes.

Mezz, I did just color-pallette revamp. I'm glad you like them, and I'll fix my Natu/Azurill

charizard, It's wierd that you say that. Everyone i've asked loved the Voltorb/Dustox one.And for some I did do a bit of scratching. And like I said, I just color-pallette reshade, but with the ones i like a lot, I shade a bit.

Cheez Puf

Just lurking.
As far as the revamps go, they're nice, but look like they could use a little anti-aliasing. Also, you might want to eliminate some of the dithering on some of the sprites, namely the rhydon front and the eevee back; but overall, they're not bad.

tomthepom

Ok, I'm going to be nice with this crit.

Those aren't actually revamps. Revamping means actually removing all the shading, resizing the sprite to a new size, then adding back the shading in the newer style. These are just recolours.

As for you're fusions, like Charizard009 stated, they are all Copy and Pastes, the wings on the voltorb arent even connected, like most of the other things, for example the ears on the Natu/Marill or the arms on the Metang/Luvdisc.
I'm not too sure how the Bidoof/Umbreon is standing up, those legs are way too skinny to support that body.

Keep working and you'll get there.

Status
Not open for further replies.