• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Equip, The Face-Off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pure

back.
Welcome to Equip, the Face-Off. This is one of the new methods I thought up around December to debut in 2007. The next on the list is Absolution II. So far there have been Absolution I, Grass Method and this.

The Game
  • SPPf Face-Off Rules apply
  • Each post counts as a turn, regardless of the person posting.
  • You may post once per 30 seconds.
  • I will need 2 more Tallyists.
  • Each candidate begins with 30 Health.
  • Each Face-Off has 10 Candidates.
Equip Method
In this method, you may equip items to a contender. Each item has a different effect, and is available in varying times. You may claim one item per turn, without cost.

#Choke Collar: -2 each turn.
*Dark Suit: -5 Defense. Cannot be countered with Golden Suit.
*Golden Suit: +5 Defense. Cannot be countered with Dark Suit.
#Orb of Light: +2 each turn OR liberates a contender from Choke Collar.
*Rapier: +3 Attack.
*Single Katana: +2 Attack, -1 Defense.
*Dual Katanas: +1 Attack, +1 Defense.
*Shield: +3 Defense.
Heal Soda: +5.

*Items last two turns.
Regular items last a single turn.
#Items last an indefinite amount of turns.

You may choose to attack. Each attack is simply -5 base attack, without bonuses or factoring in Attack and Defense.
Attack is the amount added to the base power. Each candidate starts with 0 Attack.
Defense is the amount subtracted from the base power. Each candidate starts with 0 Defense.

Example:

I'll choose Alakazam.
I will take a Rapier.
*Alakazam: +2 ATK +0 DEF
------------------------------
I'll take Solrock.
I'll equip him with a Shield.
*Solrock: +0 ATK +2 DEF
Again, i'll choose Alakazam.
I will attack Solrock.
*+2 ATK v. +2 DEF = 0.
*Solrock DEALT -5.
Solrock: 25 HEALTH.
I will choose Solrock again.
I'll take a Heal Soda.
*Solrock DRANK Heal Soda.
*+5 HEALTH.
Solrock: 30 HEALTH.

So that should be an efficient demonstration. The points asterisked are not necessary. That can be stated or calculated in your mind or by the Game Masters.

The Face-Off
Begin nominating. Anything is fair game, as long as it pertains to Pokémon (that includes SPPf). You may nominate members, Pokémon, VA's, characters, producers, etc.

I will kick us off with a nomination of Glacia.

AngelLatias

+ L i g h t m a r e
This style seems a bit easer than your previous ones...
I nominate Latias. She'll like the soda. 8D

Jonah

herd u liek mudkips?
Hmm...*tries to think of something random* Brendan? Colloseum Leader Joe? Joe Merrick? Brock's riceballs? PMD Rayquaza boss battle music? Hmm...yeah. Music.

I nominate Go Ichinose. He and Junichii Masuda make the music for Pokemon, just in case you were wondering who he is.

WTF?

Samir, while it is very good that you can keep us occupied with 'advanced' Face-Offs, you make far too many. I thought 6 was a lot but you have about 12. You should quit making them for a while to give others a chance.

Anyway, I nominate Typhlosion.

Pure

back.
Let's see...how many have I made in 2007? 3.
What right do you have to talk? In your first DAY registered, you made a Face-Off. It took me almost two months to get my first FO. Plus, you think 12 is much? I used to have 15, or more. I deleted a LOT of my old ones. I'm about to get rid of a few more (types). What do I have? Sugimori, CT, Equip, Future, Abs I, Johto, Types, Grass, Grand...that's 8. Types goes...7. Abs I goes...6. Sugimori finishes...5. I do Abs II, 6. And a surprise, 7.
So 7.
I would expect this speech from AM or Angel or someone who has a right to say so. I've kept myself in moderation lately. I have 3 new FOs, and AM has 3 new FOs. It's just that his died. My old ones aren't dying.
Oh, and you're warned.

Go Ichinose, Typhlosion accepted.

WTF?

Samir, while it is very good that you can keep us occupied with 'advanced' Face-Offs, you make far too many. I thought 6 was a lot but you have about 12. You should quit making them for a while to give others a chance.

Anyway, I nominate Typhlosion.

Sami saved you a speeh twice as long from me, so thank him later =P...
Besides, you have/had an illegal rule in your FOs...so they are all spam...

On a lighter note, Abs I was a failure, Future bores me, but Equip is very well-crafted indeed 8D.
Add some TMs...and maybe another dimension--users get x currency for every legit post s/he makes, which can be cashed in for better items.

I nominate FFOv2.

Pure

back.
I must agree with you, AM. Future is simple, and I don't really do simple methods.
Another dimension? Hm. I'll consider that.

You might want to nominate #5, AM. Otherwise we have SPAM.

Pure

back.
Glacia: 30
Latias: 30
Mightyena: 30
Go Ichinose: 30
Typhlosion: 30
Poketch: 30

Start.

Pure

back.
Good, good.

I'll equip Glacia with a Shield.

1 more turn for the Rapier, Angel.

Two more for the Shield.

Glacia: +0 ATK +3 DEF

Pure

back.
Yes. Go Ichinose takes -8. However, Latias loses the Rapier.

The Shield appears to be of no use. It is lost. I'll give Typhlosion a Single Katana.

Typhlosion: +2 ATK -1 DEF

Glacia: 30
Latias: 30
Mightyena: 30
Go Ichinose: 22
Typhlosion: 30
Poketch: 30

Pure

back.
Indefinitely.

MIGHTYENA recieves -2.
TYPHLOSION attacks MIGHTYENA.